Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 103 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1994
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Not sure the returns for those guys will move the needle enough though. Pat says he wants to win 1 more before retiring and I would imagine he would like to do it while Wade is hear so the window is short. I'll admit I don't know the full details of each bad contract but it looks to me like Pat may have ****ed himself. I don't see how you move those contract and without having much assets at all it'll be nearly impossible to trade to clear up cap for free agency.
    Yeah I feel the only way some of these contracts become good as trade bait is when they are all on their last year and someone wants to be able to shed a lot of money on the offseason when they can get them off their books. Thats still a bit away.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

Spurs turn that down with the quickness, makes no sense for them. Unfortunately the Heat have no good trade assets. That offer is easily topped.
    I feel ya, just was trying to find something that could interest the Spurs thatís why I added McCollum as a option and I would have added JRICH, but couldnít do it in trade machine. If the Spurs got back McCollum, J Richardson and Winslow back for Kawhi and us taking Gasolís contract would be a pretty good haul for them imo.
    [/CENTER]

A while ago I thought JJ was a 3yr deal, but realized it's 4th yr player option. That's plain immovable and he's garbage and will become more garbage as he gets older. He's already 31 and will be getting paid $16M when he's 34. He's plain here for the long haul. He's basically a Luol Deng contract in this league.

TJ will be immovable for a salary dump. We will be forced to take back another overpaid player, which might not be worth it.

Waiters unless he comes back and has a 2nd-half-of-2017-like-season will also be immovable in a salary dump.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    A while ago I thought JJ was a 3yr deal, but realized it's 4th yr player option. That's plain immovable and he's garbage and will become more garbage as he gets older. He's already 31 and will be getting paid $16M when he's 34. He's plain here for the long haul. He's basically a Luol Deng contract in this league.

TJ will be immovable for a salary dump. We will be forced to take back another overpaid player, which might not be worth it.

Waiters unless he comes back and has a 2nd-half-of-2017-like-season will also be immovable in a salary dump.
    Yep, Riley ****ed himself.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators

Roster Speculation Thread XX

It sucks but the best option to do this offseason is sell everyone including Dragic and Whiteside for young players and picks...free as much cap space as possible

Pretty much just keep Bam and J Rich

Waste next year in the top of the lottery

Go hard after Leonard and Klay and whatever else Riley can do with the money

???/???
    J Rich/
    Klay/
    Leonard/
    Bam/

Plus your lotto pick would be somewhere in there unless you traded him for a vet piece to add to the run

Even if you can't land the whales it's still the best option

The rebuild needs to happen

We are the Hawks when they had Joe Johnson and Josh Smith but worse lol

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    It sucks but the best option to do this offseason is sell everyone including Dragic and Whiteside for young players and picks...free as much cap space as possible

???/???
    J Rich/
    Klay/
    Leonard/
    Bam/

Plus your lotto pick would be somewhere in there unless you traded him for a vet piece to add to the run

That's the thing though, they won't be able to do that. No one is giving up young players or picks for JJ, Weighters, Kelly, or TJ. Might be able to for Dragic and Whiteside but they'll still have to match salaries so it might be hard to find a match that makes sense.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators

???/???
    J Rich/
    Klay/
    Leonard/
    Bam/

That's the thing though, they won't be able to do that. No one is giving up young players or picks for JJ, Weighters, Kelly, or TJ. Might be able to for Dragic and Whiteside but they'll still have to match salaries so it might be hard to find a match that makes sense.

I didn't say high picks or good young players lol

Just do what you can to get rid of the ones you mentioned

Decent young players and good picks for Dragic and Whiteside I think is realistic

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

I didn't say high picks or good young players lol

Just do what you can to get rid of the ones you mentioned

Decent young players and good picks for Dragic and Whiteside I think is realistic
    For Dragic and Whiteside it's definitely realistic but I think it's going to be very hard to find a team to trade the others to. Even with bad picks and young players the salaries have to match and majority of players making that type of money are good players or players on bad contracts (which wouldn't make sense to trade for).
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

It's funny how guys here think we can tank and then sign an all-star/superstar player. Or that we could have tanked last season and then attracted big name players still.

As though its some sort of popular thing for all-stars to sign with a terrible team. Wake up.

Miami's too far in right now. Only way forward is to continue with what we have and trade to try and make minor improvements in fit or to get sleepers.

Miami's biggest mistakes were bidding against themselves for JJ, and matching the TJ deal. Outside of that, the Kelky deal is not bad if we don't have JJ. And Waiters deal is manageable if he is not injured.

I hope the Heat add someone from the buyout market. Even if it has to be another big or D Rose. Just want to ensure we can stop playing close games and add another offensive threat or good rebounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    I hope the Heat add someone from the buyout market. Even if it has to be another big or D Rose. Just want to ensure we can stop playing close games and add another offensive threat or good rebounder.
    It would be great if they kicked the tires on Rose, cut one one of the other Derricks (Walton or Jones). But I somehow doubt it after adding Wade.

It would be great if they kicked the tires on Rose, cut one one of the other Derricks (Walton or Jones). But I somehow doubt it after adding Wade.
    I wish Haslem would just become an assistant coach already. Him taking up a roster spot at this point is pretty much a joke since he never plays. He's literally played 49 minutes all season and 30 of those minutes came in a 3 game stretch in December.

It's funny how guys here think we can tank and then sign an all-star/superstar player. Or that we could have tanked last season and then attracted big name players still.

As though its some sort of popular thing for all-stars to sign with a terrible team. Wake up.

Miami's too far in right now. Only way forward is to continue with what we have and trade to try and make minor improvements in fit or to get sleepers.

Miami's biggest mistakes were bidding against themselves for JJ, and matching the TJ deal. Outside of that, the Kelky deal is not bad if we don't have JJ. And Waiters deal is manageable if he is not injured.
    You could have though. Tanked, traded the pick for Butler or PG and then try to bring in Hayward or Griffin. It was definitely doable but they wanted to overachieve and then sign a bunch of journeyman to terrible contracts. It is what it is at this point.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Did u guys hear on undisputed Skip Bayless said he has a source close to D. Wades camp that Pat is going to try and make another run at Lebron this summer. They talk about it during the segment about whether he would go to Philly.
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    Did u guys hear on undisputed Skip Bayless said he has a source close to D. Wades camp that Pat is going to try and make another run at Lebron this summer. They talk about it during the segment about whether he would go to Philly.
    I am sure that Pat will try. But I will be the one saying hell NO!

If Lbj could get PG to go with him to the 76'ers, that would be the best move.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.