Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Eastern Conference Predictions

How do you think the East will shape out? Predict playoff seeding. Key storylines and more?

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Bucks:
    I think they make a move and get someone to run with Giannis near the trade deadline.

Boston:
    They trade for DeMarcus Cousins (of course they target AD first, but Pelicans wonít let him go).

Cavís:
    They trade Kyrie. Lbj gets slowed down by injuries. Cavís finish top 4 in East. Cavís make it to the Finalís again.

Knicks:
    They donít agree to trade Melo to Houston. They try to package off Melo & Frank for Kyrie Irving, up to Melo to waive NTC.

HEAT:
    They finish top four in the East. Pat tries to pull off a trade mid December. Wade signs back with Miami after Bulls buy him out.

76ers:
    They make the Playoffs!

Pistons:
    This doesnít make me happy but i think Stan gets fired if they donít make the Playoffs.

Nets:
    Finish just outside of 8th seed.

Magic:
    Jonathan Isaac is going to be a monster!

1. Boston
    2. Cavís (Lbj injury & trading away Kyrie, but they finished 2nd last season as well)
    3. HEAT
    4. Raps
    5. Bucks
    6. Wiz
    7. Hornets
    8. 76ers (If they stay healthy)

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

It's really hard to predict this conference right now, but if I had to, it would look something like this:

1. Boston
    2. Cleveland
    3. Washington
    4. Milwaukee
    5. Toronto
    6. Miami
    7. Charlotte
    8. Detroit
    9. Philadelphia
    10. Orlando
    11. Indiana
    12. New York (assuming Melo leaves)
    13. Atlanta
    14. Chicago
    15. Brooklyn

I believe if the Sixers stay healthy they can get to as high as the 5th or 6th seed.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Giannis has improved.

But other than that, it's still the same old movie, Cavs coast, everyones going crazy because the Raptors blew them out in a regular season game. In the playoffs, Kyle Lowry chokes, Cleveland sweeps, another finals for LeBron.

The Raptors are still the Raptors, Wizards didn't do anything in the offseason. It's basically Cleveland and a star-away Boston plus two up and coming teams in Bucks and Sixers.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    1 Boston
    2 Bucks (think they are getting good. )
    3 raptors ( playoff fizzle but regular season studs)
    4. Cavs ( without kyrie projection)
    5 Hornets (adding Howard helps them make a playoff push)
    6 Wizzards (4 seed last year. no reason they don't make it)
    7 Heat. ( almost made it last year. with teams tanking they make it easy)
    8 76ers (not buying hype yet. too young but will push for playoffs)
    9 Pistons (could make playoffs. but I don't see it)
    10 Orlando (i don't buy any hype. they can't seem to get better or tank right)
    11 Knicks (projecting without melo)
    12 Hawks ( I think they are coached well. but lack talent won't be that bad)
    13 Nets (while they suck. they are trying. and don't own their pick so won't be tanking)
    14 Bulls (they will be tanking)
    15 Pacers (also tanking)

obviously things would majorly change if kyrie or melo are delt in conference.

Boston, Washington, Toronto, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Charlotte and Heat all look like playoff teams in this conference to me. Spot for a young team (76ers?) to emerge. Lots of easy opponents for decent teams to rack up wins on.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    It's really hard to predict this conference right now, but if I had to, it would look something like this:

1. Boston
    2. Cleveland
    3. Washington
    4. Milwaukee
    5. Toronto
    6. Miami
    7. Charlotte
    8. Detroit
    9. Philadelphia
    10. Orlando
    11. Indiana
    12. New York (assuming Melo leaves)
    13. Atlanta
    14. Chicago
    15. Brooklyn
    don't think Brooklyn is that bad. o Brooklyn does not own their pick while they suck. will be trying teams like chicago Indiana New York and Atlanta imo.will try to get their pick better by the end the season for sure. and Brooklyn will. end up in like 3rd or 4th from last

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    don't think Brooklyn is that bad. o Brooklyn does not own their pick while they suck. will be trying teams like chicago Indiana New York and Atlanta imo.will try to get their pick better by the end the season for sure. and Brooklyn will. end up in like 3rd or 4th from last
    The last 4-5 teams are pretty much interchangeable for me. They're all pretty terrible. I gave Indiana the benefit of the doubt among them because Myles Turner shows promise, and I think Victor Oladipo will have something to prove. New York has Porzingis and a halfway competent team around him without Melo, so I like their chances to at least crack 30-35 wins. Atlanta, Chicago and Brooklyn all don't really have much to be excited about on paper, but I don't think any of them cracks 30 wins.

It's so hard to predict either conference with so many massive changes not to mention so many changes maybe still to come.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    1 Boston
    2 Bucks (think they are getting good. )
    3 raptors ( playoff fizzle but regular season studs)
    4. Cavs ( without kyrie projection)
    5 Hornets (adding Howard helps them make a playoff push)
    6 Wizzards (4 seed last year. no reason they don't make it)
    7 Heat. ( almost made it last year. with teams tanking they make it easy)
    8 76ers (not buying hype yet. too young but will push for playoffs)
    9 Pistons (could make playoffs. but I don't see it)
    10 Orlando (i don't buy any hype. they can't seem to get better or tank right)
    11 Knicks (projecting without melo)
    12 Hawks ( I think they are coached well. but lack talent won't be that bad)
    13 Nets (while they suck. they are trying. and don't own their pick so won't be tanking)
    14 Bulls (they will be tanking)
    15 Pacers (also tanking)

obviously things would majorly change if kyrie or melo are delt in conference.
    Even without Kyrie, I'd be surprised for the Cavs to fall further than second. Look at their record the last few seasons with Lebron and without him. That tells me that it doesn't matter that much in terms of regular season success whether Kyrie is there or not. If Lebron is there, they win 50 games and crack the top two, IMO. The only reason I put Boston higher is because I think the regular season matters more to them than it does the Cavs. But if Lebron wants 55-60 wins, he can get it with that Cleveland team sans Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Even without Kyrie, I'd be surprised for the Cavs to fall further than second. Look at their record the last few seasons with Lebron and without him. That tells me that it doesn't matter that much in terms of regular season success whether Kyrie is there or not. If Lebron is there, they win 50 games and crack the top two, IMO. The only reason I put Boston higher is because I think the regular season matters more to them than it does the Cavs. But if Lebron wants 55-60 wins, he can get it with that Cleveland team sans Kyrie.
    they only had 51 wins last year. with kyrie. tied for 2nd with the raptoes. and you don't think with all their issues they will cause problems. LeBron leaving looming over head. guys will their names in trade rumors all year. question marks at GM. I forsee LeBron and rose butting heads when LeBron decides to get in his face and cast blame. how is the team going to fare when love heard his name in trade rumors.

I also think that some of you really under value Kyrie (who played great despite playing second fiddle to LeBron ) who they won't be able to replace. or maybe you hold a 32 year old LeBron on two high a pedestal thinking he can carry this team like he did he old Cavs in his prime and a much worse eastern conference.

this team will be in for a dark season. a lot of turmoil. and if you want to ignore that. despite the fact that they had similar issues last year. your either blind of the truth. of ignoring the obvious issues to come.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 07-30-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Cleveland
    Toronto
    Boston
    Washington
    Milwaukee
    Miami
    Who gives a poop

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Cleveland
    Boston
    Toronto
    Washington
    Miami
    Milwaukee (I would have them higher, it's just always something with them)
    Charlotte
    who cares-swept by the Cavs

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

(every prediction made should be assuming health)

1. Celtics
    2. Wiz
    3. Cavs
    4. Raptors
    5. Bucks
    6. Heat
    7. Sixers
    8. Hornets

Pistons
    Pacers
    Hawks
    Nets
    Bulls
    Knicks
    Magic
    Last edited by TheDish87; 07-31-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    I believe if the Sixers stay healthy they can get to as high as the 5th or 6th seed.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Giannis has improved.

But other than that, it's still the same old movie, Cavs coast, everyones going crazy because the Raptors blew them out in a regular season game. In the playoffs, Kyle Lowry chokes, Cleveland sweeps, another finals for LeBron.

The Raptors are still the Raptors, Wizards didn't do anything in the offseason. It's basically Cleveland and a star-away Boston plus two up and coming teams in Bucks and Sixers.
    I tend to agree because Fultz is https://youtu.be/qQHXBspqNIw and if they can remain injury free especially Simmons, then their trust in the process should come to fruition.

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast