Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Tats Re-Signs (4-year, AAV 5.3 million)

We need to sign AA and find space to add at least 1 more forward to the roster so looking at another 2-3m in space.

We get another ~900k from Franzen LTIR. We do have the second buyout window open for someone like Big E/Kronwall that could clear room but I don't know if I see us doing that. We will be under the off season allowable during the summer, and Tatar at the minimum will start the season on LTIR so we can make room later. Will be interesting to see how. I would pay a premium to get a contract like Helm/E moved right now.

I gotta say I was getting a little used to the idea of trading him for a 1st at some point this season, but I gotta say I like this more.

Sheahan could be a good candidate to ship away to be cap compliant, we're about his salary away after AA signs.

Edit : Pidg I thought Tatar was on course to be back on the ice (but not ready to participate) when TC opens.
    Anthony Mantha

Spoil you with 2 angles baby boo

Hmm last I read he is out for October at a minimum. EDIT: so October is the maximum for his 6 month recovery and they think he will be ready for the year. This makes me think that Kronwall or someone on the backend may start on LTIR.

I too liked the idea of being able to move Tatar and Green for a potential 3 firsts in what is going to be a much better draft year, but hey I will take 2 first and keep Tatar.

Dahlin and Svechnikov are real deals this year. Dahlin would accelerate our rebuild substantially.
    Last edited by pidg88; 07-21-2017 at 06:21 PM.

- This deal is absolutely fair. A low scoring team, ****** PP, needing shoulder surgery, leads your team in goals and puts up 46 points.
    - Covers 3 UFA years, and this deal will take up his prime.
    - Abdelkader got the better deal, which is still mind boggling how he's used as a face of the franchise.
    - Pidg, start a NHLRD of some concept.
    - A long-term injury will happen in camp. We're fine. Trade Sproul as well.

Lol me start a RD? I have plenty of fun concepts but I don't think anyone would want to.

Would love to do a 9x4x1 with ten GMs and make it hard by doing a 50m cap

Also have a good money round concept...but again don't think anyone would buy
    Last edited by pidg88; 07-21-2017 at 08:12 PM.