Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 87 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1703
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    This Eagles fan agrees with you.

I'm not sure what Riley Cooper has to do with Ezekiel Elliott though.
    It got a bit off topic once I decided to respond to BDawk's off topic post.

I guess you could say that it correlates because BDawk's adamant that it doesn't make you racist while Cowboy fans are adamant that Elliott is innocent.... Sometimes fans are going to fan.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Do you refer to him as the N word? I'm sure if he's your best friend, you don't.
    Have I used the word before to him, yes. Did Cooper use it to declare his hatred for an entire race, no. Saying the word doesn't make you racist. Saying something is gay doesn't make you a homophobe. Not standing for the national anthem doesn't make you un-American.

The use of the word is only part of it, the feeling and intent behind the use is the other.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

I guess you could say that it correlates because BDawk's adamant that it doesn't make you racist while Cowboy fans are adamant that Elliott is innocent.... Sometimes fans are going to fan.
    I agree with Bdawk as a Cowboy fan that saying a racist word doesn't inherently make you a racist.

I also don't believe many cowboy fans are adamant that he's innocent. Reasonable people just aren't going to crucify a guy just because a woman, a highly questionable one at that, makes an accusation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Cooper was in an argument with a black security guard and shouted he "will jump the fence and fight every n-word here." At a hip hop concert with heavy n-word use that may have been more understandable but he was attending a Kenny Chesney concert. So in my eyes, it was definitely a racist act. I guess we can now argue how many racist acts are needed before someone becomes a racist.

I was wearing my homer goggles heavily back then, but Chip Kelly tolerating that while releasing DeSean Jackson a year later should have been eye-opening.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post

I agree with Bdawk as a Cowboy fan that saying a racist word doesn't inherently make you a racist.

I also don't believe many cowboy fans are adamant that he's innocent. Reasonable people just aren't going to crucify a guy just because a woman, a highly questionable one at that, makes an accusation.

So a suspension is what you call crucify? Pulling woman's top down for the world to see probably played a part otherwise he would never learned and think it was okay for high profile stars to do that

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Do you refer to him as the N word? I'm sure if he's your best friend, you don't.
    Have I used the word before to him, yes. Did Cooper use it to declare his hatred for an entire race, no. Saying the word doesn't make you racist. Saying something is gay doesn't make you a homophobe. Not standing for the national anthem doesn't make you un-American.

The use of the word is only part of it, the feeling and intent behind the use is the other.
    Agreed

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    So a suspension is what you call crucify? Pulling woman's top down for the world to see probably played a part otherwise he would never learned and think it was okay for high profile stars to do that
    It's not just a suspension.

Labeling someone a domestic abuser when there is well beyond reasonable doubt is careless, lazy and irresponsible.

It goes well beyond the game, you can't just ruin someone's reputation like that unless you are sure. It's very irresponsible for corporations to levy these kind of attacks so they can CYA themselves from a PR perspective because they mishandled prior DV cases.

And not only did they find him guilty of the crime when their own investigator said they should not, they double downed in a prosecutorial manner when their PR team labeled him a victim shamer for questioning the character of the accuser who lied to the police.

If this was not someone who was famous, they would be sued for deformation of character and likely lose a lot of money.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    They should have suspended him for the st patty's day incident along with the bar fight.

They had much more to go with there. Instead they went with flimsy evidence so they could appear to be tough on DV.

Yankees Farm System

This should be renamed the Riley Cooper thread

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Being innocent and having the proof to reasonably believe you are guilty are two different things.

Lol. The second comment on that tweet...

These Twitter guys are so lax with wording these days.

The judge granted the NFL request to expedite the hearing so now it looks like he may serve the 6 games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    The judge granted the NFL request to expedite the hearing so now it looks like he may serve the 6 games this year.
    It's the same course they took with Brady, all problity he'll play this year . Serve whatever suspension next season as per Adam scheftner ...
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    This is why he should have served it to start the year. Get it over with. Depending when could be a huge blow if it's during a division oppponent stretch.

Page 87 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast