Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126
Results 1,876 to 1,884 of 1884
    I think Miami is preparing itself to acquire a pick and use its draft board to make a decision come draft night. The following picks are possibly obtainable in a Whiteside deal: Blazers at #24, Lakers at #25.

I still want a deal with Mil since they need a big man that can play with other athletes like Giannis. Henson could come back to Miami since we have to sell Whiteside on $.80 on the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    But the thing is three point shooting isn't the only issue, and thats the problem, he just doesn't get it

Look at the final 4, outside of having Lebron on your team look at the other starting centers: Al Horford, Clint Capela and Draymond Green....what do they have in common? They all are well versed in covering different type of pick-and-roll situations, I mean can Capela shoot threes?...Draymond Green has only made 1 three all Rockets series, both seem to be doing fine for themselves

Whiteside shooting threes would be nice but come playoff time teams exploit your weakness and Whiteside just has too many right now.....Being able to switch is the now and future of this league and if you have a center who is a liability playing small ball thats an issue.......If Whiteside thinks all he has to do is improve his outside shot than that right there is a problem within itself
    I agree.... But the thing is, Whiteside is just mentally weak. He can switch off better then what he shows, but the effort isn't there because he isn't engaged. I remembered when he switched off on Clarkson I think, Clarkson couldn't get pass him. But Whiteside is acting like a child when he is on the court.

He is letting Spo get to him too much.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    If the coach is not asking you to do that, then STFU up and defend the paint and finish at the rim like Centers are supposed to be able to.
    This is not Whiteside mentality... Try to remember each person is different and you can';t expect them to think like you or the majority.

Whiteside should have just asked for a trade before the Trade deadline. Because Spo obviously wasn't ever going to unitize him correctly. Even tho Spo can, he just doesn't want too.

But instead he was a ghost next to Embiid in the paint for 98% of the time.
    Whiteside is the type of player that gets energize when he is included in the game plan offensively. It's up to a coach to put their players in a position to succeed. And If Spo sees that Whiteside is playing lazy, then he should play him at all or go to Spo and get him the hell out o there. But Spo would need to show case Whiteside for at lease 20 games, so his trade value can go up, but if that had happen, then NO ONE WOULD AGREE TO TRADE WHITESIDE IN TEH FIRST PLACE; because he would be to valuable.

I put the blame on Spo & Whiteside.

The Heat did not lose to the Sixers because Whiteside was not out there like KAT (or whoever the hell player Whiteside wants to imitate) at the 3 point line. That argument is simply ridiculous.
    lol

No one stated in anything about the 6ers. Just posted a link of Whiteside shooting a 3 pointer and talking ****. You are off topic in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Bingo!

Aside from just offense, Whiteside is nowhere near what he needs to be defensively. He's not even remotely close.

Look at the numbers and statistics when Rudy Gobert or Draymond Green are on the floor vs when Whiteside is playing.

Whiteside literally doesn't make the team better offensively or significantly defensively anymore. He plain sucks.

I literally can't believe peeps think this guy is All-Star caliber and the problem is Spo. Hilarious.

This just shows that he has let Spo gotten into his head and isn't very happy here. He is a good defender and we have all seen it. It's just that he doesn't feel involve in the game so he isn't giving pouty full effort.

We can all see this.

And Spo is a problem also. He's way of thought and going about how Whiteside showed act...etc

Since Whiteside isn't doing what Spo wants, Spo is not utilizing Whiteside to his full max. This is a problem. They are both to blame.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    This just shows that he has let Spo gotten into his head and isn't very happy here. He is a good defender and we have all seen it. It's just that he doesn't feel involve in the game so he isn't giving pouty full effort.

We can all see this.

And Spo is a problem also. He's way of thought and going about how Whiteside showed act...etc

Since Whiteside isn't doing what Spo wants, Spo is not utilizing Whiteside to his full max. This is a problem. They are both to blame.
    I do agree that there is blame on both sides.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    This team typically doesn't do well with drafting/picks. Doubt Mickey wants to spend on a pick either
    I don't understand this stigma the Heat and their fans have about draft picks. The Heat are actually one of the better draft picking teams in the league given their track record. It's just that we have so few picks because Riley traded them all away for Shaq (a 1st), Bron (FIVE! future picks), Bosh (2 first rounders) and Dragic (2 first rounders) etc.

Wow, we drafted Michael Beasley with the 2nd. Everyone wanted Rose, we took Beez because he was the all around consensus 2 pick. Maybe it hurts because 2008 had so many very good and solid players come out of it. Namely OJ Mayo, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love and a handful of other solid/ok players who had better careers than Beasley. Get over it, one bad pick.

You go all the way back starting from the year 2000, with picks in the top 15, when you're supposed to draft someone solid that will contribute at the very least. Say hello to Caron Butler (all-star), Wade (HOF'er), Beasley (miss), Winslow (still only 22 after missing a whole year to injury and looked great in the playoffs vs PHI) and Adebayo (rookie with promise). So Butler and Wade, well done. Beasley, sucked. Winslow and Adebayo way too early to tell but they both show tons of promise and should be built around. You go back the last 5 years we've only had 4 freakin' picks. Shabazz Napier (24 - traded our 26th and two 2nd rounders), Josh Richardson (40) , Justise Winslow (10) and Bam Adebayo (14). Those are bad picks? Shabazz is developing into a very solid 6th man and played great for Portland as Lillard's backup and sick defense. Josh Richardson got votes for 2nd team NBA defense and is probably our best two way player. Winslow plays great defense and affects the game in multiple ways and shows growth. I know everyone likes Adebayo. So where is this "heat can't draft anyway" BS keep coming from. Beasley was 10 years ago. Get over it. Maybe if Riley stopped being a damn effin' stubborn grandpa and trading away all of our picks we'd have more ammo and young players to build around. I guarantee you if we had more picks, we wouldn't have matched that awful TJ contract because we could've replaced him.

Now we're stuck in purgatory for the next 2 years unless Riley pulls an ace out from his behind.
    BRUH

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    This is not Whiteside mentality... Try to remember each person is different and you can';t expect them to think like you or the majority.
    When your a pro on a max contract you get held to a higher standard. Doesn't matter if that's not his mentality, he needs to adjust. And he's not talented enough to command the coaching staff to bend to his will. He may think he's the man, but he's not.

Whiteside should have just asked for a trade before the Trade deadline. Because Spo obviously wasn't ever going to unitize him correctly. Even tho Spo can, he just doesn't want too.
    As I recall, the issue was that they brought him back too early from injury before the trade deadline.

Whiteside is the type of player that gets energize when he is included in the game plan offensively. It's up to a coach to put their players in a position to succeed. And If Spo sees that Whiteside is playing lazy, then he should play him at all or go to Spo and get him the hell out o there. But Spo would need to show case Whiteside for at lease 20 games, so his trade value can go up, but if that had happen, then NO ONE WOULD AGREE TO TRADE WHITESIDE IN TEH FIRST PLACE; because he would be to valuable.

I put the blame on Spo & Whiteside.
    Well I hope we can fool some other team into thinking that.

No one stated in anything about the 6ers. Just posted a link of Whiteside shooting a 3 pointer and talking ****. You are off topic in this one.
    It's Whiteside's argument, not yours.

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    I guarantee you if we had more picks, we wouldn't have matched that awful TJ contract because we could've replaced him.
    Let the record show that it was Micky who didn't want to let go of TJ. He didn't want another team "poaching" their players is what he said.

When your a pro on a max contract you get held to a higher standard. Doesn't matter if that's not his mentality, he needs to adjust. And he's not talented enough to command the coaching staff to bend to his will. He may think he's the man, but he's not.
    True... But thats not what is happening, correct?

As I recall, the issue was that they brought him back too early from injury before the trade deadline.

Well I hope we can fool some other team into thinking that.
    I am hoping/betting on Thibs. Reason why, he is a defensive minded coach and he has seen first hand what Whiteside can do when he is engaged.

KAT & Wiggens have been reported in trade scenarios with the Miami HEAT.

Of course we HEAT fans would want KAT.

Whiteside, Winslow, J Rich, Dragon. 3 defensive guys and a pg. Of course Minny Owner would veto this but Thibs mindset would be aiming for something like this.

Pat would want a 3rd team involve so we don't take in any bad contracts...etc

It's Whiteside's argument, not yours.
    Ok...
    Last edited by Dade County; 05-24-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    I don't understand this stigma the Heat and their fans have about draft picks. The Heat are actually one of the better draft picking teams in the league given their track record. It's just that we have so few picks because Riley traded them all away for Shaq (a 1st), Bron (FIVE! future picks), Bosh (2 first rounders) and Dragic (2 first rounders) etc.

Wow, we drafted Michael Beasley with the 2nd. Everyone wanted Rose, we took Beez because he was the all around consensus 2 pick. Maybe it hurts because 2008 had so many very good and solid players come out of it. Namely OJ Mayo, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love and a handful of other solid/ok players who had better careers than Beasley. Get over it, one bad pick.

You go all the way back starting from the year 2000, with picks in the top 15, when you're supposed to draft someone solid that will contribute at the very least. Say hello to Caron Butler (all-star), Wade (HOF'er), Beasley (miss), Winslow (still only 22 after missing a whole year to injury and looked great in the playoffs vs PHI) and Adebayo (rookie with promise). So Butler and Wade, well done. Beasley, sucked. Winslow and Adebayo way too early to tell but they both show tons of promise and should be built around. You go back the last 5 years we've only had 4 freakin' picks. Shabazz Napier (24 - traded our 26th and two 2nd rounders), Josh Richardson (40) , Justise Winslow (10) and Bam Adebayo (14). Those are bad picks? Shabazz is developing into a very solid 6th man and played great for Portland as Lillard's backup and sick defense. Josh Richardson got votes for 2nd team NBA defense and is probably our best two way player. Winslow plays great defense and affects the game in multiple ways and shows growth. I know everyone likes Adebayo. So where is this "heat can't draft anyway" BS keep coming from. Beasley was 10 years ago. Get over it. Maybe if Riley stopped being a damn effin' stubborn grandpa and trading away all of our picks we'd have more ammo and young players to build around. I guarantee you if we had more picks, we wouldn't have matched that awful TJ contract because we could've replaced him.

Now we're stuck in purgatory for the next 2 years unless Riley pulls an ace out from his behind.
    I worded it wrong, more like we don't handle picks well as far as trading them all and never having them when draft night rolls around. Still can't believe we matched that TJ contract. You literally never match a poison pill contract, TJ was definitely someone who we did not have to keep either. Super replaceable and never was starting guard material