Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    They'd likely have to give up a lot, and take on all of his salary, but for a team that's actually willing to spend money, that's not a scary proposition. If you put money into your team, the fans will pay you back.

So he says this in the article, which to me is asinine. We'd have to give up prospects and pay all of his salary lmao. I don't think so!

What about Dee Gordon? We should get him. Since we're stuck on small ball, might as well have someone who could steal.

Rays interested in Strickland. Unless we can get a solid piece back I wouldn't trade him. He's a quality arm in crappy bullpen.

SAN DIEGO -- Giants right-hander Hunter Strickland has attracted the attention of the Rays, who are seeking relief help as the July 31 non-waiver Trade Deadline approaches.

A Rays scout was at Petco Park to witness effective appearances by Strickland in the first two games of this series. On Friday, Strickland faced three batters, allowing a hit while striking out two. On Saturday, he worked a scoreless eighth inning against the Padres.

These outings lengthened Strickland's recent surge in performance. Entering Sunday, he had allowed two runs in his last 13 1/3 innings, which spanned 15 games. This trimmed Strickland's overall ERA to 1.91, tying him for 10th-best among National League relievers. He also has amassed 36 strikeouts in 33 innings.

The Giants must decide whether they're better off keeping Strickland, 28, than parting with him. Strickland's velocity routinely hovers around or above 95 mph.

The Giants are hoping to obtain Major League-ready players in any deal they might make, since they're reluctant to undergo a full-fledged rebuilding process that would require stockpiling lower-level talent.
    http://m.giants.mlb.com/news/article...wing-interest/

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeWalker View Post
    What about Dee Gordon? We should get him. Since we're stuck on small ball, might as well have someone who could steal.
    We don't need him. Our infield is set for the next few years with Panik, Crawford, and Arroyo. I'm unsure of how his arm would fare at third since Panik wouldn't be moving if he was acquired. His speed would be nice but he brings zero power and we need exactly that, plus his OBP is just meh (career .326 OBP). He's also owed $38M over the next four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Rays interested in Strickland. Unless we can get a solid piece back I wouldn't trade him. He's a quality arm in crappy bullpen.

http://m.giants.mlb.com/news/article...wing-interest/
    In a season like this, I think you need to try and trade anyone with value who's not a core piece. Strickland is a good arm, but far from a core piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    In a season like this, I think you need to try and trade anyone with value who's not a core piece. Strickland is a good arm, but far from a core piece.
    Yeah I see the point in that. Just sucks that our already crappy bullpen would get crappier.

I see no reason to trade a cheap, young, effective player unless we are bowled over with the offer.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I really don't think Giants will do much. Chances are are high we'll trade Nunez for a B or C prospect.

The delusional Giants management things we're a quick fix away from competing again because how we bounced back in 2012, 2014 and somewhat 2016 following disappointing years in 2011,2013 and 2015.

But we are old, not very athletic and not very talented. Too many one sided players. The league has figured out a lot of our hitters.

This is really the time to clean shop. We're a good 3-4 years from being relevant again IMO. Dodgers have too good of a young core. Rockies have potential to be good for a while and the Dbacks will flirt around here and there as a constant 3rd place team.

Reset and get younger.

They need some power bats in that line up so Stanton would fit right in. I'm not sure what it would take to get him, but whatever it is, it maybe worth it. Next on my list would be Scooter Gennett who is turning into a utility type player being able to play left and 2nd.

Giants would have to trade AT&T park, their top 20 prospects, & Buster Posey (while eating 95% of contract) just to have Miami consider their offer for Stanton.
    De'Aaron Fox | Buddy Hield | Bogdan Bogdanovic | Skal Labissiere

“When you put Peyton and Big Ben together, you get Andrew Luck. He has the cerebralness of Peyton and the grit of Ben. ” - Bruce Arians on Andrew Luck

You would think if we picked up the full contract they'd be happy with that.

I have to assume at least 5 other teams would gladly eat Stanton's contract if it meant they got those sweet sweet dingers.

With the ownership of the Marlins in the midst of changing hands from Loria to Bush and Company, I wonder just how much that will effect their willingness to do any big deals during the transition. If I were Bush and Jeter, I wouldn't want to trade away their star player. The Marlins have a nice offensive unit with Stanton, Yelich and Ozuna. Stanton is the oldest being 27. Their biggest problem is the pitching rotation. I can't even name their #1 starter. Is it Strailly? Conley?

Straily....and no use worrying about Stanton. He certainly isn't coming to the Giants.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I'm all for standing pat and because I think the Giants have some nice young power guys. Wish Slater didn't get hurt because he needs as much time at the plate. I'm also looking forward to guys like Chris Shaw and Ryder Jones, who has some raw power.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast