Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 102 of 139 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2083
  1. #1516
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    14,688
    Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    So blaming Winslow is a cheap excuse as to why weíre having issues.
    I'm not trying to answer for anyone else's position on the issue.... But I'm not sure why you're overlooking the stats that show we're consistently worse when he's on the floor?

    I don't think people are blaming the losing on him or placing an unfair share of blame on him either. I think it's more people are looking at the clear-cut and most obvious fixable problem and frustrated they are not benching him until he improves his effectiveness.

    We're at the borderline where we can't play him until he improves. We're at a crossroads where he needs to get benched because the team is weak enough as it is and he's making them that much worse with his play.

    Yes JJ has lost us games, but I'd say that Winslow has had far more frustrating games than JJ, TJ or anyone else. I've looked at JJ as "what type of inconsistent bum has he become?" on most nights, but contrasting with Winslow I'm actually looking at him like "does this guy even belong in the league?" Yes Winslow has been that bad. I like him to Derrick Jones Jr. And other G League talents. He doesn't do the basics and is the worst player in the rotation. They be better benching him and spreading his minutes to other positions.

  2. #1517
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I don't think people are blaming the losing on him or placing an unfair share of blame on him either. I think it's more people are looking at the clear-cut and most obvious fixable problem and frustrated they are not benching him until he improves his effectiveness.
    This. Spo needs to bench him, or send him to the D-League.

  3. #1518
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I'm not trying to answer for anyone else's position on the issue.... But I'm not sure why you're overlooking the stats that show we're consistently worse when he's on the floor?

    I don't think people are blaming the losing on him or placing an unfair share of blame on him either. I think it's more people are looking at the clear-cut and most obvious fixable problem and frustrated they are not benching him until he improves his effectiveness.

    We're at the borderline where we can't play him until he improves. We're at a crossroads where he needs to get benched because the team is weak enough as it is and he's making them that much worse with his play.

    Yes JJ has lost us games, but I'd say that Winslow has had far more frustrating games than JJ, TJ or anyone else. I've looked at JJ as "what type of inconsistent bum has he become?" on most nights, but contrasting with Winslow I'm actually looking at him like "does this guy even belong in the league?" Yes Winslow has been that bad. I like him to Derrick Jones Jr. And other G League talents. He doesn't do the basics and is the worst player in the rotation. They be better benching him and spreading his minutes to other positions.

    But thatís the thing Iím not saying that he hasnít been playing bad at all. I donít understand why everyone keeps saying that. The difference is that Iím not going to put everything on him like a lot of people on here has. Yeah he frustrates the heck out of me when he misses easy layups or make a dumb play.

    As a matter of fact I agree with most of what u said. Personally if ur going to play him imo use him in a specialty type of role for defense when u need a stop. Maybe 5 mins in the 1st half and 5 in the 2nd. Until he becomes better if possible. I hear what ur saying though beasted. Iím just going by what I see others are posting that basically heís the blame. If thatís not what they mean then they need to correctly state what they are trying to say. I just donít understand why people arenít obviously pointing out how bad some of our other players have been looking. Cuz we have been looking absolutely terrible.
    [/CENTER]

  4. #1519
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    This. Spo needs to bench him, or send him to the D-League.
    Iím not opposed to this at all. Maybe he can work on his shooting in a real game situation there.
    [/CENTER]

  5. #1520
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I always say if a player can put up what he did in college then you're ahead of the game.

    MIN 29.1
    PTS 12.6
    TRB 6.5
    AST 2.1
    FG% 48.6%
    3P% 41.8%
    BLK 0.9
    STL 1.3


    But Winslow will never be this player again. That's not even some unreachable superstar status or anything. This is basically Jae Crowder's last season. Winslow will never even match Crowder level.
    I would gladly take that level of play from Winslow. I just don't see it ever happening.

  6. #1521
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Miami,fl
    Posts
    5,985
    Forget Winslow. He will soon be replaced by Mcgruder. Case closed!

    I read that in the summer the Heat are going try hard to move TJ, which should be priority number 1 and if they can move some other contracts that would be great. (JJ, HW?)

    Also, the more I keep reading into the Spurs and Kawhi drama the more it feels he wants out. He has been cleared for weeks to return but he has refused, they are reports saying that he doesnít feel comfortable yet to return and then there are reports saying he doesnít trust the organization. Sounds to me he no longer wants to play with them?

    Not sure what to believe but if he wants to leave then HE should be our number one target. A two player that is only 25 yrs old. Sign me up!

  7. #1522
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Miami,fl
    Posts
    5,985
    I would trade Dragic to the Spurs since pop loves euro guys. Maybe add a filler?

    Then on a separate trade I would either trade for Kemba or Lillard? Whiteside would probably have to be involved in both of those scenarios.

    Kemba
    Richardson
    Kawhi
    Batum?
    Bam

    Or

    Lillard
    Richardson
    Kawhi
    Gasol? Old as fudge but they might make us take him and thatís his original position.
    Bam

    If we do have to take Gasol back in a trade for Kawhi then I am sure the spurs will take back a Waiters or JJ since the contracts are close.

    I donít know guys? Iím just wishful thinking right now and to be quite honest, I am more excited about the off season then the Heat trying to make it in the playoffs or whatever. I know this team is not going anywhere so I am looking forward to the season to be over.

  8. #1523
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,189
    Hereís a little trade I came up with. I can easily see the Spurs would want Richardson in that trade since we donít have a 1st.

    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycuvculf
    [/CENTER]

  9. #1524
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    14,688
    Quote Originally Posted by kntresistheheat View Post
    Forget Winslow. He will soon be replaced by Mcgruder. Case closed!

    I read that in the summer the Heat are going try hard to move TJ, which should be priority number 1 and if they can move some other contracts that would be great. (JJ, HW?)

    Also, the more I keep reading into the Spurs and Kawhi drama the more it feels he wants out. He has been cleared for weeks to return but he has refused, they are reports saying that he doesnít feel comfortable yet to return and then there are reports saying he doesnít trust the organization. Sounds to me he no longer wants to play with them?

    Not sure what to believe but if he wants to leave then HE should be our number one target. A two player that is only 25 yrs old. Sign me up!
    Spurs probably reserve the same position they had with Aldridge. They straight up told him he's not getting traded unless it's for an all-star in return.

    Chances they take any package we have are slim unless it's a 3 team deal.

  10. #1525
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    23,867
    Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    But thatís the thing Iím not saying that he hasnít been playing bad at all. I donít understand why everyone keeps saying that. The difference is that Iím not going to put everything on him like a lot of people on here has. Yeah he frustrates the heck out of me when he misses easy layups or make a dumb play.

    As a matter of fact I agree with most of what u said. Personally if ur going to play him imo use him in a specialty type of role for defense when u need a stop. Maybe 5 mins in the 1st half and 5 in the 2nd. Until he becomes better if possible. I hear what ur saying though beasted. Iím just going by what I see others are posting that basically heís the blame. If thatís not what they mean then they need to correctly state what they are trying to say. I just donít understand why people arenít obviously pointing out how bad some of our other players have been looking. Cuz we have been looking absolutely terrible.
    We as a team have been pretty bad lately. I just think everyone looks at Winslow and thinks about what he could have been or what we were hoping he was going to turn out to be. And he really is nothing like that at all. Like at this moment he is struggling to just stay as a rotation player, but Spo keeps shoving him down our throat.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  11. #1526
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Miami,fl
    Posts
    5,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    We as a team have been pretty bad lately. I just think everyone looks at Winslow and thinks about what he could have been or what we were hoping he was going to turn out to be. And he really is nothing like that at all. Like at this moment he is struggling to just stay as a rotation player, but Spo keeps shoving him down our throat.
    Winslow will start to avg 8-12 minutes as soon as Mcgruder comes back and eventually he will fade out of the rotation when Babbitt gets more minutes.

  12. #1527
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    23,867
    Quote Originally Posted by kntresistheheat View Post
    Winslow will start to avg 8-12 minutes as soon as Mcgruder comes back and eventually he will fade out of the rotation when Babbitt gets more minutes.
    I hope so, but I see TJ losing minutes before Winslow as Spo seems to love Winslow.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  13. #1528
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,864
    Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    Hereís a little trade I came up with. I can easily see the Spurs would want Richardson in that trade since we donít have a 1st.

    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycuvculf
    Spurs turn that down with the quickness, makes no sense for them. Unfortunately the Heat have no good trade assets. That offer is easily topped.
    RIP lol, please!

    8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

    You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!


  14. #1529
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    23,867
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Spurs turn that down with the quickness, makes no sense for them. Unfortunately the Heat have no good trade assets. That offer is easily topped.
    Witeside and Richardson are going to be our best assets to trade. They can trade Whiteside since we don't play him, but I would like to Keep Richardson.

    Also I am not really sure but I think possibly after this years draft we will own next years and the years after first round pick so we might be able to trade next years pick? But I don't know much about that rule, only that we cannot trade back to back picks. So I wonder if once this years draft is over we could trade next years or if it would still count towards the no trading of back to back picks.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  15. #1530
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Witeside and Richardson are going to be our best assets to trade. They can trade Whiteside since we don't play him, but I would like to Keep Richardson.

    Also I am not really sure but I think possibly after this years draft we will own next years and the years after first round pick so we might be able to trade next years pick? But I don't know much about that rule, only that we cannot trade back to back picks. So I wonder if once this years draft is over we could trade next years or if it would still count towards the no trading of back to back picks.
    Not sure the returns for those guys will move the needle enough though. Pat says he wants to win 1 more before retiring and I would imagine he would like to do it while Wade is hear so the window is short. I'll admit I don't know the full details of each bad contract but it looks to me like Pat may have ****ed himself. I don't see how you move those contract and without having much assets at all it'll be nearly impossible to trade to clear up cap for free agency.
    RIP lol, please!

    8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

    You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •