Smh time to ****ing move on...everything said is ridiculous

If we don't get Bron or PG we are totally ****ed

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    Was he ever not washed ?

Drafted Beasley at #2 in front of guys like Westbrook and love

Drafted Winslow in the lottery

His only great lottery selection was Wade and he didn't even want Wade lmao he wanted Chris Kaman...but since it was him vs every scout on our team he gave in

Big 3 was put together by the players

At this point we may as well give Spo the GM/Coach power and rebuild
    It's easy to question his draft picks and say he should have drafted someone else now that we're looking back on it years later. I don't think too many people questioned the Beasley pick at the time. He and Rose were going to be the top 2 picks it was just a matter of who would go first. Also, when Winslow fell to us everyone was thinking that was a good pick too. There are plenty of other teams that have made draft mistakes or that you could look back and say they should have picked someone else knowing how it's turned out now so the Heat aren't alone in that.

There's rumors of the possibility for Heat taking on the last year of Melo for unloading bad contracts

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators
    Quote Originally Posted by RCarlson85 View Post
    Was he ever not washed ?

Drafted Beasley at #2 in front of guys like Westbrook and love

Drafted Winslow in the lottery

His only great lottery selection was Wade and he didn't even want Wade lmao he wanted Chris Kaman...but since it was him vs every scout on our team he gave in

Big 3 was put together by the players

At this point we may as well give Spo the GM/Coach power and rebuild
    It's easy to question his draft picks and say he should have drafted someone else now that we're looking back on it years later. I don't think too many people questioned the Beasley pick at the time. He and Rose were going to be the top 2 picks it was just a matter of who would go first. Also, when Winslow fell to us everyone was thinking that was a good pick too. There are plenty of other teams that have made draft mistakes or that you could look back and say they should have picked someone else knowing how it's turned out now so the Heat aren't alone in that.

Doesn't matter what the rankings were or what fans or Analyst think

Name a good first round value he's drafted besides Wade...cause he didn't even wanted Wade

The point is he's nothing special and he doesn't wanna rebuild because he's old

It's time to move on to a rebuilding stage

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    Actually, our scouting and development has gotten a LOT better. Whiteside was a great find until they foolishly decided to pay him a max contract. That's not bad scouting, that's bad judgement. So I think we actually would be able to draft well given the opportunity (see Bam) and now Winslow (since redeeming himself).

Pretty sure before the draft I was talking constantly about Devin Booker since I felt his floor was a Wayne Ellington type

Yeah, I meant Bam as a draft example and Winslow from development standpoint. So really, just in the last 3 years I think the HEAT has been better at that.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    Spo?

Here, jump to 4:20 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IILW7PUvGho

Tell me where Spo was a factor in all that Whiteside footage.
    Whiteside acting like a child because he doesn't understand why he isn't use more in the offense. But like I have stated, he needs to be more mentally tougher; but it's time for him to go.

But Spo needs to be called out too. Most coaches would have utilize Whiteside more and it would have never came to this.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Exactly. Whiteside dug his own grave. He lacks common sense and work ethic. He literally hasn't improved at all since Miami signed him 4 years ago. He's added absolutely nothing to his game.
    He has gotten better, it's just that Spo isn't letting him showcase what he can fully do. But I am agree with you, he has dug his on grave and isn't very smart.

He will be gone soon and the most of you will be happy. But he will play at a All Star level to whatever teams trade for him; because that coach will actually let him showcase his full talent.

The man worked on his 3 point shoot the entire off season, and the coaching staff didn't let him put up 3 point shots throughout the season; but Winslow can still be allowed to step foot on the court.

Nightmare situation.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

So far Pat said

He's keeping the team together

He's gonna fix the Whiteside/Spo relationship

Asked about not having a pick "I'm not a draft pick kinda guy"

Smh time to ****ing move on...everything said is ridiculous

If we don't get Bron or PG we are totally ****ed
    You have to know at this point that Pat would trade 5 of are players just for one All Star. This will not be the team next season, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Whiteside acting like a child because he doesn't understand why he isn't use more in the offense. But like I have stated, he needs to be more mentally tougher; but it's time for him to go.

But Spo needs to be called out too. Most coaches would have utilize Whiteside more and it would have never came to this.

He has gotten better, it's just that Spo isn't letting him showcase what he can fully do. But I am agree with you, he has dug his on grave and isn't very smart.

He will be gone soon and the most of you will be happy. But he will play at a All Star level to whatever teams trade for him; because that coach will actually let him showcase his full talent.

The man worked on his 3 point shoot the entire off season, and the coaching staff didn't let him put up 3 point shots throughout the season; but Winslow can still be allowed to step foot on the court.

Nightmare situation.
    Okay. Let's say I want to try and believe you.

What skills does Whiteside have that are not being fully utilized? He's one of the worst in the entire NBA in assist% so you can't run the offense through him to setup teammates.

If you say to heck with passing, just get the best shot possible or get to the FT line. He's one of the worst in the NBA at isolation non-assisted post up baskets. He's also extremely mediocre at the FT line although he's improved.

So although I want to believe you I still am forced to call you a liar. Whiteside is the traditional rebound/shot-block center with no post moves or offense like DeAndre Jordan or Tyson Chandler etc. Except he believes he is more than that and refuses to improve off the ball in setting harder screens, diving stronger to the basket, and running the floor hard. He is also at least 1/4 of the vocal leader defensively that Jordan and Chandler have been.

It's time to stop blaming teammates or Spo, or the opponent's fast perimeter bigs, and just accept that Whiteside has the responsibility to have a BIG impact on his own and impose his will.

For example. In Game 7 of that Pacers series, Thompson decided to show up. Period. Regardless of Indiana having Turner who stretches the floor and having Thad who plays fast and runs the floor.... Thompson imposed his will. Point period. Lue was looking at Thompson like "how can I not want to put him back in the game for more minutes?"

That's what Whitside has to do.

All season long Houston has been running and gunning. Clint Capela simply learned and adapted to what the Rockets needed. A couple years ago I would have classified him as a stiff, slow-footed Hassan Whiteside type, but either you get it or you don't in this league. He's a guy who gets it.

Whiteside doesn't. He got his money and feels entitled. I don't think there's any fixing him at this point. Spo and Riley sound way too optimistic in those exit interviews about Whiteside's work ethic and figuring things out. He has no motivation to. He's already a 100 millionaire. Forget "doing it with blocks" and fighting with a chip on his shoulder.

Name a good first round value he's drafted besides Wade...cause he didn't even wanted Wade

The point is that those picks were the right picks at the time. Now looking back it's easy to judge them and say he should have done something differently. Every team could do that. Lottery picks don't work out all the time so the Heat aren't the only team that's missed on a couple.
    Last edited by RCarlson85; 05-01-2018 at 10:41 AM.

The point is that those picks were the right picks at the time. Now looking back it's easy to judge them and say he should have done something differently. Every team could do that. Lottery picks don't work out all the time so the Heat aren't the only team that's missed on a couple.
    Yep. I remember everyone wanted Rose in '08 and if we would have drafted him no one would have disapproved. Thankfully we dodged that bullet, because ultimately Rose was made of glass, we would have never gone for the Big 3 and would have never gotten back to the Finals.

Also, the Heat haven't exactly been in a position to draft lottery picks every year. There haven't been too many seasons since Riley came to the Heat where they were in the top half of the draft. If I'm looking at it correctly, the Heat have missed the playoffs 5 times since the mid 90s. So out of those 5 lottery picks, they've gotten Bam, Winslow, Beasley, Wade, and Caron Butler. It's too soon to judge the Bam pick, Winslow seems to be coming around, Beasley was decent but didn't work out with the Heat, and Caron Butler was solid and helped get us Shaq. I would say that's a decent draft history when it comes to lottery picks. It's not like we're blowing #1 picks either, only Wade and Beas were in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    Yep. I remember everyone wanted Rose in '08 and if we would have drafted him no one would have disapproved. Thankfully we dodged that bullet, because ultimately Rose was made of glass, we would have never gone for the Big 3 and would have never gotten back to the Finals.
    It was either going to be Rose or Beasley, I don't think anyone else was really in consideration for the Heat. Part of the reason Beasley didn't work out is because he had to go in order to make room for the big 3. He may have been fine with the Heat if he stayed. I would trade any pick the Heat could have made that year for being able to get Lebron and Bosh and win multiple championships.
    Last edited by RCarlson85; 05-01-2018 at 10:49 AM.

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators

All the time Bruh? I said ever...name me one good pick by him in the first

And don't say Wade since we didn't even want him

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside