Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    An actually successful press conference... Wtf is the world coming too
    Give a starving man a cracker and he'll think it's the best damn cracker he ever ate

I just watched the video now damm they sounded scared there I guess Mills finally knows what Phil went through last 3 years lol.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

TEAM TANK

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Give a starving man a cracker and he'll think it's the best damn cracker he ever ate
    Was that Ritz!? That wasn't no regular cracker!

Quote Originally Posted by IDunknown View Post
    I thought they fired the cracker....

im happy they didnt make any promises this first year, really rebuild. be great with cheap contracts, then bring in the superstars after a few years. We really need that #1 Draft.

I'm not sold on that conference sry I just don't see media letting this guy stay here for next 3+ years.

TEAM TANK

Quote Originally Posted by IDunknown View Post

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    I thought they fired the cracker....

Hopefully Scott Perry can connect the dots...and restore this team...

Scott said they will be adding a veteran pg in the next couple weeks. I guess that's the window to trade melo

I also like that Horny made the same comments but even stronger.
    “We want to try to establish an identity. The identity has to become defense first,” Hornacek said.

“We have to also try to develop a mentality for them, that desire to get a stop. It’s not, ‘OK, he scored that time, I’ll guard him next time.’ You should be embarrassed. You should feel, ‘That guy can’t score on me.’ That’s the mentality you have every time you’re guarding the guy with the ball.”

“We’re going to do some things this year a little bit different than last year, in terms of something internally that guys will be able to see,” Hornacek said. “We want to be a team that’s scrappy, a team that’s diving on balls, taking charges. We didn’t do a whole lot of that last year, especially taking charges. … We want to become a team that does that. That’s how you win ballgames. We’re not going to go out and outscore teams. We want to get back to the type of defense that the guys are putting it out there every single night. There’s going to be nights you don’t shoot the ball very well. You can still win games. That’s the mentality we have to start with.”

Me7o does not sound part of the plan. Either that or he is in for a rude awakening when he's treated like every other player and his playing time will be based on defense effort.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I'm not sold on that conference sry I just don't see media letting this guy stay here for next 3+ years.

because the media got Layden, Isiah, Walsh, and Grunwald fired...

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I also like that Horny made the same comments but even stronger.
    “We want to try to establish an identity. The identity has to become defense first,” Hornacek said.

“We have to also try to develop a mentality for them, that desire to get a stop. It’s not, ‘OK, he scored that time, I’ll guard him next time.’ You should be embarrassed. You should feel, ‘That guy can’t score on me.’ That’s the mentality you have every time you’re guarding the guy with the ball.”

“We’re going to do some things this year a little bit different than last year, in terms of something internally that guys will be able to see,” Hornacek said. “We want to be a team that’s scrappy, a team that’s diving on balls, taking charges. We didn’t do a whole lot of that last year, especially taking charges. … We want to become a team that does that. That’s how you win ballgames. We’re not going to go out and outscore teams. We want to get back to the type of defense that the guys are putting it out there every single night. There’s going to be nights you don’t shoot the ball very well. You can still win games. That’s the mentality we have to start with.”

Me7o does not sound part of the plan. Either that or he is in for a rude awakening when he's treated like every other player and his playing time will be based on defense effort.
    This is the NY mentality. This is what we want to see. This is why ultimately Frank may just be better for Knicks and NY.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post

How people forget. The Knicks have tons of great press conferences. I would say the Knicks are the best when it comes to introductory press conferences. The media right now is flying high off of their win in getting Jackson out, like many others before him. It doesn't take the media long to turn on them. As soon as the losses pile up and they start building that KP wants to leave NY rhetoric they will attack Mills and Perry.

An introductory presser is pretty hard to screw up. The test comes when the losses come and Knicks fans and media are demanding to compete (despite most Knicks fans never having seen a championship). Honestly keeping Melo might be the best decision they make because when the L's (as I hope they do) he can be the scapegoat for the media to try and run out of town next. Melo can finally serve a purpose and be the sacrificial lamb for Perry, Mills, and KP (although I hope they still trade Melo obviously). My biggest fear is Melo stays has one last f/u year and we get into the playoffs and a bad draft pick after being swept out, then we miss our chance at adding one more critical young building block - doomed to another decade of being just a borderline playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    How people forget. The Knicks have tons of great press conferences. I would say the Knicks are the best when it comes to introductory press conferences. The media right now is flying high off of their win in getting Jackson out, like many others before him. It doesn't take the media long to turn on them. As soon as the losses pile up and they start building that KP wants to leave NY rhetoric they will attack Mills and Perry.

An introductory presser is pretty hard to screw up. The test comes when the losses come and Knicks fans and media are demanding to compete (despite most Knicks fans never having seen a championship). Honestly keeping Melo might be the best decision they make because when the L's (as I hope they do) he can be the scapegoat for the media to try and run out of town next. Melo can finally serve a purpose and be the sacrificial lamb for Perry, Mills, and KP (although I hope they still trade Melo obviously). My biggest fear is Melo stays has one last f/u year and we get into the playoffs and a bad draft pick after being swept out, then we miss our chance at adding one more critical young building block - doomed to another decade of being just a borderline playoff team.
    I expect Jeff to be fired by deadline and it's not even going to be about winning or losing they're going to use the narrative that knicks are horrible at defense because of lacking of coaching take a couple of quotes from players and with melo in town it won't be that difficult.

TEAM TANK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast