Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 129 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2800
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    So when has that EVER happened before with the Knicks?

If they tanked this season again.... odds are they get 4-8 pick again and end up with nobody better than Frank, Timmy or Willy are right now.

Let's see how this team works out for a couple of years before they start talking about tanking again.

Even without Melo, the Knicks have too much talent to get 1-3 draft picks.
    You missed the point or didn't read the prior post -- shocking on this board. He was responding to a fantasy scenario I put out there of the Knicks not playing to tank but still getting the #1 because of new lottery guidelines. All in fun.

But don't let that stop you.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    If Melo leaves I am not sure if this team is ready this year to compete for or barely miss the playoffs. I think it will take time to adjust. We may win 20-27 games without Melo.
    I think that's about right. Melo probably adds 10+ wins to this team due to close games he needs to close.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

so I hope these reports are real but Dolan might be willing to sell the Knicks as the price of franchises are on the high right now.

Quote Originally Posted by trini_knickfan View Post
    so I hope these reports are real but Dolan might be willing to sell the Knicks as the price of franchises are on the high right now.
    I wouldn't' pay too much attention. "Some executive said he maybe, might think about it..."

There's always someone who will say it could happen.

One can dream and I agree, it would be amazing.

The new lottery rules suck it doesn't stop teams from tanking at all

Until they make the teams who missed out on the playoffs play each other. Like the nit in ncaa wont shyt change

The worst team or in this case teams still have the best chance at the top pick

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks:31848159

Until they make the teams who missed out on the playoffs play each other. Like the nit in ncaa wont shyt change

Wow that could be it right there dude. 1 game playoffs for losing teams.

In 2 weeks camp starts and hopefully all this trade and tanking chatter stops.

-Frank looks like a stud, bigger than advertised
    -Hoodie Melo is still Melo with a hoodie(hyped)
    -KP looks stronger and hungrier
    -Willy and Kuz look like Sophomore studs
    -Timmy looks like he has a chip on his shoulder
    -Q could be our Oakley enforcer
    -Sessions, Lee, LT, Beasley, Q and Noah make up a very good bench (underrated)
    -Our 3rd string young guys all have potential to stick in the NBA... Baker, Randle, Dotson, Kornet

Lula donic is the real deal

Kp had 34 points team got elimiated

Slovenia better team

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    In 2 weeks camp starts and hopefully all this trade and tanking chatter stops.

-Frank looks like a stud, bigger than advertised
    -Hoodie Melo is still Melo with a hoodie(hyped)
    -KP looks stronger and hungrier
    -Willy and Kuz look like Sophomore studs
    -Timmy looks like he has a chip on his shoulder
    -Q could be our Oakley enforcer
    -Sessions, Lee, LT, Beasley, Q and Noah make up a very good bench (underrated)
    -Our 3rd string young guys all have potential to stick in the NBA... Baker, Randle, Dotson, Kornet
    Why is Randle still on the team, he might get cut. He will not see minutes at the 1 because even in summer league everyone was stripping him. The 2 spot is locked down, so where does he fit with this team....

I think Artist shoukd get the last 2 way deal so we can develop him and Goodwin or Burke should take Randle's spot. If you an buy out Melo, you rid the team of Randle's contract.

Even Baker needs to show vast improvement or after this season he is done also. He was Phil's and Horny's pet child so he made the team last year when Randle got injured. But with all the depth at the guard spots Sessions, Frank, and the Baker. Then the 2 spot its THJ, Lee, Dotson, and the Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Why is Randle still on the team, he might get cut. He will not see minutes at the 1 because even in summer league everyone was stripping him. The 2 spot is locked down, so where does he fit with this team....

I think Artist shoukd get the last 2 way deal so we can develop him and Goodwin or Burke should take Randle's spot. If you an buy out Melo, you rid the team of Randle's contract.

Even Baker needs to show vast improvement or after this season he is done also. He was Phil's and Horny's pet child so he made the team last year when Randle got injured. But with all the depth at the guard spots Sessions, Frank, and the Baker. Then the 2 spot its THJ, Lee, Dotson, and the Baker.

I don't get Randle either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't get Randle either.
    You should upgrade your Optimum service!

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks:31848159

Wow that could be it right there dude. 1 game playoffs for losing teams.
    Math is a tricky mutha****a. Think on it some more. The worst teams still need top picks to increase parity, that won't and shouldn't change. Teams can still systematically tank and rebuild.

But the incentive to chase the worst record by deliberately keeping players out and all the other tanking centric activities goes way down if 1-3 have the same odds and if there isn't much of a difference in 8 and 14, might as well try to make the playoffs. You know, compete and whatnot...

It's a massive step in the right direction
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    You should upgrade your Optimum service!

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Math is a tricky mutha****a. Think on it some more. The worst teams still need top picks to increase parity, that won't and shouldn't change. Teams can still systematically tank and rebuild.

But the incentive to chase the worst record by deliberately keeping players out and all the other tanking centric activities goes way down if 1-3 have the same odds and if there isn't much of a difference in 8 and 14, might as well try to make the playoffs. You know, compete and whatnot...

It's a massive step in the right direction
    it fixes the issue of tanking. But I think rebuilding becomes difficult now or complicated. The NBA has made it harder to build through FA, the home team can offer more money and opposing teams usually end up over paying for role players. It's also difficult to rebuild through trades because you have to match salaries.

Some GM's would build through FA, but the league has made very difficult to do that now. Small market GM's would take the route of tanking and building through the draft. That wont be as easy now (I'm glad because I hate the teams that tank shamelessly year after year after year). The league has made team building very difficult in the name of parity.