Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Raiders extend Donald Penn with 2 year 21M deal(post #926)

With this topic taking over most of the training camp news thread here's a thread specifically for it.
    Last edited by HunterNRoss; 09-15-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Never Forget

Trade him for a high draft pick, a Bill Belichick kinda move!!!

Pay the man. He's worth it. Take care of family.

Donald Penn Hold out thread

Family doesn't put family at risk and leverage them for more money at an opportune moment.

I'd bring in a tackle tomorrow and let Penn sit in the corner, lose checks and contemplate why it's such a ****ed up idea to be a selfish twat at a time when everyone should be bearing down and pulling on the same side of the rope. If you aren't there for a ring, go **** yourself.

And yeah Tippa, Belichick would definitely rid himself of the problem asap.

You want salary cap chaos? Go ahead and cave and show these guys you're an easy mark. Act like an ATM and soon you'll have everyone lined up. **** that.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

I'll post it again.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-ra...the-Super-Bowl

Skip to 3:43. HE says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    I'll post it again.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-ra...the-Super-Bowl

Skip to 3:43. HE says it all.
    That's a great find! Not playing for money playing for a Superbowl. Yep call Browns see if they will take Penn and Seth Roberts for Joe Thomas. Mickens can take Roberts spot we upgrade two positions, thrown in a conditional draft pick or one of our compensatory picks

Quote Originally Posted by tippa irie View Post
    Trade him for a high draft pick, a Bill Belichick kinda move!!!
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Family doesn't put family at risk and leverage them for more money at an opportune moment.

I'd bring in a tackle tomorrow and let Penn sit in the corner, lose checks and contemplate why it's such a ****ed up idea to be a selfish twat at a time when everyone should be bearing down and pulling on the same side of the rope. If you aren't there for a ring, go **** yourself.

You want salary cap chaos? Go ahead and cave and show these guys you're an easy mark. Act like an ATM and soon you'll have everyone lined up. **** that.

-Stork
    ^^^^^great post Stork^^^

Quote Originally Posted by tippa irie View Post
    That's a great find! Not playing for money playing for a Superbowl. Yep call Browns see if they will take Penn and Seth Roberts for Joe Thomas. Mickens can take Roberts spot we upgrade two positions, thrown in a conditional draft pick or one of our compensatory picks
    Bro I was thinking the same thing! Trade for joe Thomas!

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork
    Exactly!!

LOL , the word "twat" is a blast from the past... I called a guy a twat in the 8th grade and my teacher heard it... I got 3 wacks, a detention, and when I got home I had extra chores and grounded for week... Now that Im older i would like to say to "Billy" in the 8th grade....... You are still a TWAT!

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork:31780346

-Stork
    ^^This x100. If he felt he had earned a raise there was a right and wrong way to go about it. This is the wrong way. There are too many impressionable youth on this team to cave to demands.

Donald should turn up now if he has any respect for his team mates. His point has been made, he got attention, it's being looked at now get yourself into camp and win a title. Reggie addendum a big incentive plan in his existing contract. If he plays like last year he deserves top ten money. Caving in is not an option I agree with many of the sentiments expressed here but looking like you won't be reasonable will also harm player loyalty and motivation. Look at KC word is player unrest at GMs hard balling got him fired by owners. It's a fine line. RM should tell Penn get into camp and it will be addressed but let your agent go afterwards he can take the can for the holdout bad advice. Penn needs to be seen to earn any more money.

No matter how you look at it, he's in breech of contract. I would speak with him to find out what exactly is it that he wants. If it's simple, then fix it. If he wants the moon, I would explain the situation to him. One thing for sure, I wouldn't act like he is right now. If the situation is unreasonable, I would look to trade him. Worst case scenario.....let him sit out for the year. With no money coming in, him getting older, that will really hurt his case for a big contract wherever he goes. The bad part about any difference in opinions, like this, is no one wins, both parties lose.
    Last edited by dbacknick; 07-30-2017 at 11:09 AM.

The man is at the end of his career and thinking about HIS FAMILY and future, plays one of the most important positions in football, allowed only one sack, is on a team poised to win a championship, the team has more then enough to pay him...... You folks are going to call him selfish? Really? Do you folks have mouths to feed? Penn is doing what is best for him. I love my Raiders but this is a business like any other. Lets not get caught up in our romantic passion for football and the team and at the least have a unbiased perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork:31780346

-Stork
    Family does not short change one another. And a business tells you they love you by how much they pay. Paying Penn is not going to cause cap chaos....lol. This is not like a regular job where he will get a pension or even health insurance is provided. He has to get what he can now and make it last for the future. And the line is a cohesive unit and works as a machine.

Getting rid of Penn (especially for a broke down Clady of all players and the more I think of it a worse idea then I originally thought since you first mentioned it) could cost us a championship. The money spent on Penn as opposed to losing a SB is a huge difference. The cheap always pay in the end.

Not to mention Penn has played much better then what any fan or any GM could of imagined since when he was signed.

PAY THE MAN WHAT HE IS WORTH! If a company is not willing to do so and does not have it's employees long term interests at heart then **** them!
    Last edited by Raider_Mackin; 07-30-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast