Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pharma Bro - Martin Shkreli - Found Guilty

Their is a God!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Split decision. He claims 4 months

Hopefully he's killed in jail. No embellishment there. It'd be in the best interest of the human race if this guy were dead.

This dude is as arrogant as they come. He's in for a rude awakening when his sentence begins. That's if he's even in gen pop.

Obviously this guy is like the worst kind of human beings.

But have they specified what security frauds he actually committed?

I just get the impression that they went after him because of the public sentiment, and not just some random probe where they randomly found him.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Hopefully he's killed in jail. No embellishment there. It'd be in the best interest of the human race if this guy were dead.
    It won't happen in a minimum security prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    It won't happen in a minimum security prison.
    Maybe the judge elects to send him elsewhere to prove a point. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post

I just get the impression that they went after him because of the public sentiment, and not just some random probe where they randomly found him.
    There were 9 counts from 3-4 of his different businesses and ventures. He was only convicted on 3 of the counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post

It's pretty clear he was doing illegal things and was lying to his investors.

If this was a result of public outrage, then I'd surmise that he'd be in legal trouble for gauging the general population...and not just his investors.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    It's pretty clear he was doing illegal things and was lying to his investors.

If this was a result of public outrage, then I'd surmise that he'd be in legal trouble for gauging the general population...and not just his investors.

Thank you, I wasn't fully following along any way.

That POS should upload the Wu Tang album he paid the exclusive rights for.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Maybe the judge elects to send him elsewhere to prove a point. Fingers crossed.
    I fully believe that white collar crimes or a certain stature, should be more harshly punished than things like armed robbery and more in line with murder.
    My logic is that many of these guys destroy the lives of thousands or people or in some cases more. If you knowingly act in a selfish, greedy and potentially harmful manner and destroy lives because of it, how is that different from premeditated murder or trafficking? Which crime is worse? Planning to and taking the life of another person or destroying the lives of thousands and making their lives extremely difficult and frightening?

I also think if people believe my sense of justice in this case to be too harsh that a guy like him should be stripped of all his money and assets. He should be forced to work a low paying monetary job for the rest of his life. He should not be permitted to invest and he should have a cap to what he can earn. He should be given only a small portion of his former wealth as an IRA so he can live a modest life after the age of 67.

I find it repulsive that people like him are somewhat rewarded for that "risk". He will get out of jail and resume his normal behavior

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    That POS should upload the Wu Tang album he paid the exclusive rights for.
    Civil asset forfeiture baby. We love stealing **** "legally" from poor people, why not steal something from someone rich for once? Give the people what they need, Jeff Sessions!
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I fully believe that white collar crimes or a certain stature, should be more harshly punished than things like armed robbery and more in line with murder.
    My logic is that many of these guys destroy the lives of thousands or people or in some cases more. If you knowingly act in a selfish, greedy and potentially harmful manner and destroy lives because of it, how is that different from premeditated murder or trafficking? Which crime is worse? Planning to and taking the life of another person or destroying the lives of thousands and making their lives extremely difficult and frightening?

I also think if people believe my sense of justice in this case to be too harsh that a guy like him should be stripped of all his money and assets. He should be forced to work a low paying monetary job for the rest of his life. He should not be permitted to invest and he should have a cap to what he can earn. He should be given only a small portion of his former wealth as an IRA so he can live a modest life after the age of 67.

I find it repulsive that people like him are somewhat rewarded for that "risk". He will get out of jail and resume his normal behavior
    Absolutely. But hey, that's capitalism for you! Collectively we're all OK with the evils it breeds, because it's capitalism, baby! And capitalism is good! Necessary evils!
    this my sig

Financial fraud is usually committed by people who are perfectly capable of making a very comfortable living without breaking laws. That's what happens when greed takes over a person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast