Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

What are the odds they are moved

What would you rank the % that the following are gone by deadline?

-JD Martinez (90%)
    -Justin Wilson (70%)
    -Alex Avila (50%)
    -Jose Igleasias (30%)
    -Justin Verlander (20%)
    -Alex Wilson (10%)
    -Ian Kinsler (10%)
    -Miguel Cabrera (1%)

In the end, I bet JD and Wilson gone. I'd love to see Al Al get something for his son but not seeing it. If we don't add at least 2 top 100% prospects, I will be disappointed.

I don't think anyone but JD and Wilson will be traded. JV maybe...probability under 10% though. Not only bcause of his contract but also due to his no trade clause.

JD is a sure bet (near 100% lock) and Wilson is close behind (I'd bump up Wilson to 80%, though I would not be mad if they kept him around). I am also 100% skeptical that Avila could even pull this off right.

Well, if JD truly wasn't traded, then it's a good idea to say he was pulled for injury concerns, which absolutely increases his value!

Avila will be traded 100%

JD will be kept if a team doesn't offer up a top prospect since we can offer him a qualifying offer and get a 1st round pick when he declines.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Avila will be traded 100%

JD will be kept if a team doesn't offer up a top prospect since we can offer him a qualifying offer and get a 1st round pick when he declines.

Unfortunately, I think things are different now after 2017 season in that the Tigers are over tax threshold. Best they would get is a 3rd rd pick. Dumbass Avila needs to get going on this trading business. Now JD pulled out for back tightness.....Al Al is going to muck up this deadline and the Tigers will be horrendous for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    Unfortunately, I think things are different now after 2017 season in that the Tigers are over tax threshold. Best they would get is a 3rd rd pick. Dumbass Avila needs to get going on this trading business. Now JD pulled out for back tightness.....Al Al is going to muck up this deadline and the Tigers will be horrendous for a long time.
    Really? I've never heard about that. Well ****.

Time for a Tigers 10 game winning streak and become buyers!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Really? I've never heard about that. Well ****.

Time for a Tigers 10 game winning streak and become buyers!!!!!
    Even worse than I thought (Per MLB.com)

Because the Tigers, as luxury-tax payers, can't get higher than a pick between the fourth and fifth rounds as compensation for Martinez should he sign elsewhere this offseason, he's pretty much certain to be dealt (which is why people freaked out when he left Monday night's game as a precaution with mild back tightness).

Houston & Detroit in talks about BOTH Verlander & Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Houston & Detroit in talks about BOTH Verlander & Wilson.
    Verlander and peacock is a deadly duo...