• 3: Keep the hot streak going

3 60.00%
Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

7/17-7/19: Cubs (46-45) at Braves (45-45) IGT

Chicago Cubs vs. Atlanta Braves

vs.

Pitching Matchups:
    Monday, 7/17 @ 6:35 PM
    Jon Lester (5-6, 4.25 ERA) vs. Julio Teheran (7-6, 4.79 ERA)
    vs.
    TV: WGN/Radio: 670 The Score

Tuesday, 7/18 @ 6:35 PM
    John Lackey (5-9, 5.20 ERA) vs. Sean Newcomb (1-4, 4.26 ERA)
    vs.
    TV: CSN Chicago/Radio: 670 The Score

Wednesday, 7/19 @ 11:10 AM
    Mike Montgomery (1-6, 4.01 ERA) vs. R.A. Dickey (6-5, 4.08 ERA)
    vs.
    TV: CSN Chicago, MLB Network (out of market only)/Radio: 670 The Score

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

With these matchups, lucky to win 1 out of 3.

With that said, sweep easy.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

It's possible we already took this turn but it was a midseason Braves series where our fortunes changed course a full decade ago:

::checks calendar::

I can't believe this **** was 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    It's possible we already took this turn but it was a midseason Braves series where our fortunes changed course a full decade ago:

::checks calendar::

I can't believe this **** was 10 years ago.
    holy ****. Time really does fly

#FlyTheW

God I cannot wait until Lackey gets DFA and Montgomery moves back to the bullpen, where's he actually effective and his value is incredibly high. Totally fine with these 5 for the next 3 years.

Lester
    Q
    Hendricks
    Arrieta (if money is right)
    Free Agent

Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    God I cannot wait until Lackey gets DFA and Montgomery moves back to the bullpen, where's he actually effective and his value is incredibly high. Totally fine with these 5 for the next 3 years.

Lester
    Q
    Hendricks
    Free Agent
    Except this will never be. If Arrieta is in the rotation, he is the free agent.
    More like: Lester, Q., Hendricks FA pitcher(Arrieta, maybe?) and pitcher from trade.

I also do not understand why you cannot wait until Lackey is DFA. Shouldn't a Cubs fan hope he doesn't have to be DFA? Wouldn't that mean you were hoe did well, instead of your hope that he fails.

Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post

Lester
    Q
    Hendricks
    Free Agent
    Highly doubt Cubs are going to DFA Lackey. He's most likely going to be our 5th starter for the rest of the season. Butler will go down to Iowa, Monty will get moved back to the bullpen and Hendricks is also going to be activated from DL and slot in as our #3 or #4

#FlyTheW

Pretty huge start for Lester tonight considering his last start and who's going the next two games.
    Let's keep scoring 8+ runs and go from there.

It goes without saying but my hope is that Monty has a good game and his stuff is back to where it typically is and he wins the 5th starting spot provided of course Lackey doesn't miraculously return to 2016 form.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

I think Lackey is going to get back to being servicable. He's not the guy he was, but many of his peripherals are in line with career norms. He's probably more a 5 than anything, but I think barring health, he can remain a decent 5 the rest of the season.
    1st Place...the only place that matters

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I think Lackey is going to get back to being servicable. He's not the guy he was, but many of his peripherals are in line with career norms. He's probably more a 5 than anything, but I think barring health, he can remain a decent 5 the rest of the season.
    This is how I feel about him too, but if Monty can win the job I'd still prefer that simply due to the higher upside and possible long-term benefits.

That said, if Monty throws another stinker I'm fine with Lackey as the 5 for now. Despite the crappy results I don't really think he's throwing much worse than Jason Hammel was last year.

Could tomorrow or the start after that be Lackey's last start as a Cub??

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Could tomorrow or the start after that be Lackey's last start as a Cub??
    Without a trade or a really fantastic start from Monty (which, not sure how much one start changes the plans at this point), highly unlikely.

I have a really hard time thinking the Cubs might DFA Lackey. I think it's more likely he falls into the 5th starter role for the rest of the year, and Monty goes to the bullpen where he can help us more than 1 every 5th game (hopefully.) It will be interesting how Lackey responds to not being on the playoff roster though, assuming all others are healthy and we don't carry a 5th starter.

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    I have a really hard time thinking the Cubs might DFA Lackey. I think it's more likely he falls into the 5th starter role for the rest of the year, and Monty goes to the bullpen where he can help us more than 1 every 5th game (hopefully.) It will be interesting how Lackey responds to not being on the playoff roster though, assuming all others are healthy and we don't carry a 5th starter.
    It really doesn't matter how he responds, but people need to remember that just because he's a hothead doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad teammate or unprofessional and understanding of the way the business works.

But at that point, okay, even if he threw the hissiest of hissy fits or whatever, the Cubs don't even need to have him in the clubhouse at that point if he was to be a baby about it.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast