Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Talking Smack Canceled?

I just saw this on Twitter and it seems legit. Very disappointing as this was one of he "realer" things they had going on and I enjoyed it. I think it helped Baron Corbin a whole lot get into where his character belongs.

Whatever options there are to keep
    It going, as a weekly show, should be considered.

This is so dumb, one of the main reasons I have the network is for talking smack. It gave the talent a oppentunity to get over with the audience besides the scripted promos. If the numbers was falling it was because 205 live was sandwiched between the two. Put talking smack right after smackdown and ratings would have improved. I'm really gonna miss this show.
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

Wow that makes me really upset. Loved Talking Smack

JUSTISE FOR MIAMI

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    This is so dumb, one of the main reasons I have the network is for talking smack. It gave the talent a oppentunity to get over with the audience besides the scripted promos. If the numbers was falling it was because 205 live was sandwiched between the two. Put talking smack right after smackdown and ratings would have improved. I'm really gonna miss this show.
    Baron Corbin really came into his own due to the freer style of Talking Smack. Plus you're actually utilizing Renee Young in a meaningful way. She took a shot at that by saying "it's back to welcoming my guest at this time".

Cancel 205 Live or make it part of NXT/another night. Don't punish Talking Smack and waste the best promo of the year. Miz smashed it out of the ****ing park and made that show a staple of my Tuesday wrestling experience.

WWE confirmed it is true:

"We continuously review WWE Network's programming line-up based on a variety of factors, including viewership and subscriber research. Talking Smack and Raw Talk will air following pay-per-view events, and Tuesday will continue to feature 205 LIVE."
    This doesn't make sense to me. They want to provide original content, and it seemed to be popular. Even if it was one of their lower rated shows, it still doesn't make sense. The cost of making it had to be very low with it being filmed right after Smackdown.

https://heavy.com/sports/2017/07/ren...rough-twitter/

Why wouldn't you tell the person who puts the show on every week? This is a person who is wanted by major networks, probably not the best idea to continue doing this to her.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    https://heavy.com/sports/2017/07/ren...rough-twitter/

Why wouldn't you tell the person who puts the show on every week? This is a person who is wanted by major networks, probably not the best idea to continue doing this to her.
    They should give her one of the commentary jobs. I would really like to see what her and Corey Graves could do together. Obviously she's the face and he would be the heel.

so ****ing stupid. All they had to do was tape 205 Live before SDL and keep talking smack after SDL to keep the viewers up. Putting talking smack an hour+ after SDL airs was so ****ing dumb.

Talking smack was awesome (when DB was on). **** off WWE

Baron Corbin really came into his own due to the freer style of Talking Smack. Plus you're actually utilizing Renee Young in a meaningful way. She took a shot at that by saying "it's back to welcoming my guest at this time".

Cancel 205 Live or make it part of NXT/another night. Don't punish Talking Smack and waste the best promo of the year. Miz smashed it out of the ****ing park and made that show a staple of my Tuesday wrestling experience.
    I'm worried though that if people bash 205 even more, they will just get rid of the cruserweight division since I don't think Vince was ever too keen on the cruserweights.

Yeah I feel bad for Renee, and she really can't protest or Dean will be punished. The best part was Daniel Bryan mic time, now we will get to see him like 5 mins a week.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    I'm worried though that if people bash 205 even more, they will just get rid of the cruserweight division since I don't think Vince was ever too keen on the cruserweights.

Yeah I feel bad for Renee, and she really can't protest or Dean will be punished. The best part was Daniel Bryan mic time, now we will get to see him like 5 mins a week.
    I definitely get what you're saying. If the CW's go away, then Neville goes back to being a wasted talent. I think his best opportunity would be to join the tag division. Vince seems to be more willing to treat smaller guys like they're talented there rather than as singles competitors.

But I feel like Vince gets some sort of sick pleasure out of watching them flounder with no direction. I am probably wrong but it would explain to me why they have been given nothing outside of Neville.

I definitely get what you're saying. If the CW's go away, then Neville goes back to being a wasted talent. I think his best opportunity would be to join the tag division. Vince seems to be more willing to treat smaller guys like they're talented there rather than as singles competitors.

But I feel like Vince gets some sort of sick pleasure out of watching them flounder with no direction. I am probably wrong but it would explain to me why they have been given nothing outside of Neville.
    The problem with the cruserweights is not alot of them can talk very well, so they give the bad gimmicks to give them characters. Austin Aries was a great talker, I will never get why they had Neville win every match and never gave Aries a title run. Enzo could liven up the division with his talking skills and underdog story to get better in the ring. The funny irony that would play out well on tv is if Enzo wins the cruserweight title before Cass wins any title.

Talking Smack Canceled?

Something has to go to make room for the Bellas' Healthy Smoothie Show.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

The CW division doesn't mesh with the WWE style. The WWE style is about reducing the risk of injury as much as possible while putting on solid matches. They know they can't get away with the 1980s rest hold matches but they certainly don't want what goes on in ROH, NJPW, or AAA where they treat their cruiserweights like cruiserweights. Guys that take calculated risk but also do a great job of choreographing great high flying/exciting matches.

Think about how different the CWC is 205 Live. Its basically just another brand extension with smaller guys and horrible storylines.

Talking Smack Canceled?

So apparently the show wasn't cancelled due to low ratings. It was cancelled by Vince himself......

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    So apparently the show wasn't cancelled due to low ratings. It was cancelled by Vince himself......
    I can't verify the numbers. But I asked Dave Meltzer on Twitter (he responded with the numbers were in the newsletter) and someone else responded saying Talking Smack was 18th ranked and 205 Live wasn't in the top 20.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast