That's the one thing he absolutely does not have, ha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

.220/.260/.382
    A-BOMBS: 8
    RBI:28

Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    Well one of them is young

One is middle aged and in what most people would consider a peak age
    25 is not middle aged. 27 is considered peak.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    So is 21>25 which is the age they entered this season at lol

Judge was *** last year and wasn't even great in AAA...he has to do this again next season before I'm a believer

Wait till Bellinger is 25
    Who cares what he did last season? He was a rookie that appeared in 27 games and didn't hit well. That's not surprising. He's also been a highly rated prospect, like Bellinger. Not everyone develops at the same pace. Just because one is older doesn't necessarily make them inferior.

You diss Judge for playing "like ***" last season in 27 games and say he didn't play well in AAA. It seems like you're inferring that Bellinger is better because he performed better in AAA, which he did. But only in 18 games. If that's the case you can't use one small sample size while discounting another.

Bellinger is the same age as Jeff Francoeur, both highly ranked prospects (#14 in Baseball America's 2005 top 100) when he started off great. That career didn't end like some thought it would.

A poster said Bellinger is better than Judge, which most assume to mean currently, which is false. Now it may be a different answer if the question is who will provide better results several years from now or who will be better at the end of their careers. Bellinger may very well be the correct answer there.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Other than power what does Judge have over Bellinger? Cody has the total package.
    Total package, eh? He hits for average? He plays a premium position? He steals bases?

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Total package, eh? He hits for average? He plays a premium position? He steals bases?
    Are any of those skills as impressive as Dodger homerism?

I didn't think so.

Welp he's definitely better than I originally said. But this is still such a weak era for prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    No... Judge has been a good amount better. Going into today, Judge's OPS was .176 higher than Bellinger's. That's massive.
    His BABIP is also 120 points higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    25 is not middle aged. 27 is considered peak.

Who cares what he did last season? He was a rookie that appeared in 27 games and didn't hit well. That's not surprising. He's also been a highly rated prospect, like Bellinger. Not everyone develops at the same pace. Just because one is older doesn't necessarily make them inferior.

You diss Judge for playing "like ***" last season in 27 games and say he didn't play well in AAA. It seems like you're inferring that Bellinger is better because he performed better in AAA, which he did. But only in 18 games. If that's the case you can't use one small sample size while discounting another.

Bellinger is the same age as Jeff Francoeur, both highly ranked prospects (#14 in Baseball America's 2005 top 100) when he started off great. That career didn't end like some thought it would.

A poster said Bellinger is better than Judge, which most assume to mean currently, which is false. Now it may be a different answer if the question is who will provide better results several years from now or who will be better at the end of their careers. Bellinger may very well be the correct answer there.
    Judge was never rated as highly as Bellinger (though all those rating systems are ultimately subjective)
    Bellinger's AAA sample size is irrelevant in discussing Judge's performance in AAA. (though judges 27 games in the majors don't really matter much)

Can we just admit that they both have completely busted onto the scene extremely successfully, in big markets no less.

And it's way too early in their careers to even begin to determine which juan of them is more valuable?

For all we know Judge turns into Stanton and has to deal with major injuries all too often, or Belly turns into Mark Fidrych and never matches his rookie numbers.

^ agreed. I like them both and they've both been impressive as hell. Shoot me.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Are any of those skills as impressive as Dodger homerism?

I didn't think so.
    Careful now. That could get you a ban from the MLB forum.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    You have a history of reading way too deeply in to BABIP.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

A lot of that is because he has among the highest hardest hit %s in the league. That ridiculous average exit velocity is testament to how well he is squaring up the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Bellinger is the face of baseball now, obvi...

In all seriousness...it's wayyyyyyy too early to claim Judge or Bellinger is better. We don't even know how either of them will perform late in the season yet, when **** matters most.

Agree. We must not be Dodgers or Yankees fans.

Judge was never rated as highly as Bellinger (though all those rating systems are ultimately subjective)
    Bellinger's AAA sample size is irrelevant in discussing Judge's performance in AAA. (though judges 27 games in the majors don't really matter much)
    Oh I know he wasn't rated as high, but still a top prospect.

I didn't bring up Judge's AAA numbers. I'm not comparing those. I'm just explaining that you can't use one small sample size but then dismiss the other's.

He hits the ball harder and hits more line drives. He has more than doubled Bellinger's fWAR in only 14 more games.

Judge has been a good amount better than Bellinger this year. This is coming from a Red Sox fan too, with absolutely nothing to gain from hyping Judge. Just look at the numbers, it honestly isn't close.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast