Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Cubs 2016.. without question.
    This.

But '98 was pretty incredible to be a 10 year old just growing into full fledged Chicago sports fanaticism.

Sosa & McGwire doing their thing all summer
    Cubs going to the playoffs for the first time in a decade on a wild card tiebreaker at Wrigley
    Bulls winning their final championship of the Jordan era on "the shot."

An unbelievable summer/fall to be a Chicago sports fan that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    2011 just like you.

That August through the end of October was pure magic for the Cardinals.

06 isn't even a close second, because nothing comes close to that sort of magic.

I actually rewatched the end of Game 6 recently.
    Yeah I had 2006 close cause the Bears made it to the super bowl as well as the cardinals WS.

but you're right, the run in 2011 for the cardinals makes that year better combined with the rest of the sports teams i like

I am a Wolves, Hawkeyes, Texans, and Yankees fan, in that order. So I guess I don't really have one.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I don't know if it was all exactly in that time period, but it was close.

2010-2011 for me.

My Ducks went to their first National Championship game
    My 49ers had their miraculous rebound season under Harbaugh to go 13-3 and make the NFC Title game
    My Blazers were in the playoffs (though Roy was on his way out).

But what really made it special was watching the Mavericks beat the Heat. To this day it's the only time my wife has gotten into basketball and we went to the bar to watch every game. Also seeing the Giants defeat the Patriots again.

I remember that as a great year or so in sports for me.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    1969 - The New York Jets led by Joe Namath upset the heavily favored Baltimore Colts 16-7 and the 'Amazin Mets beating the might Baltimore Orioles 4 games to one when everyone was expecting them to be swept..... Also, NY Knicks led by Walt Frazier and Willis Reed win Finals.

How sweet it was.
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 08-07-2017 at 01:24 AM.
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am a Wolves, Hawkeyes, Texans, and Yankees fan, in that order. So I guess I don't really have one.
    Dude!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Dude!?
    Haha. I was a little thrown off by that one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Dude!?
    I grew up a Yankees fan, thanks to my Dad. Always hated the Twins. After they acquired A-Rod, and the older Yankees were fading away, I stayed with them less and less. I probably watch a total of 2 baseball games a year now. That being said, I do follow the Yankees, just half *** completely. So them being good, just isn't that important to me. If the Wolves, or Iowa were great, well, that would be huge for me personally. Texans too to some degree, though now that I moved away from Houston 3 years ago and counting, I will assume I am a Vikings fan soon, as football isn't a long time allegiance sport to me.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

October 1986-February 1987.

Mets win a WS and Giants win the SB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010. Giants' first World Series championship. Then I'd have to say 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2017.

My sports interest goes as follows:

Baseball - 85%
    Basketball - 14.99%
    Hockey, Football, Soccer, Rocket League, misc nothing - .01%

Then when it comes to favorite teams:
    Baseball
    Cards - 100%
    I don't hate anyone else (including the Cubs), but I find myself rooting for specific players throughout the league often. And there are players I dislike (like Ryan Braun). But I don't really root against.

Basketball
    Nobody
    Same deal, I have players I like and dislike. But I don't root for any teams. But I root for and against players often (leaning me toward rooting for that players team in that game/series).

Baseball is my past time and my heart and soul. I don't care if the Cardinals are good or bad, I'm watching, and catching every game I can. I follow baseball closely and play OOTP and the Show when I can. But very few of my friends have the level of interest that I do, so I'm either alone in that interest (or I catch games with buddies when in town, play softball, and can play the Show with a buddy or two). I'm very into the history of the sport.

So 2011 was my favorite time. When the Cardinals came from nowhere, with no chance of being in the playoffs, all the way to winning the World Series. It was inane.

I have been at Busch for some incredible moments.

Ozzie's final game in 96
    Seeing the Red Sox win Game 4 at Busch in 04.
    Edmonds walk off in the playoffs in 04.
    Game 3 of the 06 WS
    And Games 1 and 2 of the 2013 NLCS against the Dodgers was completely epic, and one of the best weekends of my life.
    I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.
    Tons more playoff games though.

My two favorite games that I watched on TV:
    Game 5 of the 2011 Playoffs where Carpenter beat Halladay
    But specifically, Game 6 of the 2011 World Series is my favorite night as a Cardinals fan. And I was watching it with a Cubs and a Mets fan who were both rooting against the Cardinals.

So 2011 is the winner
    2006 was cool
    2013 was neat

I am a fairweather UK and Mizzou basketball fan, though I don't really care for college sports. Same with the St. Louis Blues.

Cool question to bring in the nostalgia. It's between 1989, 1995, and 2010.

1989: The Lakers were fresh off the '88 championship, although they lost in '89 I really began to understand basketball and how great Magic was. The New York Giants had a great year and barely fell to the Rams. SF Giants made it to the World Series with Will Clark and Kevin Mitchell having amazing seasons. Me, Jason, Trent, Francisco, Eric, and Kevin had the best KICKBALL TEAM in all four 3rd grade classes. Pretty sure we only lost once, but that's cuz Marco's team cheated.

1995: I had watched Marshall Faulk play a lot at SDSU so he was just coming up in the NFL and I gained an appreciation of college basketball with UCLA. I had also followed Penny Hardaway (thought he was the next Magic) so that was fun watching he and Shaq that season. Baseball was back after the strike, although the Giants weren't great, they still had Bonds. I was 14 and won the Little League Championship in our city with my best friend on the team.

2010: I had just gotten married and had my first child. Most-importantly the Giants won the World Series, although I would selfishly trade '10, '12, and '14 for '02 when my grandfather was alive I just remember between June and October being so damn emotional. The Lakers got pay-back against the Celtics. Towards the end of college my best friend had started working on the coaching staff for U of Oregon, so I remember being super excited for him when they went up against Auburn and then the next year in the Rose Bowl.

I think I have to go 2010 since first and foremost I am a baseball fan and have been a SF Giants fan since I followed my Grandfather in 1986, just because I assumed he must know best.

A lot of NFL fans might say "any year the Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl".

it was 2010-2012 when I was a good footballer. I have participated with lots of team and played with them. It was fantastic moment. I even can't forget it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12