Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Yeah it was wrong , but the zit had to go. He's not that good
    #BringBackMatty

They definitely cut him because of the report. But the reality is he wasn't gonna make the roster anyways. So they definitely tried to use it as setting an example. Which at the moment is not a good look with the recent findings.
    Last edited by AmericasTeam; 07-26-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasTeam View Post
    They definitely cut him because of the report. But the reality is he wasn't gonna make the roster anyways. So they definitely tried to use it as setting an example. Which at the moment is not a good look with the recent findings.
    Sums it up.

Yea there's nothing wrong with treating the talent on your team differently. That's really just being smart when it comes to building a team in the NFL.

The thing that looks bad here with Garrett is he tries to beat everyone over the head with the right kind of guy/treat each player the same kind of attitude mantra.

Tho the right kind of guy thing is also prob misconstrued a bit. It prob means less staying out of trouble and more about making sure you take the right steps in being prepared for games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Jerry Jones just made a good point though. He addressed this and apparently got emotional. Telling the media that he has empathy for his players to a fault. And he reminded the media how often they write about that.

Just sounds more and more like there's some stuff we don't know about.
    AKA "We screwed up in trying to make him the scapegoat, but look how often we don't make this blunder."

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    AKA "We screwed up in trying to make him the scapegoat, but look how often we don't make this blunder."

Hater.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Hater.
    He's a Cowboys fan.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Hater.
    I mean we've all been there. Our favorite team does something stupid, and it's easier to say "They know something that everyone else doesn't" rather than accept the fact that your favorite team made a blunder and looks foolish.

I mean we've all been there. Our favorite team does something stupid, and it's easier to say "They know something that everyone else doesn't" rather than accept the fact that your favorite team made a blunder and looks foolish.

You just love dem boyz.

Maybe. If there were not any other issues that contributed to his release it's definately a scumbag move . 1 that is very very un Jones like however. He doesn't care what anyone thinks he never did. He does not need a scapegoat which is what makes this strange. Unless it was a Stephan Jones move then it's a little easier to believe but the old man is a players owner. He's very popular and respected amongst players all over the league it's just not his style.

Not much on Smith. He played 8 snaps in 11 on 11. They said he moved very well but did lack the burst he had at ND. I don't think he will practice today .

The reason why I asked how good people thought he was because I'm trying to figure out how good he could be if he never gets back to 100 percent. There have been linebackers who lacked his physical skills but we're very good football players anyway because of how smart they are. The question will always be can he become good enough to be a 2nd round pick. Maybe too many people expect to much and he could be a very good player even if it's not top 5 pick good.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    PFTonNBCSN: Lucky Whitehead sat across from Coach Garrett and said "Coach you gotta believe me, I did not do this." Coach said, "I do not believe you."
    That's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I love how they all said he had no chance but they didn't cut him until right after this. It's like they're saying it didn't matter. Yes it did. It's why he was cut when he was.
    There is no doubt that's why he was cut when he was. It seems like he would have been a cut at some point because they want Switzer on returns, but I did like Lucky a lot. It's ****** how they stand by Elliott and others (even Greg Hardy for a while) but just cut Whitehead without real cause.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Yea there's nothing wrong with treating the talent on your team differently. That's really just being smart when it comes to building a team in the NFL.

The thing that looks bad here with Garrett is he tries to beat everyone over the head with the right kind of guy/treat each player the same kind of attitude mantra.

Tho the right kind of guy thing is also prob misconstrued a bit. It prob means less staying out of trouble and more about making sure you take the right steps in being prepared for games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah JG definitely needs to just admit they were wrong on this instance. He can still say they were looking at releasing him because of his fit on the roster and because of previous incidents, but I think they need to come out and admit they were wrong on not believing him about the shop lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    That's nuts.

There is no doubt that's why he was cut when he was. It seems like he would have been a cut at some point because they want Switzer on returns, but I did like Lucky a lot. It's ****** how they stand by Elliott and others (even Greg Hardy for a while) but just cut Whitehead without real cause.
    I think Switzer has around 2 kickoff returns in college. They are really putting a lot of stock in him.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I think Switzer has around 2 kickoff returns in college. They are really putting a lot of stock in him.
    Only 2 kickoff returns but he was an elite punt returner, so the small amount of kickoff returns doesn't really matter at all. Besides, kickoff returns are pretty rare now anyway with lots of kickers just booting it out of the back anyway.

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast