Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2017 Buffalo Bills Training Camp thread

Any news, notes, tweets, etc regarding training camp go here!

Sammy Watkins is getting tired of answering questions about his foot. Hopefully he'll answer the critics with some gaudy numbers this season. We need a full season out of Sammy. I've really enjoyed watching him play. I'm leaning more toward the belief that he isn't in Buffalo next season, but I hope that isn't true.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Sammy Watkins is getting tired of answering questions about his foot. Hopefully he'll answer the critics with some gaudy numbers this season. We need a full season out of Sammy. I've really enjoyed watching him play. I'm leaning more toward the belief that he isn't in Buffalo next season, but I hope that isn't true.
    I hope he stays to, but I don't think he wants to be here. Whether its the losing, the City itself, or being on his 3rd head coach as a Bill, I just don't see him embracing the City of Buffalo as other players have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I'm afraid that he'll price himself out. The Bills made a big mistake by not keeping him under control for at least two more seasons after this. Hopefully he has a great year and they're willing to pay. I would hate to see a player of his talent level leave.

Surprisingly, Sammy told reporters he wants to stay in Buffalo long-term. I really hope he isn't just blowing smoke. I want to see Sammy stay in Buffalo for long time. One of the few really dangerous WRs in the league that can take over a game like he did in Kansas City.

Happy 92nd Birthday to Marv Levy today! My all-time favorite head coach of the Bills.

Ryan Tannehill is out for the season after tearing his ACL in camp. Enter Colin Kaepernick.

Miami will probably go with Cutler. He knows offense and the coach.

As for Sammy, putting ourselves in his shoes, what would it have to take to make us resign with the Bills? We would have to win, we would probably have to get into the playoffs and would have to see plenty of passes come our way.

Sammy will get the money regardless of where he plays, so if he has to pick a team, it will not be a team that consistently loses, gets a new coach every other year and still hasn't committed to a franchise QB. Even if Sammy gets injured again, another team will definitely take a chance and pay him. Something big in Buffalo has to happen to make him want to stay here.

McDermott can do a lot to change that as well. If the Bills go 9-7 and McDermott has these guys totally buying in, I believe Sammy will stay.

I actually love everything about McDermott so far. He's bringing a different vibe and cromrodery we haven't seen here in a long time. Im pleasantly surprised. Hopefully this translates into wins.

I'm hearing Bouldin is close to signing with the bills.

Boldin is still a crafty player. He isn't going to put up 1,000 yards any longer, but he's still a redzone threat and a good possession receiver. I would like to see him in Buffalo.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 08-04-2017 at 11:14 PM.

I would love boldin. Him and Fitzgerald really know how to take care of their bodies. They were probably my favourite 1-2 of all time. Kurt Warner baby. I could see 700 yards from boldin easily. Tough yards.

I don't know why (and I've been saying this since the signing), but I get a Billichek feeling from McDermott. I think it's his non-football background. I think he analyzes the game in a different way, more willing to adapt and learn. Definitely seems like a sponge. I'd hold onto him even if the team struggles in his first couple years. Would love to see some Stealers style continuity in this franchise.

Every year I hope for the red end zones to make a return.

I think they said Sammy returned to practice, but word is, he twisted that ankle again.

Reports out of camp today, was that Ragland has looked very bad throughout the beginning of camp. first demoted to 2nd team, now demoted to 3rd team. They said he looks to slow.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Reports out of camp today, was that Ragland has looked very bad throughout the beginning of camp. first demoted to 2nd team, now demoted to 3rd team. They said he looks to slow.
    I mentioned on the NFL forum that Ragland is becoming an after-thought to the Bills. He's working back from a major injury and it's understandable that he would be slow to progress here, but I suspect the Bills will let him go before he provides any real return on his draft selection. That's a shame for Reggie, but he was a Whaley pick, so the leash on him isn't as long as it would've been had there not been coaching/front office turnover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast