Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Michael Pineda torn UCL; Tommy John recommended

Tough break for Yankees rotation. Tough break for Pineda being an FA this coming off-season too.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/michael-pineda-tommy-john-surgery-yankees.html
    Last edited by statquo; 07-14-2017 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Link

(Cashman picks up phone. Calls Bobby Evans. Acquires Johnny Cueto)

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    (Cashman picks up phone. Calls Bobby Evans. Acquires Johnny Cueto)
    Cashman promotes Chance Adams is more what I'm hoping for.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think Seattle won this trade since they were able to rip the band aid off a long long time ago.

Unfortunately Pineda's career with the Yankees has been marred by underperformance and stat teasing Ricky Nolasconess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Pony up for Verlander !

He's been so hot and cold this year and really his whole career. I had no interest in re-signing him because of the inconsistencies. I actually was hoping to trade him to salvage something. Severino has been great this year. CC has pitched well too. Montgomery has done very well and as a rookie you aren't kicking him out. That leaves Tanaka and Pineda as the guys to go if you trade for someone or call someone like Chance Adams up. Tanaka obviously is the guy you want to keep even though he's struggled badly. So I wanted Pineda out of the rotation anyway.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Promote Adams, see what he can do in a couple starts, and they may likely acquire a Hellickson-type innings eater, with an outside shot at trading for Gray/Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Promote Adams, see what he can do in a couple starts, and they may likely acquire a Hellickson-type innings eater, with an outside shot at trading for Gray/Cole.
    Hey if they want an innings eater John Lackey can try to do the job with the best of em

When Pineda was on he was so nasty. He owned the Jays for a few years before we finally figured him out. It sucks to see this happen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I'm starting to think Seattle won this trade since they were able to rip the band aid off a long long time ago.

Unfortunately Pineda's career with the Yankees has been marred by underperformance and stat teasing Ricky Nolasconess.

Yankees actually got starts and decent games Montero was a complete failure.

Speaking on Montero and hows career spiraled downward he performed really well in the blue jays minor league 2016 why was he released ?

Didn't some scout nickname him Krispy Kreme?

I'd love for the Pirates to do something with Pineda this winter similar to what the Rays did with Eovaldi. I don't quite think Searage is the magician he's made out to be, but I'd like to see if he could straighten Pineda out just little much whenever he's healthy. He's always been tantalizingly close to being a very effective starter, and for some reason despite him being a Yankee I've always rooted for him. Hope he can bounce back down the road.
    this my sig

That sucks, but man is Pineda such an enigma. Great stuff, never been able to consistently put it together.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I'd love for the Pirates to do something with Pineda this winter similar to what the Rays did with Eovaldi. I don't quite think Searage is the magician he's made out to be, but I'd like to see if he could straighten Pineda out just little much whenever he's healthy. He's always been tantalizingly close to being a very effective starter, and for some reason despite him being a Yankee I've always rooted for him. Hope he can bounce back down the road.
    You would be looking at a two year contract, since most of next year would be dedicated to continuing recovery and then rehab. Wouldn't be a bad deal if the money is right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast