Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2017 Tennessee Titans Training Camp thread

Any news, notes, tweets, etc regarding training camp go here!

Dennis Kelly extension! Oh yeah! In all seriousness, I'm glad they're keeping him around. He's a nice third Tackle.

Heroes In Blue

Walden is a good addition. Wasn't it Walden that got into it with Walker a few years ago?

Heroes In Blue

Not training camp related but will throw this here in the thread.... Marcus Mariota is a 80 on Madden 18. He was a 79 on Madden 17.

Marcus Mariota

Yeah I saw that. The guys that are above him make it so much worse. As frustrating as it is, I think we're just going to have to accept that he's always going to be underrated. He isn't the boisterous "leader" that everyone loves (Winston) and doesn't play on a popular/big market team (Prescott, Carr, Wentz). Every time someone brings he and/or his successes up, there's a qualifier. It nearly never fails.

Heroes In Blue

What pissed me off is that he is barely higher than Teddy Bridgewater and Blake Bortles. What a joke.

Marcus Mariota

And guys like Dalton and Tannehill ahead.

Heroes In Blue

Kinda surprised Jurrell Casey got extended with 2 years still left, Its nice too see he may be a Titan forever though, Lewan and Mariota have to be next

Titans 2017 Draft Class

5. Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
    18. Adoree' Jackson, CB, USC
    72. Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky
    100. Jonnu Smith, TE, FIU
    155. Jayon Brown, LB, UCLA
    217. Corey Levin, OG, Chattanooga
    227. Josh Carraway, LB, TCU
    236. Brad Seaton, OT, Villanova
    241. Khalfani Muhammad, RB, California

I like it. Keep him through his prime at a lower cost than what he'd be able to ask for in two years with the cap going up every year. Also sets a good precedent for the younger guys going forward.

Heroes In Blue

Its a great deal. They got a great deal the last time as well. It shows that he loves being a Titan and honestly its sad that more players don't see it this way and will hold out and/or test free agency to get a 4-year $62 million deal as opposed to a 4-year $60 million deal from their current team.

A 4-year $60 million extension with $40 million guaranteed that keeps him a Titan for the next 6 years which is until he is 33 years old.

For comparison sake Fletcher Cox got a 6-year $103 million with $63 million guaranteed last offseason. Gerald McCoy got a 6-year $95 million deal in 2014. Malik Jackson got a 6-year $85 million deal last offseason.

So the Titans are paying Jurrell Casey less for his 2019-2022 seasons that teams have paid similar players the past couple offseasons.

Also another aspect of this is the upcoming contracts of big name defenders like Khalil Mack, Aaron Donald and Clowney etc. Guys that are gonna push these contracts up even more.

Brilliant signing by the Titans. A move that in conjunction with the release of Tretola shows the team the kind of guys they want on the roster and that it pays off.

Marcus Mariota

It's more than a great deal for both sides, I think. Casey is not only a beast on the field, but clearly a very loyal player who has always honored the Titan jersey. I love the idea of having him for four more years.

Corey Davis left with an apparent hamstring injury today. After reports were coming that he was pretty dominant in 1-on-1s all day.

Yeah, I've been waiting all day for reports of the MRI. That's such a ****** injury. At first I thought the ankle he had surgery on may have had a flare-up. At this point, I think I'd much prefer that be the case. Depending on the degree he could/should sit out the entire preseason. Gotta let that heal or it'll never go away. Fortunately we have decent depth there now. Just a massive bummer, because he's been putting it on guys. That rep against Ryan from day one was very impressive.

Heroes In Blue

I only caught the first half of the game. Offensively, it looked bad out there. May be a little too soon but honestly, barring any other injuries, I don't feel like Henry is going to take over Murray anytime soon. He's just not the same player Murray is, at least not for now. Not as a runner, not as a pass catcher. Also felt to me like he just kept missing picking up blitzes. That time Tanney got knocked out is just one example.

Other than that, Casey started great. Thought Brown played good out there, and Byard sure looked fast and very active, at least in the running game. Ryan had a rough game, but I expect he'll be okay going forward.