Fix his grill? Michael Strahan says hi.

And I'm not even a Giants fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Fix his grill? Michael Strahan says hi.

And I'm not even a Giants fan.

You always have to chuckle at what people say. IMO he needs more than this year, future does look bright . Harper and Trout are definitely it as hitters right now.
    #BringBackMatty

He's on a trajectory to being the best player in baseball.

That said, Trout and Harper were 5 time all stars before the age of 25 (the age Judge is in his first all star appearance). Not to mention Trout and Harper have 3 MVPs between them already.

Trout is nowhere near the face of baseball. The best player in the game doesn't automatically equate to that status.

"good looking dude"

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

What more does Kris Bryant have to do to get into this conversation? He's gone from College POY > Minor League POY > Rookie of the Year > MVP in consecutive years. He also led a major market team in breaking one of the most famous droughts in all of sports history. He's a good looking dude and seems to be a really likable person as well. Basically anyone saying it is already Judge over Trout, Kershaw, Bryant is basically saying "the face of baseball" has to play in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its a geographical thing.

Does it really matter though? How many people last year were saying Kris Bryant was the new face of baseball?
    Definitely doesn't matter at all. Quite the trivial thing to be arguing about.

psd rules!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Trout is nowhere near the face of baseball. The best player in the game doesn't automatically equate to that status.
    Its a geographical thing.

Does it really matter though? How many people last year were saying Kris Bryant was the new face of baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Definitely doesn't matter at all. Quite the trivial thing to be arguing about.
    I dont remember this topic coming up when Harper won his MVP in 2015 or Kris Bryant and Mike Trout won last year.

Those guys play in largely represented markets and have some of the same qualities Judge has.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    This.

Love him or hate him it's Harper and I don't even think it's all that close with Trout.

Judge is on the come up because he's massive, in a big market, and hits the ball a long way. But he's really just starting to get the recognition outside of baseball circles.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by CTCUBBIES View Post
    What more does Kris Bryant have to do to get into this conversation? He's gone from College POY > Minor League POY > Rookie of the Year > MVP in consecutive years. He also led a major market team in breaking one of the most famous droughts in all of sports history. He's a good looking dude and seems to be a really likable person as well. Basically anyone saying it is already Judge over Trout, Kershaw, Bryant is basically saying "the face of baseball" has to play in NY.
    The Yankee name is pretty transcendent outside of baseball so it definitely has a lot of weight to it.

When we're talking things like the 'face of baseball' you have to keep in mind that most people are not rational or care to make the best decision.

The Kardashians are a prime example of this. As sad as it is, they are very likely the face of the US.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by CTCUBBIES View Post
    Bryant is absolutely in the discussion

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    "good looking dude"
    Problem with that?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast