Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Darren Daulton passes away at 55

brain cancer.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Poor guy

He was on that 1997 Marlins team that won it all.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Sad news.

I quite liked Dutch the baseball player as a kid. One of the reasons I love baseball today.
    1st Place...the only place that matters

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Poor guy

He was on that 1997 Marlins team that won it all.
    Yeah, I think he had a solid series too.

No way. The '93 Phillies have to be one of the most memorable World Series losers ever. I loved that team and he was definitely the leader in that crew for sure. Sorry to hear this.
    Last edited by thefeckcampaign; 08-07-2017 at 07:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

One of my favorite players growing up. I was 7 in '93 so I don't remember it as vividly as I wish but I just remember how fun that team was.

Dutch was a family favorite as well so much that at 11:30 last night my mom called me in almost tears with the news. I may have told this story here or at least on the Phillies forum but in June of 1993 we got a new pet cat which my brother and I named. We named him Dutch after Dalton. That October the Phillies were in the WS. July 2007 my mom got a dog but the stipulation was that I got to name him. I named him Utley, and that year was the first time since 1993 the Phillies were in the playoffs. We've had pets in between those years but none whose names were after sports/phillies athletes so I'll have to get to naming another pet soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    One of my favorite players growing up. I was 7 in '93 so I don't remember it as vividly as I wish but I just remember how fun that team was.
    As a fan a bit older than you, I was 9 in 1980, I can relate to your feelings here. There's just something magical in your youth regarding your favorite team that doesn't apply as an adult.

The '93 Phillies were a breath of much needed fresh air for me & so many others after a decade of mediocre to downright terrible teams that sandwiched them for about two decades. Their attitude and colorful display of emotions blended perfectly with the city with what felt like every player having a career year at once.

Sad part is I'm continuing to see the similarities between late 70's-early '00's Phillies and the teams that followed. It is coming close to needing that '93 team desperately now. We need a Dutch at this point to grab the reigns and show these young guys how it's done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post

Dutch was a family favorite as well so much that at 11:30 last night my mom called me in almost tears with the news. I may have told this story here or at least on the Phillies forum but in June of 1993 we got a new pet cat which my brother and I named. We named him Dutch after Dalton. That October the Phillies were in the WS. July 2007 my mom got a dog but the stipulation was that I got to name him. I named him Utley, and that year was the first time since 1993 the Phillies were in the playoffs. We've had pets in between those years but none whose names were after sports/phillies athletes so I'll have to get to naming another pet soon.
    Altherr next? Nola is a good cat name.

As a Met fan I used to hate him. RIP way too young to die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Altherr next? Nola is a good cat name.
    Well, I don't want to get a pet anytime soon and my girlfriend is a Mets fan sooooo probably not going to happen. Nola is a good one though. My girlfriend does want to get a gerbil for her son...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Sucks bad. But his was not a lifestyle geared to many years on the planet. "I can assure you, there's probably no one in any sport that has taken more drugs that I have."

http://deadspin.com/5304826/darren-d...ne-a-lot-drugs