Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA "fans"

NBA "fans"

Let's be real for a minute.

Andrew Bogut sets illegal screens, but if he was on your team getting your shooters wide open you'd appreciate it.

KD chose to go to a team that was already the best team in the NBA, but if if was your team that was that good you'd appreciate it.

LeBron learned that letting the Owner/GM run the team doesn't result in good enough teams for him to win so he left to go somewhere he could ... twice ... but if he joined your team and tore up the roster to build a winner you'd appreciate it.

Lonzo Ball has a REALLY REALLY REALLY annoying father, but if he comes CLOSE to meeting the hype and he was on your team, you'd appreciate it.

Draymond Green is an arrogant ***, but if he was killing it for your team you'd appreciate it.

meanwhile ...

There are a lot of players who are paid BIG money to put up numbers and not win ... and unlike the guys above, people love them.

So ... who is hated but you'd love to have them, and who is loved that you don't want on your team?
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Prime Noah, Draymond, Steph, KD, prime Barea when he locked up LeBron, Harden, IT, Cousins, prime Rondo, Pierce, KG, Rose....
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Prime Noah, Draymond, Steph, KD, prime Barea when he locked up LeBron, Harden, IT, Cousins, prime Rondo, Pierce, KG, Rose....
    Noah was really good ... people forget because he's been SO bad. Supposedly he's getting healthy again for the first time in years. I'll believe it when I see it.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Noah was really good ... people forget because he's been SO bad. Supposedly he's getting healthy again for the first time in years. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Yea I think Noah is done, definitely won't live up to his contract.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Let's be real for a minute.

Andrew Bogut sets illegal screens, but if he was on your team getting your shooters wide open you'd appreciate it.

KD chose to go to a team that was already the best team in the NBA, but if if was your team that was that good you'd appreciate it.

LeBron learned that letting the Owner/GM run the team doesn't result in good enough teams for him to win so he left to go somewhere he could ... twice ... but if he joined your team and tore up the roster to build a winner you'd appreciate it.

Lonzo Ball has a REALLY REALLY REALLY annoying father, but if he comes CLOSE to meeting the hype and he was on your team, you'd appreciate it.

Draymond Green is an arrogant ***, but if he was killing it for your team you'd appreciate it.

meanwhile ...

There are a lot of players who are paid BIG money to put up numbers and not win ... and unlike the guys above, people love them.

So ... who is hated but you'd love to have them, and who is loved that you don't want on your team?
    The "bad" traits of all players are put on blast when a team actually wins. In 2013 Andrew Bogut had never set an illegal screen in his life as far as the internet/casual fan crowd is concerned. That's just how it is. As a Warrior fan I'm sure you understand that our teams could have been hated on for any number of reasons during the We Believe run. They were extremely cocky, fairly dirty on occasion, and just in every teams face. But, they were never a threat to win it all. Hence: beloved by almost everyone. But if they were a contender? Oh man, would they have been scrutinized and hated.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown etc. Enjoy the salt. I'm loving the comedic value at this point personally.

I stopped being a loyal fan of teams and I just follow the people I find interesting, players, coaches, executives. This change was inspired by the Bulls miserable 2012 offseason and everything that followed with the final nail in the coffin being Thibs unwarranted firing. I wrote somewhere on here that the Bulls would not be getting my money anymore as I realized it makes no sense to be loyal to a business that isnt employing me.

Instead I've spent that money to take trips to see other teams in other cities, like the 2015 Warriors in Milwaukee, the Thibs coached Twolves vs the Rose led Knicks in NY, and Anthony Davis in New Orleans.

Very happy with my decision

Stopped reading at kd joining my team. I would be mocking the **** out of him regardless. The only benefit is that I would boo him in person

I generally agree. The only time I would not support is (let me preface that it would never happen) LeBron joining my Celtics. I've spent my entire adult life rooting against him. I can't stand him, he's a complete tool. He'll go down as one of the GOAT and I respect that fact...But I would never condone him coming to Boston and I would never root for him if he did. I just can't.

No different than if Peyton Manning went to the Patriots or Alex Rodriguez to the Red Sox or Crosby to the Bruins. Some players I just can't root for under any circumstances.

City of Champions

I think it's often difficult to discern what 'hate' means over the internet.

For example - from a basketball standpoint, I 'hate' Draymond Green. The sole reason is because of his comments towards the Cavs and the fans.

Other than that, he's cool with me. Seems to be the type of dude that I'd get along with.

I question KD's competitive nature and think it's fair that some people think he's a *****, but other than that it doesn't bother me.

LeBron annoys me with his antics, and in a weird way I'll be relieved once he retires and we can move past him. Despite that, I can't help but appreciate his talent and dedication to bringing a championship to Cleveland. Not only that, but he has done a lot of things for Cleveland and I feel like I understand him.

LaVar Ball can be annoying but I got an uncle like him, so I have no bad feelings towards him.

Bogut's illegal screens are so blatantly horrible and utterly game-breaking when he's playing for the Warriors, but it wouldn't seem bad when he's playing for MY team and EVERYONE ELSE does it too.

That's just the mentality most fans will have with players regarding refereeing, so I definitely agree with you there Scoots.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Stopped reading at kd joining my team. I would be mocking the **** out of him regardless. The only benefit is that I would boo him in person
    The more times you say this does not make it any less bull ****. But if you are indeed sincere (and make no mistake you have no basis for comparison so you don't know how you would react) and think you would be in the Clip stands booing him, you'd be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    I stopped being a loyal fan of teams and I just follow the people I find interesting, players, coaches, executives. This change was inspired by the Bulls miserable 2012 offseason and everything that followed with the final nail in the coffin being Thibs unwarranted firing. I wrote somewhere on here that the Bulls would not be getting my money anymore as I realized it makes no sense to be loyal to a business that isnt employing me.

Instead I've spent that money to take trips to see other teams in other cities, like the 2015 Warriors in Milwaukee, the Thibs coached Twolves vs the Rose led Knicks in NY, and Anthony Davis in New Orleans.

Very happy with my decision
    You should hang out with eDush

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    The more times you say this does not make it any less bull ****. But if you are indeed sincere (and make no mistake you have no basis for comparison so you don't know how you would react) and think you would be in the Clip stands booing him, you'd be the only one.
    Good post. It is complete horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I think it's often difficult to discern what 'hate' means over the internet.

For example - from a basketball standpoint, I 'hate' Draymond Green. The sole reason is because of his comments towards the Cavs and the fans.

Other than that, he's cool with me. Seems to be the type of dude that I'd get along with.

I question KD's competitive nature and think it's fair that some people think he's a *****, but other than that it doesn't bother me.

LeBron annoys me with his antics, and in a weird way I'll be relieved once he retires and we can move past him. Despite that, I can't help but appreciate his talent and dedication to bringing a championship to Cleveland. Not only that, but he has done a lot of things for Cleveland and I feel like I understand him.

LaVar Ball can be annoying but I got an uncle like him, so I have no bad feelings towards him.

Bogut's illegal screens are so blatantly horrible and utterly game-breaking when he's playing for the Warriors, but it wouldn't seem bad when he's playing for MY team and EVERYONE ELSE does it too.

That's just the mentality most fans will have with players regarding refereeing, so I definitely agree with you there Scoots.
    Yeah, LeBron's passive aggressive stuff and his "who me" act on the court when something happens with him bug me, but anybody who questions his talent really hasn't been paying attention.

You know, I think I finally understand some of the KD haters from this year. KD and the Warriors could win without joining the same team, and LeBron could win without the cheap shots both on and off the court. So what's the point.

I think KD wanted to play a certain style of the game and the only stable team he could join that played that way was the Warriors, and he knew full well he'd catch some flack for it and didn't give a damn.

Bogut's illegal screens, when they were called, stopped immediately. It's just that they were not usually called. The man is a basketball genius who doesn't usually get his due respect ... but a lot of that is because of what the injuries took from him. It's kind of amazing that he's managed to stay in the NBA as long as he has with significant numbness and nerve damage in his shooting arm.

Ball has already taken a little step back. Now the biggest issue with Lonzo is the Lakers fans all on his D when he's done nothing yet. It's like they've been taking lessons from LaVar.

I've always appreciated the guys who got by on guile in the NBA. Rodman, Stockton, Mullin, etc. They were great players only because they maximized the grey areas in the game ... just like Draymond does ... too short, too fat, too slow, can't shoot ... All NBA, DPOY, 2 titles, and can still list all of the players drafted before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I agree. I'd love how good we are but I'd never debate or defend KD for what he did.

The Truth Hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Make no mistake, there will NEVER be a basis for comparison for the kind of trans op KD achieved nor do I need one when the act goes against the very essence of my soul to the highest degree. I've never been ****ed in the *** either but Im pretty sure thats off the table for life in terms of enjoyment.

And since you seem so worried about me being alone, you should remember Im a Clippers fan and I'm used to being out numbered in my own building. Remember, Im the guy that mocked the dub fans that day, I actually talked to quite a few of your ilk about if they feel alil dirty from the defection and you'd be surprised at some of the answers I got. Im sure the Laker fans in the arena would cheer for KD but I know of quite a few die hards who wouldn't, hes that much of a *****.
    Last edited by Rush; 07-22-2017 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Edited out unnecessary portion.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast