Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 119 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2508
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    All the time Bruh? I said ever...name me one good pick by him in the first

And don't say Wade since we didn't even want him
    I already did in a previous post. Here it is again:

Also, the Heat haven't exactly been in a position to draft lottery picks every year. There haven't been too many seasons since Riley came to the Heat where they were in the top half of the draft. If I'm looking at it correctly, the Heat have missed the playoffs 5 times since the mid 90s. So out of those 5 lottery picks, they've gotten Bam, Winslow, Beasley, Wade, and Caron Butler. It's too soon to judge the Bam pick, Winslow seems to be coming around, Beasley was decent but didn't work out with the Heat, and Caron Butler was solid and helped get us Shaq. I would say that's a decent draft history when it comes to lottery picks. It's not like we're blowing #1 picks either, only Wade and Beas were in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Okay. Let's say I want to try and believe you.

What skills does Whiteside have that are not being fully utilized? He's one of the worst in the entire NBA in assist% so you can't run the offense through him to setup teammates.

If you say to heck with passing, just get the best shot possible or get to the FT line. He's one of the worst in the NBA at isolation non-assisted post up baskets. He's also extremely mediocre at the FT line although he's improved.
    In the flow of the offense, he can hit a midrange jumper. Also at the beginning of the season, I seen him take a couple of 3 point shots and he made them; but after that, I really didn't see him attempt a 3 point shot after that. Not saying that he didn't but we all saw the video of Whiteside working on his 3 point shot.

You have to imagine the hit to your ego, if you train so hard for something and someone thats over you doesn't allow you to showcase your effort. He could have gotten better throughout the season on both his midrange and 3 point shooting.

But on his new team, he will show us all. Either he will impress us or he will prove Spo right with ****** play.

So although I want to believe you I still am forced to call you a liar.
    oh boy

Whiteside is the traditional rebound/shot-block center with no post moves or offense like DeAndre Jordan or Tyson Chandler etc.
    His offensive skill set is better then those guys, and you know that. It's just that Whiteside most likely think he can do more then he actually can. But thats most athlete

Except he believes he is more than that and refuses to improve off the ball in setting harder screens, diving stronger to the basket, and running the floor hard. He is also at least 1/4 of the vocal leader defensively that Jordan and Chandler have been.
    True... But it's like all of us including you have stated. He is a BIG *** BABY!!!

And thats my biggest problem with him. But he shouldn't even be put in this situation, Spo is acting crazy for what over reason.

The season when Whiteside was after his big pay day. Near the end of the season, Spo was playing small ball with Whiteside being the only big, in tho situation, Whiteside had his best numbers.

Spo knows he can easily go back to that free flowing offense and let Whiteside contribute more. But Spo wanted to play more players and unitize KO, JJ, & Bam more. But having a traditional power forward out there hurts Whiteside.

It's time to stop blaming teammates or Spo, or the opponent's fast perimeter bigs, and just accept that Whiteside has the responsibility to have a BIG impact on his own and impose his will.
    100% agree

For example. In Game 7 of that Pacers series, Thompson decided to show up. Period. Regardless of Indiana having Turner who stretches the floor and having Thad who plays fast and runs the floor.... Thompson imposed his will. Point period. Lue was looking at Thompson like "how can I not want to put him back in the game for more minutes?"

That's what Whitside has to do.
    You are correct... But thats not his mental makeup.

Either get rid of him or put him in a position to succeed. Spo keeps on trying to play mind games with him, and the only thing that is coming from that, is Miami is losing games and playoff series.

It's on Spo, he is the coach. Just stop playing the guy then until Pat trades him. Or give him what he wants for like 2 weeks so his trade stock builds up, then Pat can trade him.

All season long Houston has been running and gunning. Clint Capela simply learned and adapted to what the Rockets needed. A couple years ago I would have classified him as a stiff, slow-footed Hassan Whiteside type, but either you get it or you don't in this league. He's a guy who gets it.Whiteside doesn't.
    We don't have players like Harden & Cp3, but Spo can play his on version of that, by having Whiteside as the only big out there.

He got his money and feels entitled. I don't think there's any fixing him at this point. Spo and Riley sound way too optimistic in those exit interviews about Whiteside's work ethic and figuring things out. He has no motivation to. He's already a 100 millionaire. Forget "doing it with blocks" and fighting with a chip on his shoulder.
    He will be traded before free agency starts, so don't worry about it. You all will be happy sooner then later.
    Last edited by Dade County; 05-01-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin

Pointless to be focusing on the past now. Might as well speculate what the future roster could look like.

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators
    Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post

Pointless to be focusing on the past now. Might as well speculate what the future roster could look like.
    Well no picks this year

Riley wants to keep the roster the same next year

Let's hope he was lying

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Reported by ESPN Ryen Russillo says that PG is gone.

If true, I believe that Lbj & PG will be on the same team out East this off season. A creation of a new Super Team coming up. Also it would be better for the build up to the Final's/Playoffs.

So I see a sign & trade being done by OKC and maybe even the Cav's too.

Eastern teams I can see getting this done (seeing Lbj signing with & brining PG with him)...

6ers
    HEAT

If Gainnis played in a better market, then I could see all 3 of them being on the same team.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Well no picks this year

Riley wants to keep the roster the same next year

Let's hope he was lying
    Everything I'm reading and hearing points to Whiteside being on his way out.

This will interest all of you here, on today's PTI both hosts believe Riley's comments indicate Whiteside is gone.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=23377788

Fast forward to 14:21.

Trade idea:

Heat: Kawhi & Paul Gasol

Spurs: Dragic, Bradley Beal, & Gortat

Wizards: Olynyk, Waiters, & Patty Mills

The math works and this has the chance of making all 3 teams better. Draft picks may be added if needed.

I don't see the Wiz trading Beal. It seems like Wall is causing the most issues with teammates. If someone is getting traded by the Wiz I think it's Wall.

Heat: Carmelo Anthony, Marcin Gortat, & Kelly Oubre

OKC: Hassan Whiteside & Tyler Johnson

Wizards: Steven Adams & Dion Waiters

Who says no?

Heat: Jeremy Lin (expiring), Demarre Carroll (expiring), & Timofey Mozgov

Nets: Hassan Whiteside & Tyler Johnson

Does anyone know the details on JJ's contract?

Some places say team option on 4th year, some say player option. Some sources have no options at all.

Team option:
    https://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami_heat/

Player option:
    http://www.spotrac.com/nba/miami-hea...-johnson-6279/

No option:
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/MIA.html

Who can clear this up? Who is the most trusted source?

As far as trades go, I've given up on the scenarios where we somehow improve. I can't see it.

Don't see a realistic opportunity where a team takes a terrible contract like Whiteside or TJ or JJ and gives the team back a better player.

I think Miami should instead invest their time in scouting for cheap options. For example Tyreke Evans was available last summer for basically the minimum. Maybe they should put more energy into finding those deals.

I've already talked about interest in a young player like Mario Hezonja who could be a good low risk high reward player.

Does anyone know the details on JJ's contract?

Some places say team option on 4th year, some say player option. Some sources have no options at all.

Team option:
    https://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami_heat/

Player option:
    http://www.spotrac.com/nba/miami-hea...-johnson-6279/

No option:
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/MIA.html

Who can clear this up? Who is the most trusted source?
    Looks like it's a player option.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...209670339.html

http://heatzone.blog.mypalmbeachpost...to-miami-heat/

http://heathoops.com/2017/07/the-mia...or-the-future/

Quote Originally Posted by Expert327 View Post
    Trade idea:

The math works and this has the chance of making all 3 teams better. Draft picks may be added if needed.
    I can see Miami getting 2 of these players from this list

I fill that Miami will pull off a trade, but Lbj & PG will decide the next Super Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Expert327 View Post
    Trade idea:

The Wizards say no