Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 188
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    19,531

    2017 Training Camp/Off-season

    Glennon might be able to barely reach mediocrity, though I'd prefer he is worse so that Fox gets canned. That will get us closer to winning a super bowl.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,126
    God I hate the Biscuit nickname


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,619
    I think they will call plays to limit his gaffes. If he fails miserably he will be replaced by week 6.



    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Glennon might be able to barely reach mediocrity, though I'd prefer he is worse so that Fox gets canned. That will get us closer to winning a super bowl.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    37,714
    Glennon does have a 2:1 ratio of TDs to INT as a starter. The key to our offense will be our interior line staying healthy and dominating. If he's given time he'll be fine. Howard will carry us.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    59,944
    Glennon is basically Kyle Orton, but with better talent around him than Orton had (except for his neutered Rookie season) as a starter in Chicago.

    I'm not sure why anyone is bent out of shape over him starting. This team likely isn't very good anyway next year and it gives Pace another offseason to build the Offense around Trubisky. If you can turn Glennon into an asset then flip him for whatever, great. If not, oh well... it's not like his contract is crippling the Bears future cap flexibility.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 07-18-2017 at 02:35 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    39,510

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    39,510

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,994
    The Chicago Sun-Times' Mark Potash believes Zach Miller "probably needs to have a really good camp" to make the Bears' roster.
    This echoes what ace beat writer Brad Biggs mentioned last month. The Bears signed Dion Sims in March before then using a second-round pick on Adam Shaheen in April. Daniel Brown also remains a developmental player for a rebuilding Bears club that likely doesn't see it necessary to keep Miller around as he enters his age-33 season. Wholly unreliable due to a laundry list of injuries, Miller's release would save the Bears $2.125 million in the final year of his deal.
    WTF? You break camp without Miller, you have nothing but question marks at TE. Sims no prize, Shaheen is a project, and Brown is also a project. Give Glennon and/or Biskit a legit pass catching TE for cripes sake. Glennon will have a pro-bowl caliber season if guys stay healthy, book it!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    39,510

    2017 Free Agent/Trade/Cuts General Front Office Discussion Vol. III

    Yea I want Miller to stay cutting him does no good .


    If he's healthy he's a top 10 pass catching TE in the nfl I'll only cut him if he somehow gets another major injury . Other than the Bears aren't in a dire cap situation that calls for a cutting of Miller.


    https://twitter.com/PFF/status/866628716130185216
    Last edited by Stunner; 07-18-2017 at 10:03 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    59,944
    I'm good without Miller.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    37,714
    Something better might come along post camp cuts also. He's just unreliable.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    59,944
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Something better might come along post camp cuts also. He's just unreliable.
    It's also, very likely, a lost season anyway. Why waste snaps on Miller after signing Sims and drafting Shaheen?

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    39,510

    2017 Free Agent/Trade/Cuts General Front Office Discussion Vol. III

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It's also, very likely, a lost season anyway. Why waste snaps on Miller after signing Sims and drafting Shaheen?

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Because we don't have any reliable weapons anyway just because it might be a lost season doesn't mean they shouldn't keep the best players .

    Feel like we held this Miller debate already months ago lol

    Anyway should be a very competitive TC at multiple positions ahead but Miller still the best TE on this roster as of now .
    Last edited by Stunner; 07-18-2017 at 10:09 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    20,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Yea I want Miller to stay cutting him does no good .


    If he's healthy he's a top 10 pass catching TE in the nfl I'll only cut him if he somehow gets another major injury . Other than the Bears aren't in a dire cap situation that calls for a cutting of Miller.
    well. hypotheticall yes I agree. healthy Miller helps. and I like him. but. think of it this way. we likely only carry 3. Sims and Shaheen are locks no doubt. would you rather carry a 3rd TE who is 32 and injury prone. or a youngster. who may have a lesser impact now. but a higher future.

    fact is. Miller likely goes down week 4 and never sees the field again even if he is here. he has been good when there. but injuries have just shut him down

    I would hope a youngster shows something in camp to make Miller expendable. Miller won't be on the roster after this year anyway.

    if we kept Miller for this year and lost a guy who could latter become a solid bench TE I would be pissed.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 07-18-2017 at 10:17 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    39,510

    2017 Free Agent/Trade/Cuts General Front Office Discussion Vol. III

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    well. hypotheticall yes I agree. healthy Miller helps. and I like him. but. think of it this way. we likely only carry 3. Sims and Shaheen are locks no doubt. would you rather carry a 3rd TE who is 32 and injury prone. or a youngster. who may have a lesser impact now. but a higher future.

    fact is. Miller likely goes down week 4 and never sees the field again even if he is here. he has been good when there. but injuries have just shut him down

    I would hope a youngster shows something in camp to make Miller expendable. Miller won't be on the roster after this year anyway.

    if we kept Miller for this year and lost a guy who could latter become a solid bench TE I would be pissed.
    That's what Practice Squad is for if a youngster shown something but not enough to make the roster you put him on PS. With that sad Bears very well could have 4 TE's and play one in a flex as a FB. It's going to be an interesting TC.

    But realistically the only TE Miller has to worry about is Daniel Brown who just turned 25' ;
    Braunecker I can see being cut or PS.
    Last edited by Stunner; 07-18-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •