Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    When Beckham becomes the highest paid player in the league, the rest of the division may as well just settle on going for a wild card.
    So your saying he's doing the opposite of all the great WRand is saving his best for post contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Why does his salary matter for that?

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    boy, you guys don't recognize sarcasm very well....there's articles out there today quoting hims as saying he wants to be the highest paid player in the league....which is a ridiculous concept for him and any other WR...my comment was WAAAAY tongue in cheek since I can't stand the guy
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I don't watch a ton of college but was he really the best player in the draft pre injury? I read that on multiple occasions. It's just hard to believe ...you don't hear that about linebackers very often. Some comparisons I read were Patrick Willis others say Kuechley. He just seems small to me ..i don't know it's hard to believe we will finally get to see him in pads.
    He's a top 5 pick easy. I think he would have gone 3 to San Diego. He definitely wouldn't have got past Dallas at 4 (instead of Zeke). Jerry has said that without the injury he would have been the #1 player on their board.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Yea there's nothing wrong with treating the talent on your team differently. That's really just being smart when it comes to building a team in the NFL.

The thing that looks bad here with Garrett is he tries to beat everyone over the head with the right kind of guy/treat each player the same kind of attitude mantra.

Tho the right kind of guy thing is also prob misconstrued a bit. It prob means less staying out of trouble and more about making sure you take the right steps in being prepared for games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what really pisses me off about Red. Don't try to convince everyone that you've drafted nothing but character guys since you've been here. Everyone knows that's BS and you just look like an idiot. I'd honestly rather he just come out and say, we draft guys that can play football. Some of them are knuckleheads but they'll help us win games. Just be honest, most would have at least a little bit of respect for that.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I think Switzer has around 2 kickoff returns in college. They are really putting a lot of stock in him.
    Switzer actually had 7 returns for TD's in college I believe. I know he was 1 off from the NCAA record.

When Beckham becomes the highest paid player in the league, the rest of the division may as well just settle on going for a wild card.
    Will Beckham be blocking for Eli?

boy, you guys don't recognize sarcasm very well....there's articles out there today quoting hims as saying he wants to be the highest paid player in the league....which is a ridiculous concept for him and any other WR...my comment was WAAAAY tongue in cheek since I can't stand the guy
    Oh lol my bad then. Quarterbacks are too important for any other player to be highest paid in the league IMO.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That's what really pisses me off about Red. Don't try to convince everyone that you've drafted nothing but character guys since you've been here. Everyone knows that's BS and you just look like an idiot. I'd honestly rather he just come out and say, we draft guys that can play football. Some of them are knuckleheads but they'll help us win games. Just be honest, most would have at least a little bit of respect for that.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    This.
    I've always looked at it as saying the right things. What kind of guys do we want? "We want the RKG, someone who works hard on the field and high character off".

Like the chat Kevin Kostner gives Tim Robbins in Bull Durham about talking to the media.

Switzer actually had 7 returns for TD's in college I believe. I know he was 1 off from the NCAA record.
    I thought they were punt returns?

Yeah well they lead the league with suspended players since 2014 so he should say something about it. Baltimore has the 2nd most.

Ryan Switzer down with a mild hamstring. I hope it doesn't linger. Karma can be a real MF. Lewis taking returns since he got hurt.

Taco is getting good reports so far. Chidobe is getting some really good stuff written and it doesn't matter where they put him including ILB on dime packages.

Are any of you guys attending the Jerry Jones Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony?

I think he really does try and draft character guys and pushes this hard on the organization but he doesn't have unilateral control. Its a group effort. Will McClay, Stephen and Jerry Jones and the scouts.
    Its the owner that can be a problem sometimes. The businessman in him likes to buy a stock when its at a all-time low. Greg Hardy, Rolando McClain, Randy Gregory etc...
    The cowboys core is fine. Its the reclamation projects and OTHER TEAMS MISFITS that they bring in that are the problem.
    Jones realizes that this team has a Super Bowl offence but a crappy defence that stops them from succeeding.
    So he reaches and becomes desperate and tries to find that diamond in the ruff.
    He likes to gamble. Look at all the injured guys we have drafted too.
    Sean lee
    Bruce carter
    J.Smith etc.....
    I think Garrett has a done a fine job, its just the additions that upper management bring in that has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I think he really does try and draft character guys and pushes this hard on the organization but he doesn't have unilateral control. Its a group effort. Will McClay, Stephen and Jerry Jones and the scouts.
    Its the owner that can be a problem sometimes. The businessman in him likes to buy a stock when its at a all-time low. Greg Hardy, Rolando McClain, Randy Gregory etc...
    The cowboys core is fine. Its the reclamation projects and OTHER TEAMS MISFITS that they bring in that are the problem.
    Jones realizes that this team has a Super Bowl offence but a crappy defence that stops them from succeeding.
    So he reaches and becomes desperate and tries to find that diamond in the ruff.
    He likes to gamble. Look at all the injured guys we have drafted too.
    Sean lee
    Bruce carter
    J.Smith etc.....
    I think Garrett has a done a fine job, its just the additions that upper management bring in that has to stop.
    Wait, so you'd consider Dez and Zeke high character guys?

Both were drafted with character concerns. It goes back to talent trumps the rest. You seem to be trying real hard to absolve Garrett of mis speaking. Dallas most certainly drafts questionable character guys. So do other teams though. Dallas gets more attention because those guys can never seem to stay out of the media.

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast