Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    The Heat will be a .500 team by the allstar game and if no trade is made they will end at .500. Even with a trade i think it doesnít guarantee making to the playoffs, but this year is a lost year because they wonít contend either way. A trade will be made to just have first dibs to convince a player to resign with us. If they donít make a trade we are going to have the same .500 team next year and a free agent will look at this team and will not want to join with this roster. In fact I donít think we can sign anyone to a max unless we trade some contracts?

We are going to have an older Dragic.
    The same Whiteside that hit his ceiling.
    Inconsistent/injury prone waiters.
    The rest are just role players that are getting starter minutes. We will be relevant once again next year without a superstar player. We donít have a player that is developing into a superstar either so spare me that BS.

Quote Originally Posted by kntresistheheat View Post
    The Heat will be a .500 team by the allstar game and if no trade is made they will end at .500. Even with a trade i think it doesnít guarantee making to the playoffs, but this year is a lost year because they wonít contend either way. A trade will be made to just have first dibs to convince a player to resign with us. If they donít make a trade we are going to have the same .500 team next year and a free agent will look at this team and will not want to join with this roster. In fact I donít think we can sign anyone to a max unless we trade some contracts?

We are going to have an older Dragic.
    The same Whiteside that hit his ceiling.
    Inconsistent/injury prone waiters.
    The rest are just role players that are getting starter minutes. We will be relevant once again next year without a superstar player. We donít have a player that is developing into a superstar either so spare me that BS.
    No BS...

You are not noticing how the majority in the East is performing also. Teams are losing to inferior teams on a nightly basis.

It's clear whats going on. NBA=Entertainment.

Miami will begin to pull away and make the playoffs, unless are key players stay injured. So just hold on.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Happy New Year everyone.

Hope this team can be a little less frustrating in the new year. Let's hope they can put together some consistent play and allow some trade stock to rise.
    Same to you. I am hoping to do a proper rebuild, but Riley won't ever do that.

Thereís going to be a lot FA this off season. I am wondering if the Heat will just play it out this season (which is not pat style) and roll the dice on trying to convince a FA to play with the pieces we got? Although, I think they have to make some trades to make room? I had no idea that Gordon and Jokic are becoming FA this off season. They are both 22 and improving every year. They have potential to be more than just allstars. Someone mention Gordon before but I ignored it because I thought he was locked with Orlando. This is what brings me to this question....Ēare the heat going to just stay pat and play out the season?Ē
    I personally would go the trading way (which is what Pat is known for) and hope that a player would get a taste of what it feels to be here in Miami with this organization and hope thatís enough to convince them to stay. Pat has lost his touch in the FA offseason signings (which he is not known for) and we really donít have the pieces in place to convince a player to sign. Unless, you get a young player with superstar potential that would like to be the franchise player for a great organization......but these PGís and Cousins of the world are looking to either play in their hometown or with friends to win a chip while getting paid. Iím so curious to see what is going to happen with this team and what the future is going to look like for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Delrayhc View Post
    Miami has started the season the same as the last with all of these injuries to key players and yet they are 2 games over 500. You're seeing Adabayo coming into his own producing while setting screens and assisting way better than Whiteside. Josh Richardson can very well be the Heats best player defensively and offensively by seasons end. We have starters that will be expendable soon and hopefully used to get the parts that they need and maybe the star that they need.

Some on here need to really look into whats going on and have perspective. The season so far has been up and down but hasn't been as bad as some suggest.
    This is how I've been thinking about the season so far too. We've had a lot of injury problems (just like last season) but unlike last season we're sitting in 7th at 19-17 and only 1.5 games out of 4th. We've definitely been inconsistent but how can that not be expected with all the injuries? I think this team will get healthy and get better as the year goes on just like last season. Not saying we're going to go on a 30-11 run but with us being over .500 almost half way through the year it's not going to take a run like that to be in the middle of the East playoff picture at the end of the season. I think 4th is definitely within reach.

We almost blew this one (Orlando) too.... the defense is poor and thereís no flow to the offense. If it werenít for TJ relentless performance to refuse to struggle two nights in a row. I am so sick of this inconsistent play every game and this is what role/bench players go through not superstar/allstar starters. Sure, you have starters have an off night but thatís why I say that this team is full of roll players and they wonít contend. They might make it to the playoffs since the EAST is so weak from 4th seed down. That to me is just a waist of a season and I hope no one tries to justify to me that this team is growing together blah blah blah..... not all is bad, we do have some pieces that I hope we keep like bam, Ellington, JRich, TJ if it wasnít for his contract I would keep him as well. Everyone else is expendable at this point. The Heat needs to start thinking of where the future is going and it starts with having young superstars/allstars not one player on this team will be an allstar this year just like last year.
    With how many bad teams there are this year (currently 16 teams worse than the Heat) there's really no way we're going to be bad enough to keep our draft pick. A waste of a season would be missing the playoffs and not getting our pick. Making the playoffs and gaining some experience is definitely valuable. We're not going to be gutting the whole team (as much as some of you think so) so some playoff experience would be valuable for a lot of our young guys going forward.

I canít believe that some of you thinks that this team will stay together? I know a few guys like BAM and Richardson will be here but most of these guys will be gone. We donít have anyone on this team that I can say has superstar potential. So tell me again on why you think this team should gain some playoff experience? Waiters unfortunately will be stuck with us this year and maybe next? The other guys can all go with the exception of Bam, Ellington, and JRICH. To be honest I like our young guys I think my problem is more with waiters, Whiteside, and JJ. But I still donít see these guys here past next season. Again, this is just my opinion and I feel like we need to make some moves that allows us to a superstar or someone like Gordon with potential. I know the whole PG13 was a pipe dream and me wishful thinking and this clarifies that..... He will be a LAKER no matter what.

ďNo. I have no regrets at all. All that was said is a destination (L.A) that Iíd love to go to. There wasnít gun pointed to the head send me here. I just stated somewhere I would like to go play. If you asked 80 to 70 percent of the guys in the league if they would love to go back home and play for their home city thatís all I stated. I just wouldíve loved to go home to play for my city. So no regrets at all. I thought this trade was win-win for both sides. Iím just happy to move on.Ē

When do you ever see an entire team being turned over, especially when so many are under contract for multiple years like in the case of the Heat? That doesn't happen. Not saying there couldn't be a trade or two but to think that Riley is going to go out and trade away this entire team with the exception of a couple guys (like you mentioned Bam and J-Rich for example) is not realistic at all. Even in a dream world where that happens you still have to find teams willing to take on all these players. So because most guys are going to be around, playoff experience will be valuable in the future.

Why in the world would we want to miss the playoffs if we weren't getting our pick anyway? That sounds like what you want and that makes zero sense. So to you it would be better to lose our pick and also not make the playoffs? There's no benefit to that. Making the playoffs will make the Heat more appealing to any players looking to join the team in the future. Guys aren't usually clamoring to join perennial losers.

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    No BS...

You are not noticing how the majority in the East is performing also. Teams are losing to inferior teams on a nightly basis.
    The difference is the Heat have been sucking all season. Now that other teams are sucking, it would only matter if the Heat went on a win streak, which they haven't.

Waiters unfortunately will be stuck with us this year and maybe next?
    I'm wondering at what point do they force that bum to go and have his surgery done. Post trade deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by RCarlson85 View Post
    Why in the world would we want to miss the playoffs if we weren't getting our pick anyway?
    Simple really: two consecutive years of missing the playoffs would FORCE significant change. But barely making the playoffs and getting swept by the C's would allow the front office to finagle some weak morale victory and try to spin it as success through their media puppets.
    Last edited by AllBall; 01-02-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    The difference is the Heat have been sucking all season. Now that other teams are sucking, it would only matter if the Heat went on a win streak, which they haven't.

I'm wondering at what point do they force that bum to go and have his surgery done. Post trade deadline?

Simple really: two consecutive years of missing the playoffs would FORCE significant change. But barely making the playoffs and getting swept by the C's would allow the front office to finagle some weak morale victory and try to spin it as success through their media puppets.
    Thank you! Someone here understands....I swear I was not going to respond back to them. They come in and just read half of my rant but donít bother to read the other half of what I have been complaining about. Yes, I may be all over the place but I am a passionate heat fan. All I know is that the Heat are in a bad situation because if Iím not mistaken that pick doesnít belong to us either way? As he mention on his post but he also mention that the Heat are playing for the playoffs to give these young guys some experience. I know we canít get rid off the whole dam team like he thought I meant. What I am saying a lot of these guys wonít be here past next season anyways so if we have some contracts that are movable like Riley said in his press then thatís what we should be focusing on. This team is not going no whereís this year or next unless we get superstar quality players in here.

All of you talking about making so many big moves and significant change must think it's super easy to just make trades. This isn't NBA 2K or the ESPN trade machine. You have to have other teams willing to make a deal. Let's say the Heat don't want all their current players. I'm sure other teams will just be lining up to take the Heat rejects and give the Heat a great deal at the same time. We're going to use our role players that none of you seem to want to get a superstar because that's how so many of you seen to think this works. I can't believe how unrealistic about 90% of the people on this board are.

Thank you! Someone here understands....I swear I was not going to respond back to them. They come in and just read half of my rant but donít bother to read the other half of what I have been complaining about. Yes, I may be all over the place but I am a passionate heat fan. All I know is that the Heat are in a bad situation because if Iím not mistaken that pick doesnít belong to us either way? As he mention on his post but he also mention that the Heat are playing for the playoffs to give these young guys some experience. I know we canít get rid off the whole dam team like he thought I meant. What I am saying a lot of these guys wonít be here past next season anyways so if we have some contracts that are movable like Riley said in his press then thatís what we should be focusing on. This team is not going no whereís this year or next unless we get superstar quality players in here.
    I've read your rants. Here's the summary: you want to trade everyone and not make the playoffs regardless of us not getting our pick either way.

You said you want to trade everyone but maybe Bam and J-Rich. So I guess you didn't say you wanted to trade everyone, just 12 or 13 of our 15 guys. My bad. What I'm saying is most of these guys will be here past this season so playoff experience is valuable. Let's just say your dream of trading away most of our team comes true, would it not still be valuable for whoever does stay to get playoff experience? I don't know how people who want the team to be bad and miss the playoffs when we're not getting our pick either way can call themselves fans.

All this talk of trading our role players that none of you want for super stars is taking me back to this summer when we were going to get 2 or 3 super star players in free agency. I said that wasn't going to happen back then and I was right and I'm saying it again now. People need to be realistic and come back down to earth.
    Last edited by RCarlson85; 01-03-2018 at 12:29 AM.

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    All of you talking about making so many big moves and significant change must think it's super easy to just make trades. This isn't NBA 2K or the ESPN trade machine. You have to have other teams willing to make a deal. Let's say the Heat don't want all their current players. I'm sure other teams will just be lining up to take the Heat rejects and give the Heat a great deal at the same time. We're going to use our role players that none of you seem to want to get a superstar because that's how so many of you seen to think this works. I can't believe how unrealistic about 90% of the people on this board are.
    I'm not one of those people that thinks you can turnover the whole roster this season. But I wont be surprised if by 2020 there's a revamped lineup. Only 6 of the current players were here 3 seasons ago.

I've read your rants. Here's the summary: you want to trade everyone and not make the playoffs regardless of us not getting our pick either way.

You said you want to trade everyone but maybe Bam and J-Rich. So I guess you didn't say you wanted to trade everyone, just 12 or 13 of our 15 guys. My bad. What I'm saying is most of these guys will be here past this season so playoff experience is valuable. Let's just say your dream of trading away most of our team comes true, would it not still be valuable for whoever does stay to get playoff experience? I don't know how people who want the team to be bad and miss the playoffs when we're not getting our pick either way can call themselves fans.

All this talk of trading our role players that none of you want for super stars is taking me back to this summer when we were going to get 2 or 3 super star players in free agency. I said that wasn't going to happen back then and I was right and I'm saying it again now. People need to be realistic and come back down to earth.
    I know how trades work! You obviously only looked at one page of rants. Iíve been posting for the past 2 weeks that we need a significant big change. Obviously I know we canít get rid of everyone because we have to have players that teams want. What I am saying is I donít care who we trade as long itís not Bam, Ellington, and JRICH. What I also said is that it donít matter if this team makes the playoffs because most of these players wonít be around anymore. So the playoffs experience really donít matter much to this team unless you are looking at other teams that want to look at their resume and say ďthis guy has playoff experienceĒ you are to concern on who is going to stay and I knew not to fall in love with a team that is just going to be relevant. Most of these guys wonít be here, itís been two years with this squad and I know they wonít go three years with this team. Thatís not Pat style. He just put this together on the fly because he failed in the offseason FA. Thereís a reason he sent out the message in the press conference that this team better play good because they all have tradable contracts. Obviously we all want a big name FA/superstar or a potential superstar player (which we donít have) so I was wishful thinking of getting players like PG13 and Cousins which we would of had to get significant pieces away to get those players. Now, PG13 is pipe dream because he isnít going anywhere but LA. It would take a lot of our role players/team to get pieces like those guys I mention....and yes, we did not get our 2-3 superstar players in free agency but pat sure tried and that should tell you that thats his style. So donít act like you knew something that non of us didnít because we are thinking like pat is thinking. Pat struck out but he put some pieces together that teams are going to look for to make a playoff push. Most of the contracts we have are very reasonable contacts to trade. Unfortunately, injuries are hurting us and we canít showcase most of these guys yet. If you misunderstood anything I wrote then ask me to clarify because you ainít talking to some little kid here. I may be all over the place with my post because I have 3 kids to deal and I try to post as fast as I can. So just to be clear....I donít care about making the playoffs because we are going no where with this team and most players wonít be here next year so why not Trade most of them to get something better back and I donít care about the pick either because I donít think we own a pick?
    Last edited by kntresistheheat; 01-03-2018 at 02:04 AM.

I'm not one of those people that thinks you can turnover the whole roster this season. But I wont be surprised if by 2020 there's a revamped lineup. Only 6 of the current players were here 3 seasons ago.
    I'm definitely not saying there won't be any trades or that this team will look the same for the next 3-4 years and agree that by 2020 this team could look much different. However, looking at the current contracts we have on the books, there are 9 guys signed through 2019-2020 when you count player options, team options, or qualifying offers. That's not figuring in that Ellington is a free agent after this year and McGruder a free agent after next year. With what Ellington has shown this year I can't imagine them not being interested in bringing him back plus McGruder looked good last year as a rookie.

This is different than the past few years where we had more expiring contracts or guys on 1 year deals. I don't think there's going to be as much turnover as people think/want in the next couple years. Just because the deals that we signed people to this off-season aren't considered bad deals in today's NBA, it doesn't mean that trades are guaranteed to happen.
    Last edited by RCarlson85; 01-03-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast