Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 240
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,115
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    No way. No way do they move on from Paradis is he proves to be healthy again this year. Based on our line struggles, I'd wager that he's as likely to get a new contract as Von was last year. Elway wants to get the line set up long term. Paradis will get paid, but it will be by us.
    lol well we will see but i can tell you i was told from my main source in player personnel that's not a certainty at all given scheme change, paradis injuries, and prioritization of cap space. It really depends on how they feel about McGovern.

    Exact quote "McGovern is doing really well at center and guard. Really turning coaches heads not just with the physical aspect but the mental as well, which is specifically important for the center. Makes us more comfortable as Paradis approaches the market if he outprices himself."
    Last edited by Dr Cyanide 28; 08-03-2017 at 10:53 AM.

    Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb


    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,115
    of course they would like paradis back but they are gonna approach him like they did CHJ and Wolfe. If he wants to test the market for a huge deal, he pry isn't staying in Denver.

    Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb


    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,115
    i asked and was told i could share that lol gotta protect the main source.

    Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb


    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,859
    I'd be absolutely shocked if he's not locked up long term. I'm sure your source is good, but I don't see him not getting another contract here unless his hips are shot.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    not all of us! lol
    Yeah forreal. I defended his *** the most on the draft thread the most while lots of you tried tearing me to shreds. Glad to see Bolles performing well.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,859
    Schlereth (Maybe the biggest Siemian fan out there) said today that the feeling in the front office is that part of the reason that Siemian is struggling is because he's moping around the facility because he doesn't think it should have been an open competition. He thinks since he was the starter last year, that it should be his job.

    I don't know if that's true or not but if so, that's a giant red flag. You can't have the leader of your offense moping around with a poor me attitude. You can't have a guy not relish competition at that position... If it is true, it's a kiss of death towards his chances of starting imo.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,115
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Schlereth (Maybe the biggest Siemian fan out there) said today that the feeling in the front office is that part of the reason that Siemian is struggling is because he's moping around the facility because he doesn't think it should have been an open competition. He thinks since he was the starter last year, that it should be his job.

    I don't know if that's true or not but if so, that's a giant red flag. You can't have the leader of your offense moping around with a poor me attitude. You can't have a guy not relish competition at that position... If it is true, it's a kiss of death towards his chances of starting imo.
    well... deck is stacked against him... i would maybe be moping some too with the feeling that the top guy is pushing for someone other than you.

    Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb


    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    20,452
    I was pouty, crybaby after the Bolles pick. Sounds like I couldn't be more wrong. And it sounds like he's taking on some of the reigns as the vocal leader too. Obviously the guy is still Paradis, but really good to hear. Walker seems to be having a pretty strong camp as well. Carlos Henderson not so much, probably his head is spinning a bit. He actually went down with an injury not too long ago, hopefully nothing serious. Can't wait to see them all next week.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    I was pouty, crybaby after the Bolles pick. Sounds like I couldn't be more wrong. And it sounds like he's taking on some of the reigns as the vocal leader too. Obviously the guy is still Paradis, but really good to hear. Walker seems to be having a pretty strong camp as well. Carlos Henderson not so much, probably his head is spinning a bit. He actually went down with an injury not too long ago, hopefully nothing serious. Can't wait to see them all next week.
    yes. yes you were lol but bolles is doing very well. sounds like we picked the correct olineman. i was worried about his strength and consistency which I'm sure will show in games this year, but if he can match this hype at all we have a potential top 20 LT given his athleticism and demeanor

    Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb


    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    20,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    well... deck is stacked against him... i would maybe be moping some too with the feeling that the top guy is pushing for someone other than you.
    I probably would too if it were a 9-5, but he's got a rare opportunity none of us will ever have. One of Siemian's biggest knocks is he lacks the passion and/or leadership. One of his better traits was his composure. Hopefully it's a little bit overblown and maybe it's more of a fiery - "I want this job" type of thing, but the last he should do is be sulking and creating a negative vibe. The battle is still very much wide open, put on a happy face and take the job. Don't give the coaches an extra reasons to go with Lynch.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,343
    I swear Denver media is the worst with these QB controversies.

    Lynch- "this lackadaisical moron who can't run an offense and will channel his inner tebow on occasion."

    Siemian- "This boring arrogant poor man's version of Kyle Orton/Alex Smith who feels things should be handed to him because.......circumstances"

    I find it hard to believe that a guy that said HIMSELF that he had "no right to be drafted" would take on this "me, me, me" persona all of a sudden because he finds himself in the same QB battle he had last year.

    Stink is full of stink here. Wasn't Stink the one that also said that Lynch "was the first to hit the showers" before practice ended or something?

    ****in hell, just give me the damn preseason games already. That will tell me everything I need to know.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,343
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I'd be absolutely shocked if he's not locked up long term. I'm sure your source is good, but I don't see him not getting another contract here unless his hips are shot.
    Depends on how much Elway values centers.

    That's really what it comes down to.

    It's simple business that you have a guy that is younger and impressing take place of a guy that wants the cash money.

    It's a contingency plan to protect yourself.

    Paradis is Nalen 2.0. Love that little pissed off ginger..but it's going to get pretty dicey next year in free agency...got quite a few players to hit the market.


    would love to lock up a leary/Paradis/mcgovern trio for the future though...that can be an elite interior.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,343
    Obviously, I wasn't much of a fan with the Bolles pick. Not because of his potential upside but because I felt it was going to take him at least 2 years to be a ready in this league...just didn't think he would match up early on. Strength was a big issue...kudos to him for showing just how much technique can make a difference. If he can get by with technique alone early on....my goodness we may have ourselves a cornerstone LT because his athleticism is, indeed, top notch. Feet don't lie either.

    We'll see soon enough.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,343
    So, I just read that Carlos Henderson wasn't in shape all this time....well then..so we haven't seen anything yet then.

    Cy, what are your boys saying about DeMarcus? Still the same concerns or this a hyping up of sorts?

    It really seems we really want him to be at OLB until Ray/Barrett get back...which scares me a bit.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,115
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    So, I just read that Carlos Henderson wasn't in shape all this time....well then..so we haven't seen anything yet then.

    Cy, what are your boys saying about DeMarcus? Still the same concerns or this a hyping up of sorts?

    It really seems we really want him to be at OLB until Ray/Barrett get back...which scares me a bit.
    Still same concerns. Disappointed he is struggling with altitude. Don't think 7 tech is the long term answer at all but with Ray and Barrett injured, team is dangerously thin at edge rusher

    At OLB Walker is getting blown up by Bolles. Rookie on rookie crime right now. On a few run plays yesterday he put Walker on his back. One play lifted him off the ground then slammed him to the turf. That was one of Walker's biggest issues in college is that he struggles to anchor. He can shoot the gap and win with 1st step quickness and having strong hands to throw a defender early on in a play. If they get planted on him though he just doesn't have the ability to counter and hold up.
    Last edited by Dr Cyanide 28; 08-04-2017 at 09:42 AM.

    Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb


    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •