Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    One positive from the game was Duda upping his trade value a bit with his 15th HR.

Will the Yankees bite?
    Probably not at the Mets asking price. If the returns are similar from another team, I don't expect the Mets to help the Yankees.

Hard to know what Duda's market is though. Someone will need a 1st baseman but the Mets have to be willing to accept the best offer and not what they believe he's valued at (if indeed they value him more than other teams do).

Teams are making moves now, Cubs got a TORP they been looking for and he pitched great for them in his first outing. Nat's got a closer and set up man to help their ****** pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colorado Rockies @ New York Mets - July 14th- July 16th

Our time is comin...we will make a trade this week.

It'll be nice to have TC gone for Sundays. He's always given everyone a rest on this day it seems, even if they don't need/want it. Not necessarily today, but over the years. He treats it almost like an exhibition game. Other teams see that and they're like "sweet, we are getting a freebie today"

I'd like to know his winning percentage by day of the week...Sunday has gotta be the worst...or it's just that everyone points it out everytime lol.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Probably not at the Mets asking price. If the returns are similar from another team, I don't expect the Mets to help the Yankees.

Hard to know what Duda's market is though. Someone will need a 1st baseman but the Mets have to be willing to accept the best offer and not what they believe he's valued at (if indeed they value him more than other teams do).
    Agree.

I don't expect us to get any significant return for him, I just want to see Smith at 1B. Then again, if Duda is traded will they promote Smith or will it be first base by committee?
    Nothing Like Working Out On A Fitball

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Teams are making moves now, Cubs got a TORP they been looking for and he pitched great for them in his first outing. Nat's got a closer and set up man to help their ****** pen.

What does TORP mean......

Mets Dieharder Since '63

SNY. TV Report: Mets keeping Rosario in Triple-A because of Cabrera:

"The Mets have hesitated to call up prospect Amed Rosario from Triple-A Las Vegas because of possible turmoil in the big-league clubhouse stemming from Asdrubal Cabrera's lingering unhappiness, reports Bob Klapisch of The Record, citing one person familiar with management's thinking.

Cabrera is reportedly still upset over the team's decision to move him to second base. He publicly sought a trade in June, but soon backed away from the request. Cabrera seeks another opportunity to play shortstop and wants the team to exercise his option for 2018, but Jose Reyes has played at shortstop in every game he's played since June 13.

"Why would [Cabrera] be upset? I'm the one playing shortstop," Reyes said after Sunday's game, according to NJ.com's Abbey Mastracco. "I haven't seen anything different."

While the Mets are reportedly concerned that Cabrera's issue could affect those around him and Rosario, manager Terry Collins said he has not discussed the possibility of Rosario being called up.

"That's the first time I've heard something like that and I don't know where that came from," Collins said, according to Mastracco. "I've said all along, I think our clubhouse has very, very good veteran players. That has not been a discussion. We really haven't talked much about Rosario, that's going to be his call. So that's kind of news to me."

However, Cabrera denied being upset with Rosario, telling the New York Post's Zach Braziller, "I got nothing to be [mad] about [with] Amed. That's not my choice [when he gets promoted]."

Klapisch reports the 21-year-old Rosario is "close" to being called up, but his promotion depends on how the Mets play in the second half of the season.

Earlier this week, Rosario tweeted about his desire to be promoted to the big leagues before deleting the tweet shortly after. "On my knees and I Just want to propose to Queens - NY that is," he said. "AR = Amed is Ready #Facts #DontBeSurprisedBeReady"

In 85 games for Triple-A Las Vegas this season, Rosario is hitting .328 with 17 doubles, seven home runs, 52 RBIs and 17 stolen bases."

Obviously, there are a few disgruntled players. Why should this be such a hinderance? I thought we were looking to improve the team.....

We're allowing CABRERA to dictate now, wtf. This is a sign that management has lost perspective and showing signs of ineptitude. I don't believe I've heard of this before.
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 07-16-2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Additional info

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Agree.

I don't expect us to get any significant return for him, I just want to see Smith at 1B. Then again, if Duda is traded will they promote Smith or will it be first base by committee?
    You'll see Smith promoted.

"TORP"= top of the rotation starter

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Our time is comin...we will make a trade this week.

It'll be nice to have TC gone for Sundays. He's always given everyone a rest on this day it seems, even if they don't need/want it. Not necessarily today, but over the years. He treats it almost like an exhibition game. Other teams see that and they're like "sweet, we are getting a freebie today"

I'd like to know his winning percentage by day of the week...Sunday has gotta be the worst...or it's just that everyone points it out everytime lol.

Well, with apathy already set in my some players trades need to be made.

I wonder if there are any takers for Cabrera?

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You'll see Smith promoted.

"TORP"= top of the rotation starter
    Thanks mw69!

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Well, with apathy already set in my some players trades need to be made.

I wonder if there are any takers for Cabrera?
    Oh yea. He provides value for sure...not as a starting SS...but he's got value to someone, no doubt. He's no slouch.

Which teams out there are gonna make a move for a Lefty bat with some power/RBI production??

Wondering what you would give up for your team to acquire a rental at corner OFer/DH (Jay Bruce) or at 1B/DH (Lucas Duda).

Twins could use him.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Twins could use him.
    That's my second team...I see them needing pitching and more pitching. They've got good run scoring...but I guess they could get more, especially with the DH spot.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456