Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What will you be focusing on for this game?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trubisky

7 77.78%
  • O-Line

1 11.11%
  • Pass Rush

2 22.22%
  • Other

2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Preseason Week 1 GDT: Denver Broncos (0-0) @ Chicago Bears (0-0) | 8/10 |7:30 pm CT

Code:
    Preseason Week 1 @ Location: Soldier Field, Chicago Thursday, August 10 at 7:00 PM CT TV: FOX 32
    Click For More Stats
    Preview:
    Betting on the Denver Broncos
    There might be no team that has a bigger quarterback battle going on than the Broncos, who are still in the deliberation process of choosing who between Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch will run the show under center for the team. Siemian has the advantage, as he saw more action last season in which he passed for 3,401 yards and 19 touchdowns to go with 10 interceptions.

Lynch, meanwhile, was the team’s first-round pick in 2016 so this must be a good time for the Broncos to give him regular starts. He appeared in just three games last year, finishing the campaign with 497 passing yards, two touchdown passes and an interception.

In any case, the Broncos’ offensive line will have to stop being crappy. The Broncos allowed 40 QB sacks last season and made some moves this offseason which the team believes would help cut that number down. New addition Russell Okung and rookie Garett Bolles could work on their chemistry with the unit in this match against the Bears.

Betting on the Chicago Bears
    The Bears’ offense was downright ugly last season, when they ranked 29th in scoring offense. They’re hoping that 2017 second overall draft selection Mitchell Trubisky would be their future now that Jay Cutler is now the Miami Dolphins’ problem.

But since the team also threw money at Mike Glennon and picked Mark Sanchez off the side of the road, Trubisky might have to wait for his time. Still, the three quarterbacks each will get their shot at slinging the pigskin this Thursday. Glennon is the projected starter for the regular season so Sanchez and Trubisky could be battling for the backup position. Hopefully for the Bears, Denver’s defense that ate quarterbacks whole last season wouldn’t be as punishing in this game, given that not all starters are going to be on the field.

Over at the backfield, Ka’Deem Carey could use these preseason games to prove he still belongs on the roster. Carey has yet to turn in solid numbers in three years with the team, during which he’s accumulated just 443 rushing yards and just a pair of touchdowns across 37 games.

Writer’s Prediction
    Denver wins, 24-15.
    Last edited by blams; 08-07-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Go Bears

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Excited to see what Glennon and Trubisky will look like.
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

Preseason Week 1 GDT: Denver Broncos (0-0) @ Chicago Bears (0-0) | 8/10 |7:30 pm CT

Yeah, go Bears!
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Lol @ predicting a winner for a preseason game 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Cracked me up, too

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    it's impossible to say. like we know if their 3rd and 4th sting guys can close out a game I over ours. starters will play like what. 1 or 2 series if that.

Biggest thing is just seeing Glennon and Trubisky throw and see which one looks better throwing.
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

Trubisky will be on 670 am today at 940 am CST.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    Trubisky will be on 670 am today at 940 am CST.
    Replaying at Noon
    Last edited by Timmmahhh; 08-09-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

Voted "Other"

Trubisky is probably the most important part long term, but he isn't going to play before week like 10/playoff dreams die (unless Glennon/Sanchez go down) so I'm less concerned with where he currently is at...

Instead I'm going to be mostly interested in seeing:
    1. Tarik Cohen
    2. Shaheen

Two people will have day 1 starting potential...... truth be told I should probably watch Shaheen more than Cohen, since his role will presumably be larger.... but meh, Cohen has more highlight reel potential.

3. I'm also -very- curious to see Eddie Jackson play since he may become a starter.

4. Jonathan Bullard probably rounds out my top 4, let's see what he can do.

Then moving to the backups:

1. Trubisky is obv. #1 to watch there.
    2. Tanner Gentry is probably my #2, given his camp hype.... I'm thinking he may supplant someone for a fringe roster spot if he starts flashing in preseason the way he has in camp, especially considering he's big enough to play outside.
    3. The more generalized #2 RB spot is where I'll probably pay attention the most beyond that.

by Cohen. im guesing you mean as a kick returner when you say starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    by Cohen. im guesing you mean as a kick returner when you say starter.
    Starting 3rd down back is what I meant.

Like Shaheen, I'm probably using "starter" as a bit of a technicality..... Shaheen probably won't be the #1 TE, but he'll almost assuredly be a "starter" when we're in double TE formations.... Likewise, Cohen isn't going to take Howard's job by any means, and his overall role in the offense will be probably limited, but I do think he ends up being used immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    Starting 3rd down back is what I meant.

Like Shaheen, I'm probably using "starter" as a bit of a technicality..... Shaheen probably won't be the #1 TE, but he'll almost assuredly be a "starter" when we're in double TE formations.... Likewise, Cohen isn't going to take Howard's job by any means, and his overall role in the offense will be probably limited, but I do think he ends up being used immediately.
    I don't know about that. Cohen would have to be pretty amazing to take Howard off the field. I think even on 3rd I might prefer to have Howard blocking them Cohen.

it will depend on down and situation obviously. but I would bet it would be hard for Cohen to push howard for more than 50 percent of 3rd down snaps.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast