Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    if you are ever having a bad day, or down on yourself, pay a visit to Walmart. Your self confidence will shoot through the roof
    LOL. My fear is if I visit Wal-Mart I will cause someone else's confidence to shoot through the roof lol.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    How would you know that, Republicans never done that...

The whole thing is funny to me because it just sounds like Republicans having sour grapes that minorities repeatedly vote Democrat. Can you really be surprised?

"I have no idea why minorities are voting for the opposition despite me not agreeing with them on any issue!"

Like really, how can you be surprised?
    And what have Democrats done for the black community? Just about every warzone city is under Democrat control. Democrat mayors, judges, police chiefs and prosecutors. Yet the warzones still exist and the jails/prisons stay full.

I use to laugh at this when I was a liberal but as I became honest with myself I found it to be true. Talking about welfare and the impact it had on the black nuclear family. We replaced black fathers with welfare and then imported millions of low wage workers from central/south America. All while offshoring living wage manufacturing jobs.

Now there's a permanent underclass in ghettos across the nation where gun violence rules the streets. Absolute cultural decay. It hit white people too but they mostly turn to drugs/alcohol.

Democrats and Republicans have overseen this mess. It's not really a partisan issue. It's mostly an economic/cultural issue. Racism has an impact but it's not the driving force behind the state many African Americans find themselves in. Millions of white people are also in poverty, stuck with next to nothing.

I imagine a good counter balance would be to watch the Documentary and then immediately watch the John Oliver segment on Charter Schools. They started as good ideas and many are very beneficial but as the number of charter schools has exploded so too has the corruption.

Which really goes back to my overarching point where as soon as you introduce profit into anything it ceases becoming about whatever the original subject was and becomes solely about making money.

For profit schools mean make money first, actually educate kids a distant second.
    Problem is, too many public school teachers have begun to force critical pedagogy which should have no place in our classrooms. It's political brainwashing.

Anyhow, most of the best schools in our nation are private schools. From kindergarten to the university level.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    And what have Democrats done for the black community? Just about every warzone city is under Democrat control. Democrat mayors, judges, police chiefs and prosecutors. Yet the warzones still exist and the jails/prisons stay full.

I use to laugh at this when I was a liberal but as I became honest with myself I found it to be true. Talking about welfare and the impact it had on the black nuclear family. We replaced black fathers with welfare and then imported millions of low wage workers from central/south America. All while offshoring living wage manufacturing jobs.

Now there's a permanent underclass in ghettos across the nation where gun violence rules the streets. Absolute cultural decay. It hit white people too but they mostly turn to drugs/alcohol.

Democrats and Republicans have overseen this mess. It's not really a partisan issue. It's mostly an economic/cultural issue. Racism has an impact but it's not the driving force behind the state many African Americans find themselves in. Millions of white people are also in poverty, stuck with next to nothing.
    See I agree with almost all of this and said as much. My point is Democrats may do nothing to help the black community, but they aren't overtly campaigning to denigrate and hurt it either.

Is it really so hard to wonder why black people vote democrat even though neither democrats or republicans help black communities when republicans are waving confederate flags and saying we both sides are responsible for a white supremacist murdering somebody?

I'm saying, optically, black people are going to side with the party that isn't overtly offending them.

Antifa violence escalated violence from white nationalists so yes, both parties were responsible.

So was the mayor for allowing the two groups to come in contact with each other.

Anytime someone need someone to explain to them why Blacks pick democrats over the republicans have not been paying attention to how these parties treat Blacks and their issues.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Anytime someone need someone to explain to them why Blacks pick democrats over the republicans have not been paying attention to how these parties treat Blacks and their issues.
    Yep. Trump has shown us all what we had to lose. Black or white by supporting him. Voting right, New Deal and Great Society programs with proven success in helping poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yep. Trump has shown us all what we had to lose. Black or white by supporting him. Voting right, New Deal and Great Society programs with proven success in helping poor people.
    I'm not sure if welfare helped everyone. It seems like it had a very negative impact on the nuclear family. The data sure points that way.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    I'm not sure if welfare helped everyone. It seems like it had a very negative impact on the nuclear family. The data sure points that way.
    You can draw a causal link there? Are you God hamburger?

BTW I loved writing the absurdity of that second sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    You can draw a causal link there? Are you God hamburger?

BTW I loved writing the absurdity of that second sentence.
    I could be the lord of hamburgers. Quite an accomplishment. lol

On a serous note, there's a correlation between welfare in the 1960's and the decline of the black nuclear family but that doesn't necessarily imply causation.

The data is the data. I guess all that matters is how people interpret it.

On a serous note, there's a correlation between welfare in the 1960's and the decline of the black nuclear family but that doesn't necessarily imply causation.

i prefer to focus on causation rather than simply correlation. The crackdown on specific types of drug use that is more prevalent among the black community and the imprisonment of black men at an alarming rate is much more likely to be the cause of the issue you're describing.

Which really goes back to my overarching point where as soon as you introduce profit into anything it ceases becoming about whatever the original subject was and becomes solely about making money.
    Actually, that's far too simple a position to be so concrete about. Car companies are all about profits, but they make better and better cars because they are forced to compete in an industry where the buyer is HUGELY informed. If they made a worse product or got a bad reputation, earned or not, their sales suffer.

Large and small businesses selling widgets or educating people are all out to make a profit, yes, but the best ones make a larger profit with volume and they do that by selling a better product or selling it cheaper, and the very best both sell a great product at a good price and STILL make a sizeable product.

The issue with all the other systems are that of motivation. How do you motivate someone who does not have profit, advancement, or productivity as a goal. That is the issue with government run businesses and with unions.

I had a chance to join a union at 18, I've been saying for years that I wish I had. Not because I wouldn't have had to work hard, but I wouldn't have had to work AS hard. I've been working side by side with a lot of great union employees for essentially my whole career. They are good, hard working people, but the vast majority of non-union employees I've worked with have hustled just a little more than the vast majority of union employees have. Union employees are NOT lazy as a standard ... they are just a little less driven. Non-union employees are much more likely to stay 10 more minutes to get the work done today rather than finish it in the morning. Non-union employees are far more likely to not use all of their vacation/pto days. Of course, I see the merits of the creation of the unions and the security and simplicity of their administration ... but you can't deny all the negatives either.

Of course, I have no idea what all this has to do with Social Justice or Feminism.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

What's your favorite type of hamburger hamburger?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    What's your favorite type of hamburger hamburger?
    Mighty Fine.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.

What do you mean that there is a correlation between single parent families and wellfare? No **** there is. You studied economics? And you are gonna bring that weak *** **** in here? Hmmmmm what is the other possible reason why single income families are more likely to be on welfare. Oh yeah single income. Really... you just gonna hammer that to fit your worldview?

Now I'm not saying that welfare might not be a bad thing (in fact I'm sure a subset of the population is dis-motivated by it I just don't think it's a big one.)... but if that's what you got you aint got ****.
    Last edited by flips333; 09-16-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast