Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

2020 Democratic Candidates

It's way too ****ing early for this but three things happened these past few days that have me thinking about things.

1. John Delaney, whoever that is, officially announced he's running. It's way earlier than the earliest usually are, and surely it's for press...but he stands no chance. Either way, it's a start.

2. There's been a lot of infighting over Kamala Harris lately. I'll save that debate for later, but she is a "rising star" and might be a preferred option for the Democratic Party to push forward. Really, it's the arguing over her that prompted me to post this...and I think there's a lot of healthy debate to be had over who we should or shouldn't be championing and the rhetoric we use to discuss these candidates.

3. Mark Zuckerburg continues to travel "real America" and has hired Clinton pollster Joel Benenson. He'll surely be an establishment darling because he's an out of touch elite. Can only assume he'll hire Robby Mook and Jim Messina next

Again, it's too early...and midterms matter a hell of a lot more right now and could help dictate how this shakes out, but it will be a crucial election and potentially very divisive within the party as well. I have a plethora of thoughts on things and certainly a few things that I'd demand from a candidate. Feel free to share any thoughts, hopes, or names that you have in mind here.

I'll just say, I'm not super on board with any of those three, especially #3. I have no idea who my preferred candidate is yet, I don't think he/she has necessarily emerged. But I really just hope the party gets things right this time.
    this my sig

If Zuckerberg runs as a Democrat, I see MySpace making a comeback. Buy low, sell high.

Whoever it is, I just hope the DNC lets the primary process play itself out without trying to tip the scales. IIRC, Clinton was just another governor from a dinky state until half way through the primary. Letting the primary vet your candidate gives you a better chance of getting a guy [or gal] that can stand the heat of the kitchen. Nothing worse than picking a guy and finding out you picked the wrong one. That the other candidate would have been a stronger candidate in the general.

Give me a Bernie/Kennedy duo, please and thank you.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

Mark Z. Would be very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know he has not said he will be running yet, but I do like Cory Booker quite a bit, something's do bother me like his pro big phrama.

The front runner right now is Elizabeth Warren, which is scary because she could lose. those "you didn't build that" comments are unpopular

Bernie! Bernie! Bernie!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Mark Z. Would be very interesting.
    Like...good or bad interesting?
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Like...good or bad interesting?
    I hate celebrities going into politics, but republican celebrities keep running and winning, would be interesting to see a dem celebrity.

I can't say is bad or good until I see what he is all about.

If you would of asked 10-15 years ago if Trump ran for president. I would of said that's interesting. At the time he had a very progressive point of view, that change about 6-8 years ago.

My Current Power Rankings

1) Kamala Harris
    2) Elizabeth Warren
    3) Bernie Sanders
    4) Corey Booker
    5) Chris Murphy
    6) Mark Zuckerberg
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

I would love Kamala Harris to run, but I think their is a high level of misogyny still in this country and many men would not vote for a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I hate celebrities going into politics, but republican celebrities keep running and winning, would be interesting to see a dem celebrity.

I can't say is bad or good until I see what he is all about.

If you would of asked 10-15 years ago if Trump ran for president. I would of said that's interesting. At the time he had a very progressive point of view, that change about 6-8 years ago.

Winning is most important but assuming he's not the only one who can beat Trump, I'd prefer just about anyone over him. He'll have to flesh out his policies and maybe they end up sounding great, but I'd be stunned if the billionaire founder of Facebook is the guy best suited to push forth a truly progressive platform. But I'm pretty far left these days so I'm gonna be hugely skeptical of candidates like him.

I honestly couldn't really make much of a list. I don't think Bernie runs. I'm still mostly OK with Warren. For me to get over their occasionally sketchy pasts, Harris and Booker need to (continue) to show me they're truly invested in progressive/leftist causes rather than it being lip service. I'm still very skeptical, including their soft stances on wall street.

How about Biden?, he may run just to try and beat Trump specially on those rust belt states that flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Winning is most important but assuming he's not the only one who can beat Trump, I'd prefer just about anyone over him. He'll have to flesh out his policies and maybe they end up sounding great, but I'd be stunned if the billionaire founder of Facebook is the guy best suited to push forth a truly progressive platform. But I'm pretty far left these days so I'm gonna be hugely skeptical of candidates like him.

I honestly couldn't really make much of a list. I don't think Bernie runs. I'm still mostly OK with Warren. For me to get over their occasionally sketchy pasts, Harris and Booker need to (continue) to show me they're truly invested in progressive/leftist causes rather than it being lip service. I'm still very skeptical, including their soft stances on wall street.
    See I don't think the party is ready to go all far left progressive yet and Wall Street will always hold a big hold on many of these guys. Booker has been sort of big pharma as well, so sadly their is no perfect candidate for me and their never is going to be.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast