Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Why?

One might argue intent. Saying that "your own" team sucks might be considered an expression of frustration while saying that another team sucks might be an attempt to insult.

But I was infracted some time ago for posting the Mets' expected playoff odds (per Fangraphs) in thread titled something like "Met's Playoff Chances". There was absolutely no intent to bait. I simply stated a fact just as I would have in the Dodger forum, but, because PSD has me labelled as a Dodger fan and not a Mets fan, it was baiting.
    That was some thin-skinned baloney.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Why?

One might argue intent. Saying that "your own" team sucks might be considered an expression of frustration while saying that another team sucks might be an attempt to insult.
    You basically answered your own question there. There's quite a difference between commiserating with fellow fans about the current miseries of your favorite team and pointing out the faults of your rivals team (to said rival teams fans) with the not so well hidden intent to push buttons.

But I was infracted some time ago for posting the Mets' expected playoff odds (per Fangraphs) in thread titled something like "Met's Playoff Chances". There was absolutely no intent to bait. I simply stated a fact just as I would have in the Dodger forum, but, because PSD has me labelled as a Dodger fan and not a Mets fan, it was baiting.
    I don't know all the details but sounds like that was an undeserving infraction. I've gotten plenty of those as well. Banned for calling an ignorant racist an ignorant racist and now infracted/forum banned for pointing out the trollish behavior of a troll that was heavily punished for being a longtime troll within the very same timeframe (despite not even using the word "troll" or any variation of it as instructed by a mod).

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I see nothing has changed for the 1.5 years I've been gone lol

Wake up, mods. Dodger fans running amuck in the MLB forum. There should be numerous bans handed out over this if you guys are even going to pretend to be fair.

....and if you guys somehow flip it in to me being infracted/banned like usual, you can count me out from ever returning to this site.

Handled.

It's ridiculous that this pathetic little baby behavior by three posters in this thread is tolerated by the mods. This isn't a two way street type of situation here. It's a bunch of thin skinned simpletons that have nothing to lean on but cheap and vulgar insults, who then have the audacity to search for sympathy and play victims right after said behavior.

That's the last I'll say on the matter for now while I sit back and hope the mods do what needs to be done.

It's pathetic that you guys let this nonsense slide. Direct insult after direct insult, including homophobic slurs and completely unprovoked attacks on people's family and career. Stop catering to thin skinned weasels and look at the situation for what it is. I'm sick of having to tiptoe around every damn thing I say, while longtime **** stirrers get carte blanche on saying whatever the **** they feel like.

Learn to enforce your own rules or just make this place a free for all. Good ****ing riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Handled.
    Thanks for doing something finally. Far from enough though if we're being honest with each other. If you're simply still working on it, my apologies if I've been overly insistent. I'm just pretty damn sick of the inconsistent modding and pandering to whiners who offer nothing but poorly thought out analysis and insults and then try to play victim.

It's almost like the longtime unchecked behavior by their poorly checked mod who was relieved of his duties way too late had a trickle down effect on that entire forum (well at least the majority of them that pop up in the MLB main)....

As for Gibby, he has been permabanned.

Thanks for letting us know, Rush. Now that the VOTB isn't auto populated, it isn't so easy to tell generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    As for Gibby, he has been permabanned.
    In some Dodgers fans warped minds, the only reason that happened is because you are a Giants fan. Nothing to do with consistent, pyschotic, personal attacks.

From my perspective, the Dodger hate on here simply comes from a few arrogant posters that think their team is on par with the Patriots/Yankees/Cowboys, etc. as far as overall nationwide hate goes. That is not the case at all. Few outside of their rivalries give a rats *** about them.

Getting rid of Gibby is a good start. But there are still others out there. They defend each other senselessly just because they are fans of the same team. A lot of them need to grow the F up.

There was definitely two other posters actively insulting people without provocation while egging on Gibby23 and his half witted rants. Neither are new to this behavior; it's well beyond time something is done. One of them in particular has been getting much worse lately, while both took it to an unnecessary personal level last night for absolutely no reason other than that a few posters were not actively rooting for their favorite local sports team. Nothing these guys say stings me a bit but rules are rules and I know I get held to a way higher standard for no good reason.

Even counting the barrage of lame personal insults, the only thing I'm particularly offended about is that the mods continue to let this kinda **** slide despite setting a zero tolerance policy in place because of this very same fanbase just a few months ago. You can point at me and say I'm part of it but you know I'm not the one that is out of control with personal insults and immediately confrontational/hateful towards people solely because of the team they root for.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    In some Dodgers fans warped minds, the only reason that happened is because you are a Giants fan. Nothing to do with consistent, pyschotic, personal attacks.

From my perspective, the Dodger hate on here simply comes from a few arrogant posters that think their team is on par with the Patriots/Yankees/Cowboys, etc. as far as overall nationwide hate goes. That is not the case at all. Few outside of their rivalries give a rats *** about them.

Getting rid of Gibby is a good start. But there are still others out there. They defend each other senselessly just because they are fans of the same team. A lot of them need to grow the F up.
    Yup they are blaming rush and to hell with them.. they didnt see the deleted posts and the personal attacks.i told spliff this... i am annoying... i can be a D-Bag... etc etc etc... i dont report anymore when called out on my idiocy and annoying antics... The only time I have reported is yesterday and the only one I reported was Gibby because he attacked my personal life... I went to school for accounting... It didnt pay what i needed it to pay as fast as i needed it to pay in the short term so i became a laborer/construction and I make good money because I have an extremely sick father and a niece i need to help put through school... Gibby got have called me a *****/idiot/******** all day long and I would have never reported him because I firmly believe this site needs members even the annoying ones because it keeps things fun as long as the line isnt crossed.... Once he went personal looking down on me for what I do i drew the line and reported... Everyone has issues and the last thing I ever look for is sympathy in anything because people have it worse/deal with worse in much worse situations so I am not gonna complain or feel sorry but I wont sit there and let some internet ******* belittle what i do and why i do it without putting themselves in my shoes.

Rush being a Giants fan has 0 to do with anything on why he didnt infract spliff... spliff posted information... he didnt go into the dodgers thread and post it he posted it in the MLB area game thread and gibby did what gibby does.

So....why exactly aren't dodgerdave and KobeOwnSU not MLB Forum banned for six months? They're derailing threads in the MLB main and using personal insults towards me (and anyone that agrees with me due to association) solely because I'm a Giants fan.

....and please don't tell me they didn't even get infractions at all from their and Gibby23's explosive bout of verbal diarrhea last night. There was nothing I said at all that should have provoked the responses all three of them were slinging my way. Kobe was right there egging on and adding to Gibby23's lowlife rants, while dodgerdave has been using his laughably false accusation of me consistently following him around and badgering him with Kershaw memes, pics, and videos (which I'm pretty damn sure I've never done) as an excuse for consistently insulting me anytime I dare to quote him or comment on anything Dodger related.

Kinda reminds me of the Green Bay Packers forum a few years back when I use to post there daily. I barely post there now. I think most the posters at Packers board vanished now. Doesn't look as busy as back then when fans bickered back and forth.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast