Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Gold

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Calling it now. Mitches first start will not come till week 8 vs the Saints

Bears will start 0-7

Only game i would feel ok putting him out there prior is GB but that is followed by minisota and baltimore 2 of the best D's in the league.

Past week 8. I would not call any team a dominate defense outside of week 17 with minisota. That gives mitch a string of 8 or so games without anyone really threatening to kill his confidence.

I domt think we win many of those final 9 games with Mitch. But at least it gives him a solid run vs defenses that should not deflate a young qb.

Also. Week 8 means our future coach Sean payton can get a look at his future qb. And after that we get 2 weeks to prepare for Mitch as the starter due to the bye

All this nonsense about destroying MT's confidence has got to stop. The Colts went 3-13 in Manning's rookie season...was his confidence destroyed? Either guys can play in the league or they can't. If MT is better than Glennon now, he should be playing. I understand if they are trying to build up Glennon's value for a potential trade but if he doesn't turn it around soon, this change needs to happen.

Where's the list of guys whose confidence was destroyed because they were playing too early? Some of you talk like its a mile long. I'm guessing any QB who appears on such a list would be better labeled as a draft bust.

This is not baseball, where we're trying to protect years of service. The clock is ticking on MT's contract right now.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by SoapySweetness View Post
    All this nonsense about destroying MT's confidence has got to stop. The Colts went 3-13 in Manning's rookie season...was his confidence destroyed? Either guys can play in the league or they can't. If MT is better than Glennon now, he should be playing. I understand if they are trying to build up Glennon's value for a potential trade but if he doesn't turn it around soon, this change needs to happen.

Where's the list of guys whose confidence was destroyed because they were playing too early? Some of you talk like its a mile long. I'm guessing any QB who appears on such a list would be better labeled as a draft bust.

This is not baseball, where we're trying to protect years of service. The clock is ticking on MT's contract right now.
    While you can maks a solid case for the positives cases. I can myself make a solid case for the negatives. Besides that though let's just talk about facts. For as bad as glennon has been. Why hasnt mitch played. And in not just talking about the two full games. It was clear from pre sesson that mike was not good. There are only two explanations that would explain this. 1) glennon is just better. Which is a scary thought and a pretty outright saying then that mitch is a bust. OR 2) we are in face protecting Mitch. A highly more likely scenario IMO. We are at the end of our depth chart in terms of receivers. We have problems across the line due to injury. And a struggling running game. You have none of the tools in place to help a rok QB. If we were talking from pre season I would have been on board with starting hin but at this point the season has spiralled and derailed already due to injury and we are only 2 games in

And while you can argue his contract (which is a ridiculous argument to make) or how many have worked out. I can make an argument otherwise. Guys who have suceded after sitting. Rodgers and Goff both don't seem to have ill affects.

I think the scariest thing for me. Is not nessisarily his play either. But boy man. Its this city. This city is easily one if not the hardest to play in just from a standpoint of fans and media being so rash and quick to judgement. I mean. We all crucified glennon after 1 pre season quarter. Agreed though it seems justified. But what happens when a rok has a bad game in chicago. How fast does this city label him a bust. How long till Mitch hears chirping in his ears he needs to play better. And the pressure builds on hin to be some sort of season savior (which just isnt gonna happen).best case scenario. Is he can just go out and play after glennon leads us to an uncermountable record and mitch can just go out and do what he can. And ideally. The line gets healthy. The receivers are ok. And the media is more focused on fox or the reccord to care if Mitch throws a pick or takes a sack

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

So your saying Rodgers and Goff became successful because they sat?
    Would they not have been as successful had they started right away?
    I also find it puzzling that after Rodgers, Goff is your 2nd example...has he already been deemed a success?

Kevin White seems to have been treated fairly by this city. If a player can't handle playing in this city as a rookie, what changes next year or the year after? That's just another BS argument

The contract is a huge factor. If this team is going to win a SB it will likely be in Mitch's rookie contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    The contract is a huge factor. If this team is going to win a SB it will likely be in Mitch's rookie contract.
    Hey man I'd recommend Tapatalk overwhelmingly over the PSD app.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I also find it puzzling that after Rodgers, Goff is your 2nd example...has he already been deemed a success?

Kevin White seems to have been treated fairly by this city. If a player can't handle playing in this city as a rookie, what changes next year or the year after? That's just another BS argument
    Didnt Goff start a few games last year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Didnt Greenbay have a HOF QB playing in front of Rodgers? Comparing Sitting Glennon and sitting Brett Favre is like comparing rotten eggs and a filet mignon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Honestly my bigger concern is just that the Bears are incapable of grooming a quarterback. I wonder what Aaron Rodgers would look like if the Bears developed him. Not to take anything away from the guy, just have to think sometimes.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Honestly my bigger concern is just that the Bears are incapable of grooming a quarterback. I wonder what Aaron Rodgers would look like if the Bears developed him. Not to take anything away from the guy, just have to think sometimes.
    It's why I want to move on from Fox sooner than later. Get someone in here that's capable of developing a young QB.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Systems/coaches developing players is a bit of a myth. What I mean is if GB is so good at developing QBs, where are all their other successful QBs that developed in their system and then moved on? IMO, developing Favre and Rodgers are unrelated as that was nearly 15 yrs apart and under totally different staffs. Same can be said with Indy getting Luck and Manning. I do believe certain coaches are better at aiding development than others, but ultimately this is a player ability thing.

As for the conversation about sitting QBs or playing them right away. There is zero way to quantify which is better as you can only do one with a QB. Both choices have some success stories and many, many more failures. I believe some players need a certain approach to be successful and some are fine/bad no matter the approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Systems/coaches developing players is a bit of a myth. What I mean is if GB is so good at developing QBs, where are all their other successful QBs that developed in their system and then moved on? IMO, developing Favre and Rodgers are unrelated as that was nearly 15 yrs apart and under totally different staffs. Same can be said with Indy getting Luck and Manning. I do believe certain coaches are better at aiding development than others, but ultimately this is a player ability thing.

As for the conversation about sitting QBs or playing them right away. There is zero way to quantify which is better as you can only do one with a QB. Both choices have some success stories and many, many more failures. I believe some players need a certain approach to be successful and some are fine/bad no matter the approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you hit on some good points here. I do think coaching staff plays a part....but I think the weapons (OL, receivers, backs etc), and the QB itself probably play a bigger part. The GM is crucial in this because he's directly responsible putting the right cast around the QB. If you have a coach an elite QB and great weapons around him, chances are pretty damn good they're going to succeed. Hell, Rodgers may be the GOAT but there's a ton of GB fans who despise McCarthy. It's the QB and their transcendent talent that really make everything go. And of course, some good weapons like Nelson, Cobb etc.

Development does matter. Rodgers is a prime example actually. His mechanics were a total mess coming into the league. He may still be really good, but maybe not the best ever had he not taken the time to overhaul those mechanics and placed into a perfect situation.

Of course talent is what ultimately matters, but having a coach that's capable of maximizing that talent is crucial in this league. For as much **** as Lovie took, he got everything he could from his Defense and put them in positions to succeed more often than not. His failings were on the other side, but he knew how to develop defensive players and put them in the right place.

I'm not suggesting that we bring back Lovie, but that we bring in someone that can build an Offensive gameplan around Trubisky and play to his strengths. Look at the success Goff is having this year...sure, he's talented, but the Rams brought in McVay and he's built the Offense around Goff & Gurley.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-05-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast