Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't think the lakers are done making moves yet so I'll hold off on my predictions..

I think so far this offseason they've added somewhere between 5-10 wins, but they aren't done yet so I'll probably change that. We will see

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride323 View Post
    35 wins

I don't think that's a bad number and it's a solid improvement from last year. I don't think Lonzo Ball, Ingram, Randle, KCP, & Brook Lopez is enough to make it to the playoffs in the west.

If by some crazy chance we make it to the playoffs, Luke Walton should be COY and Lonzo Ball should be MVP, because on paper this is not a playoff team in the western conference.
    If we make playoffs its going to be because of BI and how much he has grown. If he is as unguardable as he was in summer league.... we will be a problem next year. Lonzo going to get everyone one else going. BI gonna have his sets to get us ISO buckets when we need it in the 4th or our O gets stagnant.

To be honest Ingram's skinny frame physique is worrying me a bit. I think his game is evolving to a Grant Hill slasher type, and without the muscular cushion his joints might not be able to handle the rigor and the hits.

KD is surviving because he mostly plays the deadly pull up game and his post game is decent as well.

I hope Ingram is more aggressive this season. I don't want him to be a ball stopper with Lonzo running the show. Ingram can be the benefit of a lot of great looks, plus Ingram can dish the rock himself as a SF or SG or PG. I think Ingram footwork will be much improved from last year, his length is insane, he can shoot over people even if his footwork isn't there.

30 MAX...Every team in the West is improved outside of Clippers and Jazz. Clippers are still a playoff team and Utah will still be a hard out. Minnesota..., Denver is even stronger with Millsap, Sacramento had the best draft in the league, Blazers and Grizzlies are still tough, Suns drafted the ROY.... It will be difficult to compile wins next year in the Western Conference because every team is better than all but a few East teams. Lakers have done very well vs the east the past few years but the west is simply too strong. We are getting stronger but still far from competing for the playoffs.

Between 30 and 40 wins. They gotta take the sting of losing next years pick off as much as possible. I also think some teams won't meet expectations. That's the case every year but I think the grizzlies and clippers take huge steps backwards and I'm not sold on the timberwolves at all.

The lost boys

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Legend42 View Post
    Between 30 and 40 wins. They gotta take the sting of losing next years pick off as much as possible. I also think some teams won't meet expectations. That's the case every year but I think the grizzlies and clippers take huge steps backwards and I'm not sold on the timberwolves at all.
    Add utah to that list.

@jsnake8 clippers are far from a sure playoffs team now, CP3 was their heart and soul, plus they lost some key players (redick, mbahamoute, speights etc) they could fall hard in the standings now.

35 wins is the maximum imo.

We will have some good defense mainly from KCP and Ingram,then to a lesser degree, Nance and Kuzma. That means we are gonna suck most of the time, but at least we could be decent growing a chemistry during the season.

Ball is going to be torched on defense, he will shoot horribly(the important thing for me is learning a better shooting selection,it's right giving him a year to improve his shot motion), but I hope he will keep good numbers in the rebounds and assists coloumns.

Lopez will be good on offense, on defense is kinda bad, bar for some blocks.

I'm really interested in Randle and Kuzma battling for the PF spot. This year will be a true test for the former, if this year he doesn't show an improved defense and shooting, he will be on the trading block for sure.

1. GS
    2. Hou
    3.santonio (these two are interchangeable)
    4. Thunder
    5.nuggets(5-7 all interchangeable gonna be separated by few wins)
    6.wolves
    7.pels
    8. Blazers( Up for grabs between Memphis utah Portland clips and prolly 1 surprise team out of us suns kings )

We have a VERY outside shot at #8 seed next year

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    1. GS
    2. Hou
    4. Thunder
    6.wolves
    7.pels
    8. Blazers( Up for grabs between Memphis utah Portland clips and prolly 1 surprise team out of us suns kings )

Houston gave a up a huge portion of its bench to get cp3 and will lose more by bringing in melo.

The lost boys

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    1. GS
    2. Hou
    4. Thunder
    6.wolves
    7.pels

I definitely don't see the nuggets that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I definitely don't see the nuggets that high.
    You are gonna be surprised

I would love to get the 8th seed and play GSW, only to beat them one game and put up a hell of a fight.

If our young cornerstones can step it up this year 2018 is going to be a lot of fun.

A few over rated teams IMO...
    Minny?
    Jimmy Butler is a star player but he's not a game changer...I'll believe when I see it...I still don't like Wiggins...
    Teagues a decent add...But who's playing next to KAT?...
    I see us getting in that *ss when we meet them...running them off the court...

Nuggets?
    They are not in any better position than we are in... No real superstars...They have a hodgepodge of players...
    I honestly feel they will trade 2 or 3 players at some point...I don't see a cohesive game plan...
    Faried's game is outdated...I won't say Mudiay is a bust but he will probably need a fresh start...He will not beat out Jamal Murray at PG...Milsap...ehhh...I mean they have young talent...Jokic...I like Murray...Guy Harris...ehhh...he's a shooter...But I mean why would they be a sure shot to be better than the Lakers? Not buying it right now...

Pelicans?
    The only way the Pelicans become a legit playoff contender is if Cousins and Davis learn how to play off eachother's games...Just winging it in the offense won't cut it...They're too alike...HC has some work to do...
    Also, I'm not sold Cousins stays... So could be one of those up and down years...

Why I'm so high on the Lakers as a surprise team this season more then the previous is because I believe we have the core of our roster set...Players can get comfortable...
    I don't even think the Lakers move Clarkson...He's the perfect 6th man...
    Unless...big unless...Hart balls out...and it makes sense to package Clarkson to move Deng...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast