Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    2020 pick isn't anything special. Unless Harden and CP3 regress like this season on out or they all bolt for banana boat elsewhere.
    yea but the knicks need to rebuild even if its a late pick its better then nothing. its that anderson deal they cant take on

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    So far it seems most teams don't want Ryan Anderson. So Rockets don't have much else to offer even if Ariza, Gordon, Capela are off the table.
    Houston already shot its load to get Paul. I would rather wait for New York to get desperate and buy Anthony out. Houston would probably have first dibs to pick him up, especially with LeBron not recruiting for Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Houston already shot its load to get Paul. I would rather wait for New York to get desperate and buy Anthony out. Houston would probably have first dibs to pick him up, especially with LeBron not recruiting for Cleveland.
    NY isn't buying out Melo, Houston's on the clock I think Mills mission is to convince Melo to expand his list or hope the Cavs come up with a better trade offer!

I like this signing but I'm not sure what is threadworthy anymore. We have this thread this, Ben Simmons making a couple shots in practice, Jamal Crawford, Dedmon, yet no thread when The Clippers got Gallo or the best player in Europe Milos. However, since I'm in here there is something I want to know about Houston....why are they trying to get Melo and who could they possibly be trading for him? I have to imagine Ryan Anderson is in the deal. I know Melo is a WAY better player but isn't Anderson a WAY better fit with The Rockets? How can The Rockets build off last season if they bring in players that don't fit the system in any way? On the topic of the thread...I really like this signing. I think Houston looks great on paper right now. I think they have really improved their D with Tucker and Mbah a Moute. Where are the minutes for them if Melo is brought in? I think they would look worse with Melo. I think people are severely underrating how much of a prick CP3 can be to his teammates if it is assumed he will work fine with players who play D like Harden and Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    They are not going to buy him out ... they will wait him out.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I like this signing but I'm not sure what is threadworthy anymore. We have this thread this, Ben Simmons making a couple shots in practice, Jamal Crawford, Dedmon, yet no thread when The Clippers got Gallo or the best player in Europe Milos. However, since I'm in here there is something I want to know about Houston....why are they trying to get Melo and who could they possibly be trading for him? I have to imagine Ryan Anderson is in the deal. I know Melo is a WAY better player but isn't Anderson a WAY better fit with The Rockets? How can The Rockets build off last season if they bring in players that don't fit the system in any way? On the topic of the thread...I really like this signing. I think Houston looks great on paper right now. I think they have really improved their D with Tucker and Mbah a Moute. Where are the minutes for them if Melo is brought in? I think they would look worse with Melo. I think people are severely underrating how much of a prick CP3 can be to his teammates if it is assumed he will work fine with players who play D like Harden and Melo.
    Threadworthy is a mystery to me too. I figure if someone wants to make the thread and the responses are on topic might as well leave it there. If there is no interest and it doesn't fill with trolls it'll drop off the first page soon enough.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

Well this is exactly the reason Houston won't give up anything more than Anderson. I think he fits fine at the 4 in the Rocket's system. He shoots pretty comparably to Anderson given the same opportunities. And he is more versatile offensively. But anything more than anderson makes them worse

As for this being thread worthy, I agree. I'm a Rockets fan and I have no opinion on the signing. I doubt any non-rockets fans do. Teams signing 10th men aren't thread worthy imo
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    You think there's any chance this means their willing to include ariza for Melo now? They seem to be struggling to finalize and Ariza could the piece to push it in their favor. With this signing and Tucker they have some defensive cover at the 3 now.
    I doubt it but you never know, I would feel having a 3 headed wing monster is the only way to try and contain a team as high powered as the Warriors and you could throw Ariza/Tucker/Moute at KD and outside of Tucker the other 2 can at least put a effort against Klay/Curry with CP3 there to do his best at Curry, it doesn't get any better equipped than that outside of a Lebron/T Allen duo to try and matchup with the Dubs, hell even Lebron cant contain KD for most part only he can match him offensively which makes it a wash since KD cant contain him either

if the Rockets can get Melo without giving up a combo of Gordon/Ariza/Capela it will pose a threat to Dubs but probably will come up short in a barn burner 6 game set, time will tell if it all comes together but I would like to see it happen from a competitive standpoint, that is a lot of starpower to get big ratings for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They are not going to buy him out ... they will wait him out.
    pretty sure they will if he opts out of next year... probably wouldn't even have to discount this year that much to get them to do it....

This is a great pick up

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

.220/.260/.382
    A-BOMBS: 8
    RBI:28

no way he can sustain his 3 point shooting from last year, but it gives the Rockets yet another defender that can switch on picks and guard a couple of different positions, which you need to be able to do in order to guard GS/Cleveland.

For the minimum, nice pickup, even though it won't mean anything in the win column over the course of the year.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I made a Moute thread a long time ago back when he was with the Bucks and it got moved to the Bucks forum. That's how things go. hahahah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12