Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Price Scratched; DL Likely

Per a notification from MLB on my phone.

Apparently it's his elbow again...

Price to DL w/ elbow inflammation, Brian Johnson up to start in his place tonight.

It's only a matter of time until that elbow gives out, in my opinion... is this it?

Jk, Porcello is starting.

Hm, I thought that it might be anal cranial inversion but forearm tightness makes sense, too.

The Red Sox have officially placed David Price on the disabled list. The team announced Friday Price is heading to the 10-day DL with left elbow inflammation, retroactive to July 25. Left-handed reliever Robby Scott has been called up to the big league club.

Rick Porcello will take Price’s turn Friday at Fenway Park against the Royals, with Eduardo Rodriguez starting Saturday and Drew Pomernanz stepping onto the hill Sunday. Since the Red Sox were off Thursday, all three pitchers will throw on regular rest.

Porcello, 28, is 4-13 with a 4.52 ERA this season –– a far cry from his Cy Young campaign in 2016. Scott, meanwhile, has appeared in 38 games this season and posted a 3.75 ERA.
    weei.com

Really need Porcello to step up. Need more from ERod as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    Jk, Porcello is starting.
    Doug Fister is now the candidate. going forward
    Doug Fister will take David Price's (elbow) spot in the Red Sox' rotation.
    With Brian Johnson (shoulder) also banged up, it make sense to give Fister another shot. The veteran righty holds a 7.46 ERA over seven appearances -- four starts -- this season. As of right now, the Red Sox have no plans to seek rotation help outside the organization, so Fister should get a chance to see what he can do.
    Michael Silverman
    Last edited by Soxfan85; 07-28-2017 at 05:31 PM.

If it's just for 10 days, then he avoids last nights start, and next start is on the road.

Seems like Eckgate/fear of fans/media is a reasonable story until we see if its really his elbow/cuff/whatever
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Doug Fister is now the candidate. going forward

Michael Silverman
    Gross. I want Jalen Beeks to be given a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    Gross. I want Jalen Beeks to be given a shot.
    Beeks would require someone to be booted off the 40-man roster. I suppose that Owens could be cut without much concern for him being plucked. Regardless, I'd give Johnson and/or Vazquez their shot; they've been FAR more respectable than Fister.

On another note, I sure hope that this doesn't show us what the DD mancrush looks like...

Fister should have been DFA'd weeks ago.

All the Fister haters will be silent now...LOL! Oh..I am one and I also don't think 1 good start is enough to say he's the next Cy Young winner lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

Next step for David Price: Three innings in a simulated game on Wednesday, giving him just four days rest since his last simulated game on Saturday.

Farrell said he will sit with Price after Wednesday to discuss the role the Red Sox want him to play in the final few weeks.

It might seem like a stretch to think he could come back as a starter this late in the year without any minor league games to rehab in, but the three-inning sim game would suggest that the Red Sox are stretching him out. However, Farrell said, not to read into it.

“Because there isn’t a determination made, our next step is three simulated innings,” Farrell said. “After that, we’ll have a chance to sit down as a group, with Price included, and map out what’s the most logical and safest for him, in addition to getting a pitcher back hopefully that is a productive one.” . . .
    Boston Herald