Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

2017 Training Camp

The Tank is on.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Woohoo.
    Thanks Clay!

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Read that Hackenberg was throwing darts today.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

@richcimini
    Best play at Jets camp: Former Cowboys CB Morris Claiborne was outstanding in his first practice. He was... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

Surprising to hear how well Hack is progressing from the Media, I am positive they would love to be roasting him. Sounds like he has had the best camp of the 3 so far.

If Adams and Maye are the really deal our Defense is going to be very interesting this year! We could really make some noise on that side of the ball. Lots of speed

Lol adams is a nuts with his "die on the field" comments. Football aint that serious bro

Good to hear Hack is making progression

McCown was a great choice for this team. I think he wants the starting job but has embraced the mentor role.

But holy crap, he looks like the prototypical 1950s QB. That hair and the way he speaks crack me up.

I think fans will be disappointed with this team. If last year, their secondary was a 3 on a scale of 1-10 and this year improves to even 5, that will mean more sacks and fewer big plays.
    I think the secondary will be more improved than that.
    I think the 3 big boys on the D line will be on a mission. I think that while Davis is not great in coverage, he is so much quicker than Harris and the LB crew will be improved.

I think the O line will be better than it was last year. I also think the running game will be very different.

Basically if we get decent QB play and the your WRs can step up, this team won't remotely be the worst in the league.

Obviously, **** could fall apart and they could implode but comments from players make it seem that the chemistry is very different from last year.

THE QUARTERBACKS
    You could make the argument Christian Hackenberg was the best quarterback in the first two camp practices, but that doesn't mean he looked good. He struggled mightily with his read progression and accuracy. Josh McCown and Bryce Petty were just worse.

On Monday, though, Hackenberg actually looked... solid. Not great, but certainly not bad. It was the most promising practice I've seen from the second-year quarterback in his short Jets career.

Hackenberg made several wow throws in the 1-on-1 receiver/defensive back drill, and continued his strong outing in team drills. Seriously. Some of his passes were just marvelous. It was another step forward for the Penn State product. And this was an actual step. Not "baby steps" as we've been talking about.

A few sleepers to watch? Rookie outside linebacker Dylan Donahue continues to earn first-team reps in passing situations. Inside linebacker Julian Stanford is having a really nice camp so far, too. Don't be surprised if receiver ArDarius Stewart, who's finally healthy, takes over as the slot wideout.

Morris Claiborne looks like the real deal
    Claiborne met the media for the first time Monday. He told an interesting story about how he ended up No. 21. Apparently, when he signed with the Jets, he requested No. 24 (Darrelle Revis). The training staff wouldn't give it to him, for reasonable reasons. Whenever Revis retires, that number will likely be retired with him.

With that said, on the practice field, Claiborne has shown signs of similar lock-down ability.

His press technique is truly incredible. On the opening day of camp, he twice prevented wideouts (Robby Anderson, Charone Peake) from even getting off the line, and came away with two interceptions. Monday, it was more of the same. The guy's flying around the ball, and playing with a ton of confidence.

If he can stay healthy, the Jets may have quite the player.
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...actice_da.html

Connor Hughes‏ @Connor_J_Hughes
    Everyone wants to know about Marcus Maye?

Beautiful coverage to intercept a Hackenberg pass in 1-on-1. Ran Marshall's route for him #Jets

I have a man crush on Jamal Adams...there I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I have a man crush on Jamal Adams...there I said it.
    I can't believe what stink was made about his comment. He was respectful in what he said and spoke only about himself.
    I was also impressed with how he re-addressed the media and comment without trying to take it back but instead sticking to it and doing so with the same tone, honesty and kindness.

He's a special kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think fans will be disappointed with this team. If last year, their secondary was a 3 on a scale of 1-10 and this year improves to even 5, that will mean more sacks and fewer big plays.
    I think the secondary will be more improved than that.
    I think the 3 big boys on the D line will be on a mission. I think that while Davis is not great in coverage, he is so much quicker than Harris and the LB crew will be improved.

I think the O line will be better than it was last year. I also think the running game will be very different.

Basically if we get decent QB play and the your WRs can step up, this team won't remotely be the worst in the league.

Obviously, **** could fall apart and they could implode but comments from players make it seem that the chemistry is very different from last year.
    As I have said many times Kinko, the Jets are "banking" on a number of things happen and if they do, the Jets will be nowhere near the top of the draft and a lot better off for the future. If things they are "banking" on don't work, they will be one of the worst teams in the league and a team with more holes than swiss cheese. The Jets are a HUGE unknown right now.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast