Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    As for Gibby, he has been permabanned.
    So I take it by your warnings in the MLB forum that no one was actually infracted other than Gibby23 throughout all that BS the other night? Laughable if so.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    26,355
    What exactly are the rules nowadays? The written rules donít seem to matter bc the mods decided they were too heavy-handed with infractions in the past and recently theyíve been much less strict.

    So what constitutes an infraction nowadays?

    I used Trumps name in a Mets baseball thread to make a little joke ó not to start a political discussion. The thread was closed and a mod said he would report my post. For what reason? It was not disruptive at all.

    Listen, I donít care the thread was locked thatís fine. I do care that the mod said heíd report it - Ive never engaged anyone in any political arguments here. I donít debate politics. Hopefully when he reported it you told him to chill out.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 10-08-2017 at 10:18 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    35,408
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    So I take it by your warnings in the MLB forum that no one was actually infracted other than Gibby23 throughout all that BS the other night? Laughable if so.
    Gibby was the only one. He was the main culprit that caused the whole issue and was significantly more egregious than anyone else.

    Could there have been a possibility of others getting infractions, sure. But I, and others, didn't see it necessary at the time.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    35,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    What exactly are the rules nowadays? The written rules donít seem to matter bc the mods decided they were too heavy-handed with infractions in the past and recently theyíve been much less strict.

    So what constitutes an infraction nowadays?

    I used Trumps name in a Mets baseball thread to make a little joke ó not to start a political discussion. The thread was closed and a mod said he would report my post. For what reason? It was not disruptive at all.

    Listen, I donít care the thread was locked thatís fine. I do care that the mod said heíd report it - Ive never engaged anyone in any political arguments here. I donít debate politics. Hopefully when he reported it you told him to chill out.
    We still follow the same rules, but are more lenient and aren't so quick to hand out infractions. Typically it'll be a pm reminder and/or official warning before we infract.

    We don't want political talk outside of the politics forum because it's especially volatile right now. It can easily get out of hand and off topic.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Gibby was the only one. He was the main culprit that caused the whole issue and was significantly more egregious than anyone else.

    Could there have been a possibility of others getting infractions, sure. But I, and others, didn't see it necessary at the time.
    That is poor modding and unforgivable if you ask me. Just because one person did more than the other two, it certainly doesn't mean they should be ignored.

    Insults have never been allowed and there was already this giant warning in place about this kind of stuff happening with these exact people involved; super inconsistent modding as usual. I use any one of those insults they did and I'd be banned.

    PSD is a damn joke.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    35,408
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    That is poor modding and unforgivable if you ask me. Just because one person did more than the other two, it certainly doesn't mean they should be ignored.

    Insults have never been allowed and there was already this giant warning in place about this kind of stuff happening with these exact people involved; super inconsistent modding as usual. I use any one of those insults they did and I'd be banned.

    PSD is a damn joke.
    Insults are not allowed, but we also have been more lenient. Before we've infracted for posts calling people "idiots", "stupid", and similar names, but now we delete and only infract if there is a history.

    dodgerdave called you "twit" and "roach" (which as I'm sure you know, is a play off your name). That's pretty mild and is not infraction worthy, especially since he has no history of it.

    No you wouldn't have been banned or infracted if you used dodgerdave's language. It would've either been edited or deleted.

    Honestly, if more infractions were to be handed out there would've been some sent out on both sides of the arguments because neither side helped the situation and both made it worse.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,595
    Exactly what I expected to hear. It was just as much my and MTM's fault for daring to talk about the Dodgers with anything but glowing praise, right? Let's all cater to a bunch of ignorant babies; that'll really propel the conversation around here.

    Nice how you ignored everything KobeOwnSU said as well. Not to mention that dodgerdave did a lot more than what you focused in on for this reply and has been doing this kind of stuff in numerous flare ups without reproach for quite a while.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    35,408
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Exactly what I expected to hear. It was just as much my and MTM's fault for daring to talk about the Dodgers with anything but glowing praise, right? Let's all cater to a bunch of ignorant, ****ing babies; that'll really propel the conversation around here.

    Nice how you ignored everything KobeOwnSU said as well. Not to mention that dodgerdave did a lot more than what you focused in on for this reply and has been doing this kind of stuff in numerous flare ups without reproach for quite a while.
    After re-reading the posts maybe I exaggerated some on my previous response, but responding to them only stokes the fire. Can you at least see where I'm coming from with that? Rather than having the situation calm down, though I know that's not your job that's mine, it worsens it. That's to everyone involved not named Gibby because he was the main troublemaker in that thread.

    I've been trying to get across the message that if someone is being off-topic, baiting, trolling, etc., the best course of actions is ignore it and report it. Getting yourself (not you personally, just mean in general) involved by constantly responding only risks yourself getting in trouble.

    As for KobeOwnSU, I'm fine with his comment because it's directed at us. I don't want to see posts directed at each other (i.e. other fan bases, individual posters) instigating fights. That is what the announcement is about.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,595
    His "comment", singular? WTF? I don't even know what you're referring to with that. He was making all sorts of insulting and disruptive comments, including adding in with Gibby23's homophobic remarks.

    You're giving these guys ******** a pass for no good reason. Same thing for years with ciaban, who all these clowns are following by example.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,595
    I kept it baseball and didn't insult a anyone that was throwing out insults left and right. Yet you feel the need to infer that that childish, off topic uproar was basically just as much my (and MTM's) fault for "responding" and "stoking the fire"?

    That would be laughable if it wasn't so backwards and weak.

    It's not even about avoiding response to direct insults. You say anything seemingly negative about these people's favorite team and they flip the **** out and start getting personal. It's absolutely pathetic and yet you buy in to their woe is me BS time after time.

    Again, this isn't people being anti-Dodgers, it's people being anti-ignorant/disruptive. No one is out to get them; they are digging their own graves by their lack of communication skills.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    35,408
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    His "comment", singular? WTF? I don't even know what you're referring to with that. He was making all sorts of insulting and disruptive comments, including adding in with Gibby23's homophobic remarks.

    You're giving these guys ******** a pass for no good reason. Same thing for years with ciaban, who all these clowns are following by example.
    I thought you were talking about another comment. Forget it. I see what you're referring to now. I don't remember them. I'll look them over.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    35,408
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I kept it baseball and didn't insult anyone that was throwing out insults left and right. Yet you feel the need to infer that that childish, off topic uproar was basically just as much my (and MTM's) fault for "responding" and "stoking the fire"?

    That would be laughable if it wasn't so backwards and weak.

    It's not even about avoiding response to direct insults. You say anything seemingly negative about these people's favorite team and they flip the **** out and start getting personal. It's absolutely pathetic and yet you buy in to their woe is me BS time after time.

    Again, this isn't people being anti-Dodgers, it's people being anti-ignorant/disruptive. No one is out to get them; they are digging their own graves by their lack of communication skills.
    I'm just sick of people who can't get along. It shouldn't be this hard for adults to do so.

    No, what others said was not on par with what you two were saying. The best thing either of you two could've done was just ignore it and report it. Iím just saying.

    Same when you post facts. People have to learn to ignore it even if they donít like it. Thatís why we have the ignore feature.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,595
    Between the opening post of this thread, the stickied thread in both the SF & LA forum, and (the lack of) what you've done in response to this latest situation, you've plainly abandoned your own zero tolerance policy and made your own warnings basically empty and meaningless.

    If one does then that poster will receive an infraction and a forum ban. If this happens in the MLB forum, an infraction will follow with a forum ban from the MLB main. In six months time, the poster may petition to post in the forum where they were banned
    If there are Giants and Dodgers fans reading this, the zero tolerance policy is still in effect. We have tried to work this out to the best of out abilities, and tried to let it run it's course. Once we have processed through everything and feel we are back to normal, the stickied warnings will be removed, and the ZTP lifted.
    So if you're not going to enforce the general rules (no insults, no disruptive behavior, no homophobic remarks, etc.) or your own makeshift ZTP rules, how is anyone supposed to know what flies around here? And why should I hold back (as I have been for a long time) from talking **** back to keyboard warriors who see red as soon as you mention their favorite team in an unbecoming light, when they're allowed to let **** fly without reprimand?

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,595
    The two people whose behavior you completely ignored were right in the middle of this kind of stuff in the past and will continue to be right in the middle of this kind of stuff in the future when you continuously avoid punishment while at the same time feeding in to their phony victim complex by pretending like this childish, disruptive behavior was a two way street.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    35,408
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Between the opening post of this thread, the stickied thread in both the SF & LA forum, and (the lack of) what you've done in response to this latest situation, you've plainly abandoned your own zero tolerance policy and made your own warnings basically empty and meaningless.





    So if you're not going to enforce the general rules (no insults, no disruptive behavior, no homophobic remarks, etc.) or your own makeshift ZTP rules, how is anyone supposed to know what flies around here? And why should I hold back (as I have been for a long time) from talking **** back to keyboard warriors who see red as soon as you mention their favorite team in an unbecoming light, when they're allowed to let **** fly without reprimand?
    Simple. I meant to mention taking down this ZTP because I felt it was no longer needed, especially in the teams forums, but it slipped my mind because I got involved with other things on here that have popped up, including running the Giants forum since I'm the only currently doing so, among other things.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •