Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Non rabid fans talk about Aaron Judge, especially after the derby, around the proverbial water cooler.

No one talks about Mike Trout. Maybe aside from online forums where the hyper-fairness minded complain about "rated-ness" or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB13 View Post
    Non rabid fans talk about Aaron Judge, especially after the derby, around the proverbial water cooler.

No one talks about Mike Trout. Maybe aside from online forums where the hyper-fairness minded complain about "rated-ness" or whatever.
    Stop ****ing trolling in every post and try to actually join discussions. You're obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Stop ****ing trolling in every post and try to actually join discussions. You're obnoxious.
    Everything I said was true?

Everything I said was true?
    If it was, would you need to ask?

So you're saying the non-rabid fan could pick Trout's face out of a line-up?

Ya know, if I hadn't been baited about a dozen times in this thread before I even joined it, I probably would enter it a little more nicely.

I must have really ruffled some feathers among the usuals.

So you're saying the non-rabid fan could pick Trout's face out of a line-up?
    Why is it automatic that a non rabid fan could pick Judge's face out of a line up but not Trouts?

Did you see the Jimmy Fallon segment where self proclaimed Yankee fans didn't know who Judge was when he was sitting there talking to them?

There are plenty of casual baseball fans who know who Mike Trout is btw.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-16-2017 at 04:09 PM.

No he's not the face yet, but if he really is special he will be one of them soon. Honestly Trout wasn't the face of baseball either. He's the clear cut best in the game but he wasn't the face of baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by CTCUBBIES View Post
    What more does Kris Bryant have to do to get into this conversation? He's gone from College POY > Minor League POY > Rookie of the Year > MVP in consecutive years. He also led a major market team in breaking one of the most famous droughts in all of sports history. He's a good looking dude and seems to be a really likable person as well. Basically anyone saying it is already Judge over Trout, Kershaw, Bryant is basically saying "the face of baseball" has to play in NY.
    Well there's no check list of "things to do". He's an elite player with the looks, pedigree and curse breaking hardware to be there but he's not. Yore asking like we are ranking players and he's being overlooked.

If he's not the face of the game he's not the face of the game. Take that up with every person that watches baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Why is it automatic that a non rabid fan could pick Judge's face out of a line up but not Trouts?

Did you see the Jimmy Fallon segment where self proclaimed Yankee fans didn't know who Judge was when he was sitting there talking to them?

There are plenty of casual baseball fans who know who Mike Trout is btw.
    The derby was one of the biggest national baseball stories in years. That changed things quite a bit.

And no one knows who Mike Trout is. Why do you think his endorsement deals don't equal his talent? Because he's unmarketable. It's not because he's a nice, aw shucks kinda guy. It's because he's the media equivalent of oatmeal.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Harper is still probably the face of baseball honestly to the layman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The layman? It's a popularity contest intelligence has absolutely nothing to do with who's the most marketable.

Honestly what makes a player the face is who is the most marketable to the casual fan/ layperson anyways.

The derby was one of the biggest national baseball stories in years. That changed things quite a bit.

And no one knows who Mike Trout is. Why do you think his endorsement deals don't equal his talent? Because he's unmarketable. It's not because he's a nice, aw shucks kinda guy. It's because he's the media equivalent of oatmeal.
    The endorsement deals dont equal his talent because baseball is not the powerhouse the NFL and NBA are. It has nothing to do with his marketability, it has to do with the regionalization and the downturn in the popularity of the sport on a national level. Not to mention Trout has national endorsement deals with Subway, Nike (only active MLB player with his own signature shoe), BodyArmor, etc.

http://www.ibtimes.com/mlb-stars-get...es-why-2348181

I'll take Forbes and the International Business Time's word over yours which is ludicrous to begin with when you suggest no one knows who Mike Trout is.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-16-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The endorsement deals dont equal his talent because baseball is not the powerhouse the NFL and NBA are. It has nothing to do with his marketability, it has to do with the regionalization and the downturn in the popularity of the sport on a national level. Not to mention Trout has national endorsement deals with Subway, Nike (only active MLB player with his own signature shoe), BodyArmor, etc.

http://www.ibtimes.com/mlb-stars-get...es-why-2348181

I'll take Forbes and the International Business Time's word over yours which is ludicrous to begin with when you suggest no one knows who Mike Trout is.
    Sweet article from over a year ago.

Kris Bryant has the highest recognition rating of any MLB player as of this past off-season. Why should it not be Trout, who is the far superior player and has been for much longer?

Because he's unmarketable. I realize you don't find this fair, but reality often isn't.

Aaron Judge: the new face of baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    The layman? It's a popularity contest intelligence has absolutely nothing to do with who's the most marketable.

Honestly what makes a player the face is who is the most marketable to the casual fan/ layperson anyways.
    I don't believe I am saying otherwise.

When taking all that into account the only reasonable answer at this point to me is Harper.

Though Judge is creating an awful lot of noise and profiles as someone who could rival him as baseball's face.

Also take a look at the all star voting. Harper absolutely crushed the vote from what I recall seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DeW-Star; 07-16-2017 at 05:42 PM.
    Yankees Farm System

Sweet article from over a year ago.

Kris Bryant has the highest recognition rating of any MLB player as of this past off-season. Why should it not be Trout, who is the far superior player and has been for much longer?

Because he's unmarketable. I realize you don't find this fair, but reality often isn't.
    Lol, what? One home run derby doesn't change the fact that the sport is still not on the national level the NFL or NBA are or for that matter, is what it used to be. That's a fact, whether the article was written last year or last week.

Because the Cubs are more of a national story. Not winning the WS in 108 years, the MVP season he had, he has crossover appeal with females, etc. I'm not saying market size plays zero factor. The Cubs have a much broader audience than the Angels (I'm aware the Yankees have a larger audience than the Cubs btw).

I'm tempted not to continue this with you though if you're going to suggest someone with multiple endorsements from large companies like Nike, Subway, etc is "unmarketable". That's ridiculous.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-16-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast