Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Where are you getting info for analysis? I check DB.com, mhr and Andrew Mason daily. I literally have seen zero comments on their day by day performance.

If it's local radio and news, I'm screwed. But I seriously can't find anyone reporting on the competition.
    Oh there's a lot of good people to follow on Twitter. I can kinda give you a list of people if you'd like.

Cecil Lammey
    Benjamin Albright
    Mile High Report
    Mike Kliss
    Troy Renk
    Nicki Jhabvala

I pretty much go to MHR. They group a good portion of folks in their recaps and their live feeds.

Scout.coms Chad Jenson and Colby Valdez can provide nice info on their twitter feeds. For instance, Valdez was about the only one that did a play by play during 7 on 7's, 11 on 11's, red zone drills...etc

https://twitter.com/colby_valdez

Apparently, McKenzie is the real deal with his speed. Didn't think he would be outshining Carlos Henderson this early...and didn't think Carlos would be struggling to the point where it's "Bennie Fowler's slot WR spot to lose."

I pretty much dubbed Carlos the most likely to have an instant impact aside from Bolles.

the offense has a lot of promise folks. Each day it's looking more an more likely we're going to have quite a few playmakers out there.

DeMarcus walker even getting high praise.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I pretty much go to MHR. They group a good portion of folks in their recaps and their live feeds.

Scout.coms Chad Jenson and Colby Valdez can provide nice info on their twitter feeds. For instance, Valdez was about the only one that did a play by play during 7 on 7's, 11 on 11's, red zone drills...etc

https://twitter.com/colby_valdez
    i brought colby on! he's good imo so is my buddy carl dumler. carl and i do more analysis work tho than insta-news

Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Apparently, McKenzie is the real deal with his speed. Didn't think he would be outshining Carlos Henderson this early...and didn't think Carlos would be struggling to the point where it's "Bennie Fowler's slot WR spot to lose."

I pretty much dubbed Carlos the most likely to have an instant impact aside from Bolles.

the offense has a lot of promise folks. Each day it's looking more an more likely we're going to have quite a few playmakers out there.

DeMarcus walker even getting high praise.
    Yup. Someone on Twitter yesterday was like "You know that you're making the team when they have you switch jersey numbers to one that's eligible on Sundays." McKenzie switched from number 5 to number 84.

Walker has been getting a ton of praise. People are saying he's been the most impressive rookie this far.

Carlos is struggling pretty badly right now but that's alright. A lot of time left for him to figure it out.

Bolles is basically a lock to be our starting LT at this point. I guess there have been a real competition at that spot because he's been so much better than everyone else.

And John Bowlen got a DUI yesterday. That plus the domestic violence issue he had a couple years ago effectively takes him out of the picture as a future owner of the team.

Paxton has looked very impressive today according to everyone watching practice.... Nice to see the young guy bounce back after a rough day yesterday. Siemian has been meh today.

And now Paxton was just picked off twice

You jinxed him. And I'd rather see Paxton take chances then check down Trevor. #teamPaxton all day everyday

If we get more points at the expense of more turnovers, and having our defense start at worse field positions, is it worth it? Paxton needs to cut down on those pick 6's. Remember, Sanchez lost his starting gig because of his turnovers.

Our defense is not going to be at full strength to start the season...and, honestly, I'm a bit concerned with Wolfe/Gotsis and their injury knicks. Teams are going to send 5 guys at Von so who's going to step up? I do like Edebali but that depth is decimated. I honestly don't think much of Dora.

I will give Paxton this though...he does have that tendency to respond back after ****ing up....but how many times is he going to **** up is the question..

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yup. Someone on Twitter yesterday was like "You know that you're making the team when they have you switch jersey numbers to one that's eligible on Sundays." McKenzie switched from number 5 to number 84.

Walker has been getting a ton of praise. People are saying he's been the most impressive rookie this far.

Carlos is struggling pretty badly right now but that's alright. A lot of time left for him to figure it out.

Bolles is basically a lock to be our starting LT at this point. I guess there have been a real competition at that spot because he's been so much better than everyone else.
    McKenzie was always going to make the team...I just didn't think he'd be this much of an impact early on. From the sounds of it...he really looks like a difference maker on punt returns.

I guess Carlos just needed the pads on...cause he's been getting better with them on. Have to remember he's not your typical WR.

Bolles has to be the most impressive rookie. Haven't heard a single pressing concern with him. I thought strength was going to be a serious issue with him early on...but the games have not been played yet..

De'Angelo Henderson has to be the most surprising. He's going to get a ton of snaps this preseason and if he shines...we may have to make some difficult decisions at RB...because we can't keep C.J/Booker/Charles/Jano and Henderson on gameday active.

Especially since only Jano provides versatility.

Pretty much all of our rookies are getting it done. We haven't even seen Butt/Kelly yet either.

Got to wonder how Cy is feeling about walker now.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Oh there's a lot of good people to follow on Twitter. I can kinda give you a list of people if you'd like.

Cecil Lammey
    Benjamin Albright
    Mile High Report
    Mike Kliss
    Troy Renk
    Nicki Jhabvala
    Thanks MJ. I totally spaced out Cecil.

MHR has been useless so far this TC, and I just can't stand Kliss. I'll check out the others tomorrow.

Mason has always been pretty good with info, but he just seems to be propaganda this year.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

If we get more points at the expense of more turnovers, and having our defense start at worse field positions, is it worth it? Paxton needs to cut down on those pick 6's. Remember, Sanchez lost his starting gig because of his turnovers.

Our defense is not going to be at full strength to start the season...and, honestly, I'm a bit concerned with Wolfe/Gotsis and their injury knicks. Teams are going to send 5 guys at Von so who's going to step up? I do like Edebali but that depth is decimated. I honestly don't think much of Dora.

I will give Paxton this though...he does have that tendency to respond back after ****ing up....but how many times is he going to **** up is the question..
    In all honesty, I'd take a check down, one side of the field and no balls QB over a turnover machine all day long. I hope lynch turns the corner, but it's way too early to tell wth these two have.

The thing that's troubling is that Siemian isn't separating himself from Lynch at all. Most people think that it's either tied or that Lynch is a little ahead. If he can't get more septation from Lynch, Lynch will be the starter.

I guess our running game has looked really good.... The offensive line is opening holes. It's weird to think that if Garcia doesn't start this year, then 4 of the 5 offense linemen will be new this year.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast