Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mbah a Moute headed to Rockets

Houston has added another tough, versatile defender:
    Free agent Luc Mbah a Moute has reached an agreement with the Houston Rockets, league sources tell ESPN.
    - Chris Haynes, ESPN

Any word on how much and does this effect them getting Melo?

I love this signing. Another guy like Tucker who knows his role and do the dirty work for them.

They still need a backup PG, but those guys are a dime a dozen and the rules nowadays make it easier for fringe nba players at the 1 to be effective in that role.

They need a third star if they want to compete with GS, but this is a good signing anyway for them, they also need enforcers from the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Any word on how much and does this effect them getting Melo?
    It's for the veteran minimum, and it should have zero impact on their chances to get Melo.

Good replacement if they strike out on Melo

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    It's for the veteran minimum, and it should have zero impact on their chances to get Melo.
    You think there's any chance this means their willing to include ariza for Melo now? They seem to be struggling to finalize and Ariza could the piece to push it in their favor. With this signing and Tucker they have some defensive cover at the 3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    You think there's any chance this means their willing to include ariza for Melo now? They seem to be struggling to finalize and Ariza could the piece to push it in their favor. With this signing and Tucker they have some defensive cover at the 3 now.
    I kinda doubt it. I honestly think Ariza is a big piece of the reason why Paul came to Houston, and he's very close with James. As crazy as it sounds, I think Gordon or Capela would be dealt before Trevor, even though I think they're both superior players. But, personally, if it meant that the Rockets could get Melo, I would have no qualms whatsoever with Ariza getting dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I kinda doubt it. I honestly think Ariza is a big piece of the reason why Paul came to Houston, and he's very close with James. As crazy as it sounds, I think Gordon or Capela would be dealt before Trevor, even though I think they're both superior players. But, personally, if it meant that the Rockets could get Melo, I would have no qualms whatsoever with Ariza getting dealt.
    It would be tough for you guys to lose either of Gordon or Capella. Ariza has the length you guys need to match up with the warriors. Capella is too important to pair with Melo when you play small ball. As tough as it would be to lose that extra scoring punch and creator I'd have to say Gordon is the odd man out even tho he's probably the most talented of the 3. But yea if were in your situation I'd say the same add all the top end talent you can and then figure out the other pieces after.

Great signing was hoping he would follow cp3, the 2 have great chemistry and he's capable of being the small ball 4 who can hit wide open shots if he has like 3 seconds for his wind up

I'm not seeing the importance of Eric Gordon tho, they should flip him if they can get Melo

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I'm not seeing the importance of Eric Gordon tho, they should flip him if they can get Melo
    Gordon was huge for the Rockets last season. He's probably the best pure shooter on the roster, he was the second best shot creator on the team behind Harden and his defense was above average. Adding Paul certainly makes Gordon's role a little less significant, but losing Gordon would still absolutely be a massive blow. He's instant offense off the bench, and if they lose Anderson in a Melo deal, I don't think they can afford to lose him, too. They need as many quality 3-point shooters in the rotation as they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Great signing was hoping he would follow cp3, the 2 have great chemistry and he's capable of being the small ball 4 who can hit wide open shots if he has like 3 seconds for his wind up
    He kept the offense humming when Harden left the floor. He's not quite as important now that one of Harden or Paul can always be on the court, but Gordon's still a deadly offensive option. Houston would be smart to keep him, especially after losing Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    He kept the offense humming when Harden left the floor. He's not quite as important now that one of Harden or Paul can always be on the court, but Gordon's still a deadly offensive option. Houston would be smart to keep him, especially after losing Williams.
    So far it seems most teams don't want Ryan Anderson. So Rockets don't have much else to offer even if Ariza, Gordon, Capela are off the table.

They can trade 2020 first round pick.

Mbah a Moute seems like he's not really special at anything but he's not bad either. Good role player.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

2020 pick isn't anything special. Unless Harden and CP3 regress like this season on out or they all bolt for banana boat elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast