Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    I think Rusev will win the tag titles. Its amazing that English has gotten over as well. I never saw that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Easily the worst decision of 2017 was making Jinder champ. I understand he was new blood and that they wanted him to get over in India but the dude was a jobber throughout his tenure in WWE. Did they really think fans would forget that? That's a stupid question because I'm sure they did but there were ways to build Jinder up. They just chose not to. Not to mention, the foreign heel gimmick has been beaten to death. The character was way too one dimensional.
    The funny thing about Rusev is that he used to be the classic foreign heel. I think the irony of him getting over with this Rusev Day stuff is only getting him more over with fans.

It's kind of stupid and silly, but he's really good in the ring, so I don't mind any of it. I never have a problem when a talented wrestler gets over and gets a push as a result. I'm ok with him getting a run as tag champ before getting any further push to the main event. If he's still over like this 6 months from now, then he needs to get the full push to the top like Daniel Bryan did a few years ago. That's what this Rusev thing reminds me of... Daniel Bryan's early push when he was in a tag team with Kane. But we'll see if Rusev Day can be anywhere near as sustainable as the Yes Movement. This could all just turn out similar to how it did with Cesaro when he was super over and through bad booking the got buried and eventually turned heel with Sheamus.

Rusev is on fire right now though and Aiden English is helping lol. I really did not see this coming at all. I thought this whole Rusev Day thing was stupid at first, but it got tremendously over with the crowd and somehow it's working.

Also, with the whole SD Tag Division, I like it because all the teams are very good in the ring, but I feel like they are all baby face teams. I guess American Alpha 2 is kinda heelish, but they need to turn full heel. Also, I don't know if the Usos are supposed to be face or heel right now. I think what needs to happen is Bludgeon Brothers should just destroy all these teams and win the Tag Titles. Then at WrestleMania, Rusev Day gets pushed and goes over the seemingly unbeatable Bludgeon Brothers.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 12-28-2017 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    If jinder can be champ so could rusev. Who has more talent in his non steroided body than jinder. Rusev got him self over but in wwe thats not usually allowed so soon enough he gets buried.
    I agree, but I don't mind if it's a slow build with Rusev rising through the mid card ranks throughout the 1st half of 2018. If they ever decide to push Rusev as a singles competitor, I see no reason why they can't do that and just have Aiden English be his manager instead of tag partner. It's not like English is over because of his in ring skills. He's over because of his singing and his mic skills.

With Rusev and English, you have two of the most cliche types of heels you could come up with and right now they are super over lol.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 12-28-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    The funny thing about Rusev is that he used to be the classic foreign heel. I think the irony of him getting over with this Rusev Day stuff is only getting him more over with fans.

It's kind of stupid and silly, but he's really good in the ring, so I don't mind any of it. I never have a problem when a talented wrestler gets over and gets a push as a result. I'm ok with him getting a run as tag champ before getting any further push to the main event. If he's still over like this 6 months from now, then he needs to get the full push to the top like Daniel Bryan did a few years ago. That's what this Rusev thing reminds me of... Daniel Bryan's early push when he was in a tag team with Kane. But we'll see if Rusev Day can be anywhere near as sustainable as the Yes Movement. This could all just turn out similar to how it did with Cesaro when he was super over and through bad booking the got buried and eventually turned heel with Sheamus.

Rusev is on fire right now though and Aiden English is helping lol. I really did not see this coming at all. I thought this whole Rusev Day thing was stupid at first, but it got tremendously over with the crowd and somehow it's working.

Also, with the whole SD Tag Division, I like it because all the teams are very good in the ring, but I feel like they are all baby face teams. I guess American Alpha 2 is kinda heelish, but they need to turn full heel. Also, I don't know if the Usos are supposed to be face or heel right now. I think what needs to happen is Bludgeon Brothers should just destroy all these teams and win the Tag Titles. Then at WrestleMania, Rusev Day gets pushed and goes over the seemingly unbeatable Bludgeon Brothers.
    I like this idea a lot. Bludgeon Brothers are great Rusev Day is great. Plenty of fodder in the tag division. But I think the Usos would have to take time off or go to RAW.

Well that's what hurt Rusev during his original run. Bulgarian brute who represents Russia (I don't know why they just didnt make him Russian) was a boring heel gimmick and it was all a setup for him to be eventually fed to Cena. Its 2017 going on 2018, not 1985. The flag match was another horrible booking job. I'm glad Rusev was able to get over with social media and in spite of WWE creative/Vince essentially burying him for cutting his hair and announcing his engagement to Lana (lucky guy). WWE always likes to blur the lines of kayfabe with Total Divas, all their reality programming on the network but because he killed a stupid angle with Summer Rae, they **** all over him.

I hope they win the tag titles. Then again, we saw how over the Fashion Police were for a while only for that to fade. You have to strike while the iron is hot.

All I know is Rusev makes for a really good face, tag team or singles competitor. Hopefully the WWE give him a legit WWE title shot at some point. He runs circles around a guy like Jinder.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-29-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Happy Rusev Day everyone! Turns out that Rusev's shirt is the #1 selling item (over Styles shirt) on WWE.com.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Happy Rusev Day everyone!!!

Did anyone hear the Rusev Day chant on RAW? That's how over he is. He's getting chants on RAW.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 01-02-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    Marmolololololol

Well that's what hurt Rusev during his original run. Bulgarian brute who represents Russia (I don't know why they just didnt make him Russian) was a boring heel gimmick and it was all a setup for him to be eventually fed to Cena. Its 2017 going on 2018, not 1985. The flag match was another horrible booking job. I'm glad Rusev was able to get over with social media and in spite of WWE creative/Vince essentially burying him for cutting his hair and announcing his engagement to Lana (lucky guy). WWE always likes to blur the lines of kayfabe with Total Divas, all their reality programming on the network but because he killed a stupid angle with Summer Rae, they **** all over him.

I hope they win the tag titles. Then again, we saw how over the Fashion Police were for a while only for that to fade. You have to strike while the iron is hot.

All I know is Rusev makes for a really good face, tag team or singles competitor. Hopefully the WWE give him a legit WWE title shot at some point. He runs circles around a guy like Jinder.
    Everyone runs circles around Jinder. I don't even think Jinder is THAT bad. It's just that nearly everyone else is better. If it were 10 years ago, Jinder would fit right in.

Anyway, back to Rusev getting the big push... I have more faith in this than in Fashion Police. I don't think anyone took Fashion Police seriously. Anyone who liked them (me included) knew that they were serving their purpose and didn't have much else to offer beyond that. They were an amusing comedy routine. While I would have liked to see them get a cup of coffee as Tag Team Champs, that's all they would have ever been. They were a pure comedy act. It would have been like seeing Santino Marella win the US Title for a short stint. In reality, it's not a bad thing they never won the Tag Titles as it kind of diminishes the meaning of the Titles. In the short term it would have been fun to see, but long term it probably hurts the division. When Heath and Rhino won their Tag Titles it was fun for a bit, but in the end the division was weaker and it took a series of great matches between New Day and Usos to get that division back on track. The difference with Rusev Day is that while this is a comedy routine right now, it has room evolve into something more serious. This is more similar to Team Hell No in that it started out as a comedy routine, but it also helped launch Daniel Bryan's career into something more prominent. I could see the same happening for Rusev. We all know Aiden English doesn't have much of a future in terms of being a legitimate main event guy, but he's there for Rusev right now by helping him get over. Rusev has the potential to be a legit top guy in WWE. Neither Breeze or Fandango had that.

WWE has ruined things like this before so don't get me wrong, they could screw this up too. But the bottom line is they have a very talented wrestler who is absurdly over right now. This isn't Fasion Police over. This is becoming Daniel Bryan over.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 01-02-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    Marmolololololol

Latest rumor is saying Rusev will win the US Title. He's not in the tournament, but Aiden English is. I was wondering by English was in the tournament instead of Rusev, but maybe they are planning some sort of surprise here.
    Marmolololololol

Latest rumor is saying Rusev will win the US Title. He's not in the tournament, but Aiden English is. I was wondering by English was in the tournament instead of Rusev, but maybe they are planning some sort of surprise here.
    I hope that Rusev doesnít turn on Aiden because their rapport is really fun and has helped Rusev. They are both making each other better and itís an interesting dynamic from the enforcer where Aiden would be having Rusev beat people up for him.

In the article I was reading, it did say that English and Rusev would be doing a program together. I interpret that as them feuding.

Nobody wants to see them wrestle each other. This isn't like Jericho and Owens where you want to see it end with a match against each other. What I want to see is Rusev get pushed as a singles competitor with English as his manager. I'm ok with them remaining a tag team for the time being, but they can only go so far as a tag team. There is no need to have English turn heel/Rusev turn babyface and have them feud with each other. Nobody wants to see that match. We want to see them remain together and get pushed.

Honestly, WWE might as well have Jinder win the US Title and have Rusev face him at WrestleMania. Most hated wrestler vs most loved right now.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 01-02-2018 at 04:03 PM.
    Marmolololololol

Everyone runs circles around Jinder. I don't even think Jinder is THAT bad. It's just that nearly everyone else is better. If it were 10 years ago, Jinder would fit right in.

Anyway, back to Rusev getting the big push... I have more faith in this than in Fashion Police. I don't think anyone took Fashion Police seriously. Anyone who liked them (me included) knew that they were serving their purpose and didn't have much else to offer beyond that. They were an amusing comedy routine. While I would have liked to see them get a cup of coffee as Tag Team Champs, that's all they would have ever been. They were a pure comedy act. It would have been like seeing Santino Marella win the US Title for a short stint. In reality, it's not a bad thing they never won the Tag Titles as it kind of diminishes the meaning of the Titles. In the short term it would have been fun to see, but long term it probably hurts the division. When Heath and Rhino won their Tag Titles it was fun for a bit, but in the end the division was weaker and it took a series of great matches between New Day and Usos to get that division back on track. The difference with Rusev Day is that while this is a comedy routine right now, it has room evolve into something more serious. This is more similar to Team Hell No in that it started out as a comedy routine, but it also helped launch Daniel Bryan's career into something more prominent. I could see the same happening for Rusev. We all know Aiden English doesn't have much of a future in terms of being a legitimate main event guy, but he's there for Rusev right now by helping him get over. Rusev has the potential to be a legit top guy in WWE. Neither Breeze or Fandango had that.

WWE has ruined things like this before so don't get me wrong, they could screw this up too. But the bottom line is they have a very talented wrestler who is absurdly over right now. This isn't Fasion Police over. This is becoming Daniel Bryan over.
    You cant have much faith in Jinder if you think nearly everyone else is better. I don't know if the foreign heel gimmick has worked since Hassan and they had to drop that because it was getting "too real" for some viewers, especially after what happened in Spain and England. I liked that gimmick only because he was a great way to get heat. The problem is can you trust the WWE to do tasteful heel and not have another Katie Vick program.

Well I'm not speaking to the Fashion Police's long term ability to get over, just the fact that they were pretty over at one point. I understand a cup of coffee as tag team champs is probably the most they could have sustained. I wonder if Rusev can stay over once the WWE realizes how over he is and maybe puts the tag team and other titles on him. Sometimes chasing is better than being "the guy". That said, there is no denying how over this dude is. Just wondering if the WWE does the right thing and capitalizes because he can be more than a tag team champ as well.

You cant have much faith in Jinder if you think nearly everyone else is better. I don't know if the foreign heel gimmick has worked since Hassan and they had to drop that because it was getting "too real" for some viewers, especially after what happened in Spain and England. I liked that gimmick only because he was a great way to get heat. The problem is can you trust the WWE to do tasteful heel and not have another Katie Vick program.

Well I'm not speaking to the Fashion Police's long term ability to get over, just the fact that they were pretty over at one point. I understand a cup of coffee as tag team champs is probably the most they could have sustained. I wonder if Rusev can stay over once the WWE realizes how over he is and maybe puts the tag team and other titles on him. Sometimes chasing is better than being "the guy". That said, there is no denying how over this dude is. Just wondering if the WWE does the right thing and capitalizes because he can be more than a tag team champ as well.
    With Jinder, I meant nearly everyone else is better as an in ring performer, not overall. And he's not HORRIBLE in the ring either. When looking at today's roster, there really aren't too many horribly bad in ring performers like there used to be. Jinder can move around decently in there. He hasn't had any great matches, but he's not a total stiff. When I say he's one of the worst in ring performers on the roster, to me it's more of an acknowledgment of how WWE has shifted their roster to a performance driven roster rather than a looks based one and that even a guy like Jinder who is a decent athlete is in the bottom tier as far as in ring performers are concerned. So yeah, he's one of the worst workers on the roster but at the same time, he isn't that bad and is capable of working a decent match. I don't think his in ring skills are so bad that you can't tolerate him.

And in ring performance isn't be all end all. Jinder has a great look with above average mic skills. The material he has been given from Vince has been pretty bad, but his delivery is good and he is more capable than most of cutting a good promo. I think Jinder is a perfectly acceptable upper midcarder. I mean, the Miz is also one of the worst in ring performers and really isn't much better than Jinder in the ring. That doesn't mean Miz can't wrestle. He serves his purpose, can have decent matches and is an excellent talker. I don't remember the last time Miz had a great one on one match, but he gets by with his mic skills. Jinder isn't as good on the mic, but he's above average and has a great look. That counts for something. Not WWE Championship material perhaps, but it still counts for something.
    Marmolololololol

With Jinder, I meant nearly everyone else is better as an in ring performer, not overall. And he's not HORRIBLE in the ring either. When looking at today's roster, there really aren't too many horribly bad in ring performers like there used to be. Jinder can move around decently in there. He hasn't had any great matches, but he's not a total stiff. When I say he's one of the worst in ring performers on the roster, to me it's more of an acknowledgment of how WWE has shifted their roster to a performance driven roster rather than a looks based one and that even a guy like Jinder who is a decent athlete is in the bottom tier as far as in ring performers are concerned. So yeah, he's one of the worst workers on the roster but at the same time, he isn't that bad and is capable of working a decent match. I don't think his in ring skills are so bad that you can't tolerate him.

And in ring performance isn't be all end all. Jinder has a great look with above average mic skills. The material he has been given from Vince has been pretty bad, but his delivery is good and he is more capable than most of cutting a good promo. I think Jinder is a perfectly acceptable upper midcarder. I mean, the Miz is also one of the worst in ring performers and really isn't much better than Jinder in the ring. That doesn't mean Miz can't wrestle. He serves his purpose, can have decent matches and is an excellent talker. I don't remember the last time Miz had a great one on one match, but he gets by with his mic skills. Jinder isn't as good on the mic, but he's above average and has a great look. That counts for something. Not WWE Championship material perhaps, but it still counts for something.
    I always thought Jinder could make for a solid mid card heel but you cant immediately thrust him into the WWE title picture when he spent so many years as a jobber. He's ok in the ring, no worse than a guy like the Miz but as you mentioned he cant touch the Miz on the mic. I'm not in love with the Miz's promos either. Too much work shoot stuff that we know is overscripted to appeal to the mark crowds.

We'll see what happens with Rusev but a tag team title run has to be in the cards. At that point you could certainly transition him to being a singles competitor and hopefully a top guy on Smackdown.

I love Bludgeon Brothers. That music is awesome and Harper is fantastic.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast