Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Football is the most unpredictable sport in the world. But like I said you still have to go into the film room and defend your play. There's so many guys fighting for snaps which means they are fighting for money t hst I don't see a collective "tank " happening in the NFL. I am not familiar with a lot of teams but I can't imagine someone coming up to Sean Lee or Jason Witten and saying your going to get beat all day today we are tanking. If t hst happened in done with the NFL.
    I don't think anyone here is arguing that players themselves tank. Maybe a select few individuals and even then not so much tank for the teams benefit but they won't give their all out effort to save their bodies when they're 1-14 playing meaningless games.

I believe some GM's will make moves, in season, when it's already lost to better their draft position. I 100% know that happens.

What I don't think happens is an all out tank season just to land a #1 pick. I think there are bad teams every year. But I never remember any tanking talk when it was CLE or DET...That's why I find it so surprising that it's coming out this year.

To me, an example of tanking would be...A generational QB is coming out of the draft this year. So a team like the Giants trade Eli Manning for pennies on the dollar.

City of Champions

Dolphins finna go 16-0

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I think the Redskins are going to do better- it looks like the defense, which may have legit safeties and the two draftees from Alabama- will be better than last year, but most importantly, our offense may finally be able to operate in the red zone. Gone are the Smurf WR's, and in are Terrell Pryor (6-4, 228),Brian Quick (6-3, 218) and Josh Doctson (6-2, 206) as well as bulldozing RB Samaje Perine, so our red zone offense should be much improved from previous years.

I think the Cowboys are primed to have a down year. Dak or Zeke may have a bit of a slump and they will come in under 10 wins maybe miss the playoffs. Last year was kind of a situation where everything played out as well as it could have.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I think the Redskins are going to do better- it looks like the defense, which may have legit safeties and the two draftees from Alabama- will be better than last year, but most importantly, our offense may finally be able to operate in the red zone. Gone are the Smurf WR's, and in are Terrell Pryor (6-4, 228),Brian Quick (6-3, 218) and Josh Doctson (6-2, 206) as well as bulldozing RB Samaje Perine, so our red zone offense should be much improved from previous years.
    Who will be starting RB for the 'Skins? Kelley?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Perine4lyfe
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Having 4 All Pros on offense=fairy tale.
    Having a look in your eye=key to NFL success.

Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    I think the Cowboys are primed to have a down year. Dak or Zeke may have a bit of a slump and they will come in under 10 wins maybe miss the playoffs. Last year was kind of a situation where everything played out as well as it could have.
    The article predicts the Cowboys to win 10-11 games so I guess technically that would be a regression.

Initially I thought the team and especially Dak would be better even if they lost more games. Now though with all the injuries and pending suspensions it's very likely they will regress as a team quite a bit. I still think Dak will be better but the team as a whole could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    The 2001 Patriots came off a 5-11 season (same as Jets) and lost their Pro Bowl QB in week 2. By your logic they should have tanked. But they didn't. If they did tank...They don't win 5 super bowls over the next 16 years. This is exactly why tanking is flat out stupid in the NFL.
    This logic though. Yeah you shouldn't ever tank because your backup nobody qb could turn out to be tom brady on a fairly stacked team.

The pats didn't tank because even without a qb they still had a great team that could compete. You can't say the same for some mid level teams where winning 6 games is only going to lower your draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    You're clearly not understanding here. I'm not arguing that 15 picks higher isn't better on paper. I'm arguing it doesn't matter where you pick so long as you're good at drafting. You could have 8,000 draft picks (aka a TON of draft "capital") but if you suck at picking it does you absolutely no good.

So tanking for a "lower" pick is useless unless you're good at drafting. If you're good at drafting, you're probably not all that worried about where your pick comes in, therefor not interested in tanking for a higher pick. Get it?

In fact, those that are good at drafting prefer higher picks and higher volume (already went over these teams). These GM's that actually get it and know how to build a team understand that losing games is not good for business...No matter how low a pick that gets you. They will always try to win games. They will always develop players. They will always work on scheme and fit. Even if you have lesser talent, you can still win games in the NFL. You can still build upon what you have.

Tanking and being talentless are 2 different things.

Not having talent - I.E the Browns last year. The Jets this year.

Tanking would be actively making moves in the offseason and throughout the season to make sure you win less games. I do not think this happens in the NFL.
    No one, not a single team in the nfl is consistently good at drafting. Your logic is absurd, it's why teams want to move up because you have a better chance at striking gold.

If you honestly think getting to move up 15 spots every year wouldn't be a huge improvement you're a ****ing moron.

I could see the raiders winning less games, but they scored big time on defensive talent in the draft so that side of the ball should see a little improvement at least. Maybe the run game takes a step back if lynch and the new RT don't perform.

Some of the guys examples were a bit stupid though, like the chargers one about messing up a chance to kick a game tying FG with two minutes left. I mean, really? Style points don't matter in the NFL, good teams win close games.
    Last edited by HoodedSB; 08-11-2017 at 09:08 PM.

There's undoubtedly enough talent on the Eagles' roster that a good QB could take the team to the playoffs. Very strong OL and DL, and at least one good player at every other position (Jeffery, Ertz, Hicks, Darby, Jenkins) except RB, which is the least important position in modern football and we still have two players who are good in specific roles (Sproles/Blount). It's all in Wentz's hands now, who I'm not crowning yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Probably Fat Rob. One of Perines first touches he fumbled it. He recovered it, but still not something you wanna see, especially right after the Matt Jones experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Probably Fat Rob. One of Perines first touches he fumbled it. He recovered it, but still not something you wanna see, especially right after the Matt Jones experiment.
    Perine

Dallas will certainly decline now

Perine4lyfe
    Perine was one of my favorite bargain RBs in the draft, I was wondering where he went.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Perine was one of my favorite bargain RBs in the draft, I was wondering where he went.
    One of my buddies is a OU fan and a Skins fan (somehow) and I remember just getting a text of gibberish right after it happened and I wasn't watching and I was like....wtf...he just assumed I was watching it and I knew and i was so lost. Otherwise I wouldn't even know where he was lol
    Having 4 All Pros on offense=fairy tale.
    Having a look in your eye=key to NFL success.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast