Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If only 1 choice, rid team of melo or get kyrie?

I ask this question because without them both being in the same deal I don't see it possible to achieve both

Ridding team of melo is addition by subtraction on the right deal, can add to our core, and change the mentality of the team. I actually believe that the team will be hungrier without melo if our coach can actually coach

If kyrie costs us Frankie and we keep melo, I think this team will function much like last yr, plug in Kyrie for rose.

2 big egos.

I also want to see another of our top picks stay awhile

This list of. Nene, Chandler, ariza, et al throughout the league makes me think Frankie is next

Now. Best case scenario for me; rid melo. Get Kyrie. Keep top 4 young players. Seems really unlikely despite the hype and fantasy of believing in lopsided deals favoring by. Which we always seem to get the short end of the stick in reality
    Last edited by nicnac; 07-22-2017 at 09:21 PM.

If only 1 choice, rid team of melo or get kyrie?

Im not even sure what you're asking here. Look at the money involved. One is not possible without the other it would seem
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

get rid of melo for future assets. Pass on uncle drew. Build for three years through draft and smart decisions, once you establish a culture and base, look for Free Agents available.
    `

Get rid of Melo

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Im not even sure what you're asking here. Look at the money involved. One is not possible without the other it would seem
    You may be right. I haven't considered money. So. If melo can't be traded it's totally impossible to add Kyrie to build with the young core? So if melo stays stubborn we are stuck with this team?

I believe in creativity in life. If this gm wAnts Kyrie while he is available and melo stays like he is then I can envision the knicks trying to pair them bc of Kyries age an he is a PG.

Hypothetically, I think that this is a good question in terms of the direction of this team

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    Get the best player to enhance your team, that's the goal and should always be the goal. If you can't get the BPA, you start to prepare for the draft (tank).
    Getting Irving should be a priority and I wouldn't mind giving up a few assets for him. He is a young MVP in the making. Top tier point guard and will make KPs game better. You build a team with him and KP at your core.
    Adding the proper pieces around them would differentiate us from a top team.
    #ALLIN4UNCDREW

Melo is not staying. Both sides want out. Kyrie is on his way. Scott Perry gets it done.

Quote Originally Posted by PJAF View Post
    Melo is not staying. Both sides want out. Kyrie is on his way. Scott Perry gets it done.
    Would be a good start for Perry.

Horny loves his PGs as evidenced by the system he had in place in Phoenix. Kyrie would be the absolute man in NY. Biggest problem is Cavs have control of this situation. They can dictate the outcome. I mentioned earlier but worth pointing out again, if Lebron wants Melo badly enough then the trade is WAY more likely. Otherwise, it'll be an old fashioned bidding war.

Get rid of Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by nicnac View Post
    You may be right. I haven't considered money. So. If melo can't be traded it's totally impossible to add Kyrie to build with the young core? So if melo stays stubborn we are stuck with this team?

I believe in creativity in life. If this gm wAnts Kyrie while he is available and melo stays like he is then I can envision the knicks trying to pair them bc of Kyries age an he is a PG.

Hypothetically, I think that this is a good question in terms of the direction of this team
    I don't see a realistic way the Knicks can get Kyrie without giving up Melo, unless they trade KP and I doubt that will happen. I don't think it's possible to have both on the team.

If Melo is traded and it's not to Cleveland, we can probably kill the Kyrie to the Knicks talk unless it's via free agency in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I don't see a realistic way the Knicks can get Kyrie without giving up Melo, unless they trade KP and I doubt that will happen. I don't think it's possible to have both on the team.

If Melo is traded and it's not to Cleveland, we can probably kill the Kyrie to the Knicks talk unless it's via free agency in two years.
    It would depend on what we get back for Melo, but mostly likely we would be out of the Kyrie Sweeps

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Move Melo.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Dump Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Rose is like Kylie?!?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast