Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Awesome

Rosario to be called up Tuesday

Debuting in Colorado...nice. I hope Smith isn't far behind.

Have fun n8ghee
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Finally, should add some juice to this horribly dull season

Seriously.

Bout time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betting on him getting hurt by September.

Better late than never, I guess. Of course they needed him in May but whatever.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Debuting in Colorado...nice. I hope Smith isn't far behind.

Have fun n8ghee
    Oh I will! Thanks.

Finally! This is going to be fun

His debut was meh but am glad to see him up.

Would have liked to see Smith here too. Don't specifically understand why they weren't brought up together other than the Mets want to save the excitement for their next road trip to stop waning fan interest.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-02-2017 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Would have liked to see Smith here too. Don't specifically understand why they weren't brought up together other than the Mets want to save the excitement for their next road trip to stop waning fan interest.
    Maybe they are trying to move someone before they call up Smith?

I thought Rosario looked like he had a bit of the jitters. No big deal. At least he didn't really looked overwhelmed. He took some good swings and made some routine plays. The two plays he screwed up on a bit were learning experiences. That first play in the whole where he double pumped... you can tell he's capable of making that play. He has the arm and the range to make that play, but I chalk that up to inexperience. You can't double pump on a ball hit t the 3B side with a hitter who runs pretty well. He'll learn that. The other play where he got an error for it, I'm not sure who's supposed to be covering 2B on the hit and run there, but Rosario go caught in no mans land. My guess is that was Walker's responsibility to cover the bag.

It's not like Rosario was going to come up and be a gold glover from day one. I think people just sort of have unrealistic expectations about his defense. He still has to learn and become comfortable at the big league level even as a defender. Overall he looked nervous, but not overwhelmed in his first big league game.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Roster management is one factor.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

My seats are club level first row directly behind home tonite(and tomorrow). I'm really excited to get a better idea of his range these next two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Roster management is one factor.
    The Met's roster has been a revolving door all season. Guys coming up, going down, being put on the DL, taken off the DL, etc. That wouldn't be a factor if they wanted to debut Smith.

The Met's roster has been a revolving door all season. Guys coming up, going down, being put on the DL, taken off the DL, etc. That wouldn't be a factor if they wanted to debut Smith.
    He's not on the 40, so he would have to be placed on it.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast