Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Panthers GM Dave Gettleman relieved of duties

Wow. It will be interesting to see the fallout from this and why exactly he was let go a week before training camp opens.

http://m.panthers.com/news/article-2...8-50e52943984c

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I thought the Panthers would be an elite team again this year, and take their division back. Now it just seems that they're a team in a state of flux.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I thought the Panthers would be an elite team again this year, and take their division back. Now it just seems that they're a team in a state of flux.

Yeah it's kinda strange thought he was doing a pretty good job building the Panthers.

Lol. That's it. Lol.

PROCESSING

Poor MBC. Hopefully he comes in here and gives a Panthers fans point of view. The timing of this is just mind blowing to me.

I don't see how firing a GM would affect that really. The team building is done. It does seems there's some disorganization done but the talent has been assembled already.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I don't see how firing a GM would affect that really. The team building is done. It does seems there's some disorganization done but the talent has been assembled already.
    Of course the talent is there, but there can be done wide ranging effects of this.... Doesn't mean there will be, but there could be.

wtf...

We finally get a legit top 10 GM who is great with money, great at winning negotiations, an above average drafter, and probably one of the best at finding bargains in FA and we throw it away one year removed from a 17-2 season. We let Hurney **** on this team for almost a decade.

What's even worse is we literally just lost Beane. Rumors are that it's because all the butthurt vets crying about being released or not being given contracts. So instead of being competitive and schrewd we can now be a nice and annual 8-8 team.

Poor MBC. Hopefully he comes in here and gives a Panthers fans point of view. The timing of this is just mind blowing to me.

My point of view is that Richardson needs to die or let go of the team. This is so ****ing stupid. We deserve whatever purgatory of mediocre we land in after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    From all reports he and Rivera really worked well together. Now you have a scenario where a new GM may scrap a successful staff. The core of the team is solid, but DG finding studs and solid contributors on cheap contracts has been huge for this team. All the rotating DBs, guys like Remmers, Larson, and Norwell on the OL, lots of chap contracts.

Basically Richardson is selfish and wants a SB before he dies and is making brash decisions.

@AdamSchefter

Since start of year, Panthers have lost:

*President (resigned)
    *GM (fired)
    *Asst GM (resigned)
    *DC (resigned)

Quite an offseason.

Go bring your buddy in coughlin

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Jerry Richardson is a confused old man. This was the most disastrous move in franchise history.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    We finally get a legit top 10 GM who is great with money, great at winning negotiations, an above average drafter, and probably one of the best at finding bargains in FA and we throw it away one year removed from a 17-2 season. We let Hurney **** on this team for almost a decade.

What's even worse is we literally just lost Beane. Rumors are that it's because all the butthurt vets crying about being released or not being given contracts. So instead of being competitive and schrewd we can now be a nice and annual 8-8 team.

My point of view is that Richardson needs to die or let go of the team. This is so ****ing stupid. We deserve whatever purgatory of mediocre we land in after this year.
    Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Totally agree on JJR. He's a vegetable running this team with an iron fist. Maybe he can make Steve Smith team president and Thomas Davis a player/GM since he's so worried about a couple of old ****ing players not getting their feelings hurt. **** em.

@DeAngeloRB I want to publicly say @Panthers is off my list of teams I won't play for due to the firing of that snake Dave gettleman! [emoji41][emoji41][emoji1419][emoji1421]

Man a lot of former Panthers don't like DG lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast