Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Woj : Nets acquire Allen Crabbe

Nicholson for Allen Crabbe straight up.

Nets get their man from last year!! Their roster is literally stacked with talent on talent.

Lin/Whitehead
    Russell/LeVert
    Crabbe/Carroll
    RHJ/Booker
    Mosgov/Jarrett Allen

Whitehead or Dinwiddie....let's bite our tongues....and just be happy!!
    Sean Marks is the GOAT

I'm surprised Marks took on Crabbe just to get rid of Nicholson. I would have figured he would try to get a pick in addition to Crabbe with how big his contract is and how much money it saves Portland. But there's not a lot to hate about the deal. If everyone stays healthy, it should be a fun team to watch and they should be a competitive team this season. My guess is Crabbe starts at the three and Carroll at the four, but it will be interesting to see how Atkinson plays it.

There's nothing to be surprised about. Crabbe is a great shooter(look at the stats) he will fit perfectly in this system. I'm sure there will be lineups with what you suggested but RHJ seems to be the starting PF. Nicolson is an extremely small price to pay for the man that they coveted last offseason. Remember the Nets are the ones who gave Crabbe that contract. Crabbe is a perfect fit in the Atkinson system. The only competition on this roster is the backup PG position and starting center. Crabbe has stated that he is fustrated with being a bench player numerous times in his career so this organization sees him as a starter which will force Carroll to the bench. This roster(in my honest opinion) could get us into the playoffs and gives us a great young core of guys that we have never had before. As much as people do not want to hear this, This is DeAngelo Russell's team...we will go as far as he takes us.

Quote Originally Posted by NJDrew2 View Post
    I'm surprised Marks took on Crabbe just to get rid of Nicholson. I would have figured he would try to get a pick in addition to Crabbe with how big his contract is and how much money it saves Portland. But there's not a lot to hate about the deal. If everyone stays healthy, it should be a fun team to watch and they should be a competitive team this season. My guess is Crabbe starts at the three and Carroll at the four, but it will be interesting to see how Atkinson plays it.
    Marks should have squeezed two 2nd rd picks out of them. Nets save them over $40 mil this season with this trade.
    Last edited by TheMightyHumph; 07-26-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

An Ascending player..who was number 2 in 3 pt % in the league..only behind Kyle Korver and a great defender. I'm fine without the 2nd round picks who most likely will turn out to be nothing, so just take Crabbe and get a horrible contract(Nicholson) off the books while doing do. It's a win-win

Quote Originally Posted by RaJAxTWa View Post
    An Ascending player..who was number 2 in 3 pt % in the league..only behind Kyle Korver and a great defender. I'm fine without the 2nd round picks who most likely will turn out to be nothing, so just take Crabbe and get a horrible contract(Nicholson) off the books while doing do. It's a win-win
    Also acquiring two 2nd rd picks would have been more of a win.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

The blazers 2nd round picks
    ..wouldn't even be good lol it would be a waste of cap space. Most likely would be spent on Euros that would never come over and stayed "stashed"

The blazers 2nd round picks
    ..wouldn't even be good lol it would be a waste of cap space. Most likely would be spent on Euros that would never come over and stayed "stashed"
    My apologies, Swami
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

Look what we did with our late 2nd this year.

One could say look what he did a year ago turning the 55th pick and cash into Whitehead.

For every "Isiah Whitehead", I can name 15-20 duds lol

For every "Isiah Whitehead", I can name 15-20 duds lol
    Ya gotta be in it to win it.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

I love this move by the Nets. We finally have Crabbes!

,,,we will see.....

nets will start Lin....Russell....Crabbe ....Carroll and Mozgov......because Nets value shooting....

Off the Bench....they will Play Booker .....RHJ....Levert...Whitehead...and Kilpatrick..

Jarret Allen will have limited minutes and will have to earn jis minutes....
    Nets sign Yakuba “Billy” Ouattara of French League to two-way deal....This kid might be the best
    player on the NETS and should get playing time....

Nets get their man from last year!! Their roster is literally stacked with talent on talent.

Lin/Whitehead
    Russell/LeVert
    Crabbe/Carroll
    RHJ/Booker
    Mosgov/Jarrett Allen

Whitehead or Dinwiddie....let's bite our tongues....and just be happy!!
    Sean Marks is the GOAT

Sean Marks is the GOAT
    Yes this team should easily win 11 games next year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast