Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 106 of 139 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2083
    Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    Well, I thought I'd give you another chance when you came back. But all these lukewarm takes has earned you a spot back on the ignore list. Lawd.
    Damn, I'm heartbroken.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    This team is probably in need of a full-on, overdue rebuild. We honestly should have started it the second Lebron left. We were never competing with older Wade and Bosh and this team and the FO seems to still be living in the pipe dream of the Big 3 era. With how things are nowadays, the only way to build a winning franchise is to tank and build through the draft. As for reeling in the big name free agents, in recent years they've seemingly used Miami as more a smokescreen destination than actually being interested in signing here. Love Riley and everything he's done for the franchise over the years, but his team management style may be slightly outdated and it may be time to ride out in the sunset and call it a legacy.

Trade everyone for expiring deals/picks, and build around young guys like Bam and J-Rich and just go from there
    I think a team consisting of Wade, Bosh, Dragic, and Whiteside would have been able to compete but we never really got to see it because of Bosh's blood clot issue. That team could have been #2 in the East behind the Cavs if everyone was healthy so I don't think it was crazy to try to make that work.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Have you watched Capela much? He's an impact player and plays with heart. He's better than Bam right now no debate, he's not better than an engaged Whiteside but it doesn't look like he exists anymore.
    He shows up maybe 1 out of 5 games. lol

Quote Originally Posted by RCarlson85 View Post
    I think a team consisting of Wade, Bosh, Dragic, and Whiteside would have been able to compete but we never really got to see it because of Bosh's blood clot issue. That team could have been #2 in the East behind the Cavs if everyone was healthy so I don't think it was crazy to try to make that work.
    Yea and they went like 3-1 vs the Cavs that year and blew them out a couple times I believe. 2016 if Bosh isn't out and Whiteside doesn't get injured we would've had a Heat vs Cavs ECF that would've been a toss up.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Yea and they went like 3-1 vs the Cavs that year and blew them out a couple times I believe. 2016 if Bosh isn't out and Whiteside doesn't get injured we would've had a Heat vs Cavs ECF that would've been a toss up.
    Exactly, it still almost happened even with Bosh and Whiteside out. They gave the Raptors all they could handle.

So why did Hayward meet with Miami? They had a bunch of journeyman who played out of their *****.
    Miami played at a level that would actually make you think Hayward could be one of the final pieces. Maybe not to a favorite but at least a contender. Also with the respect of Riley it makes sense we got a meeting. Keep in mind we were asleep the first to apparently be eliminated until somebody leaked the insider info.

But if we were dead last or near it, 0% chance we get a meeting with Hayward, Riley or not.

And then in your idea... Before Hayward even considers us the first thing he'd do in your hypothetical is pick up the phone and ask PG, if I'm willing to sign are you willing to sign an extension right now?

I'm 100% confident in my position that PG would NOT say yes.

Stay on your high horse and enjoy the medicocrity beasted. The real whale catcher is back but washed up Riley has cap strapped the team so idk if Wade will be able to pull off building a contender again.
    Enjoy what? If you were a HEAT fan and not a jock rider you would have been around the HEAT forum to see I've been one of the most critical of some of the moves they've made.

Just because I haven't jumped on the "we should try as hard as possible to lose purposely" train doesn't mean I have endorsed all the signings made.

First I was shocked JJ got what he did. I was also blindsided by signing KO. Didn't understand it. I have been yelling from season start to trade Whiteside, Winslow and TJ. I was even skeptical of paying J-Rich what they did but have been proven wrong this far.

Difference between me and you is I live in reality and haven't been criticising the front office for
    not executing imaginary fantasy basketball trade ideas. "We should have tanked to become the worst team in the NBA which works have inspired the best free agents to come to our team!"

Bottom line, Riley is washed up and Wade assembled the big 3. As you said there are terrible contracts on the team, im not sure how Wade will work around those but I guess we'll see. You don't like risk takers and are content with being mediocre I suppose.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    So are we going to stop crying, blaming and wondering what if about the past or are we going to actually discuss the future and what can be realistically be done in the offseason?

So are we going to stop crying, blaming and wondering what if about the past or are we going to actually discuss the future and what can be realistically be done in the offseason?
    Windhorst said it best, Miami needs one of these star players to tell the team that they are currently on, that they want to be traded to Miami and only Miami; so Pat can do a 3 for 1 trade. This team is built for that type of trade.

Pat will target PG, Lbj, if AD demands a trade, DMC as a backup plan, Melo might opt out, Tyreke Evans, Kemba might still get moved after the season.

But Pat knows he needs to overhaul this team, so if we do make a move, expect 3 new impact players. Other then that, if Pat keeps this team somewhat together, it's because Spo feels like he can contend with this team, if thats the case, Spo should get fired immediately and Miami need to bottom out, even though thats not the HEAT way.

Wishful thinking...

Kemba (playmaker)
    CJ McCollum (knock down shots type of playmaker)/Wade
    J Rich/McGruder
    ?
    DMC (since you guys wanted him so bad lol)/Bam (if Cuz takes a little while to play at a elite level)

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    Bam is gonna be 10x better then both Whiteside and Capela
    Based on what?
    Based on watching the game and having eye balls

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators
    Rebuidddddd

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Hold up this can’t be right could it?

“Here's a wild stat for ya

In Justise Winslow's last 25 games, the Heat are 11-14 despite the fact the team is +112 with Justise on the court”

“In this same stretch (since Dec 9), the Heat are +113 with Hassan OFF the court. They're -52 with him on the court.”

Naw cuz u all say that he’s horrible. So these #’s can’t be right, right? 🤔🤔🤔
    [/CENTER]

Oh yea here’s another one.

“Since Dec 9, Heat are -51 with Justise off the court”

So we actually play better with him on the court. Wow! Who would have thought?
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    Hold up this can’t be right could it?

“Here's a wild stat for ya

In Justise Winslow's last 25 games, the Heat are 11-14 despite the fact the team is +112 with Justise on the court”

“In this same stretch (since Dec 9), the Heat are +113 with Hassan OFF the court. They're -52 with him on the court.”

Naw cuz u all say that he’s horrible. So these #’s can’t be right, right? 🤔🤔🤔
    Anytime you need to preface a stat to exclude something tells you there's something wrong overall and you're probably going to skew the numbers.

I don't know where you got your numbers from, but simply viewing plain old Basketball-Reference as of 03/04/18:
    https://www.basketball-reference.com.../MIA/2018.html

On the season, Winslow is negative in box score plus minus he's -1.3. Out of the 9 players in the "regular rotation" (Dragić, TJ, Richardson, Ellington, Winslow, JJ, Olynk, Whiteside, Bam), that ranks him as dead last in the group.

On the season using the same standard of the main 9 man rotation, Winslow has a 0.2 VORP (value over replacement player), which is also dead last in the group.

For me, these stats along with the eye test has told me all along we're probably better leaving him off the rotation and just playing the other guys more minutes.

It's also unsurprising that Whiteside ranks as 8th just one slot above Winslow in both these categories also.

The team just does better without these 2 guys seemingly.