Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    11,057

    Michael Pineda torn UCL; Tommy John recommended

    Tough break for Yankees rotation. Tough break for Pineda being an FA this coming off-season too.

    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/michael-pineda-tommy-john-surgery-yankees.html
    Last edited by statquo; 07-14-2017 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Link

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    33,472
    (Cashman picks up phone. Calls Bobby Evans. Acquires Johnny Cueto)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    (Cashman picks up phone. Calls Bobby Evans. Acquires Johnny Cueto)
    Cashman promotes Chance Adams is more what I'm hoping for.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,296
    I'm starting to think Seattle won this trade since they were able to rip the band aid off a long long time ago.

    Unfortunately Pineda's career with the Yankees has been marred by underperformance and stat teasing Ricky Nolasconess.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,837
    Pony up for Verlander !

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    31,072
    He's been so hot and cold this year and really his whole career. I had no interest in re-signing him because of the inconsistencies. I actually was hoping to trade him to salvage something. Severino has been great this year. CC has pitched well too. Montgomery has done very well and as a rookie you aren't kicking him out. That leaves Tanaka and Pineda as the guys to go if you trade for someone or call someone like Chance Adams up. Tanaka obviously is the guy you want to keep even though he's struggled badly. So I wanted Pineda out of the rotation anyway.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    11,863
    Promote Adams, see what he can do in a couple starts, and they may likely acquire a Hellickson-type innings eater, with an outside shot at trading for Gray/Cole.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    37,737
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Promote Adams, see what he can do in a couple starts, and they may likely acquire a Hellickson-type innings eater, with an outside shot at trading for Gray/Cole.
    Hey if they want an innings eater John Lackey can try to do the job with the best of em

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    16,487
    When Pineda was on he was so nasty. He owned the Jays for a few years before we finally figured him out. It sucks to see this happen to him.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,202
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I'm starting to think Seattle won this trade since they were able to rip the band aid off a long long time ago.

    Unfortunately Pineda's career with the Yankees has been marred by underperformance and stat teasing Ricky Nolasconess.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees actually got starts and decent games Montero was a complete failure.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,202
    Speaking on Montero and hows career spiraled downward he performed really well in the blue jays minor league 2016 why was he released ?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    37,737
    Didn't some scout nickname him Krispy Kreme?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    68,540
    I'd love for the Pirates to do something with Pineda this winter similar to what the Rays did with Eovaldi. I don't quite think Searage is the magician he's made out to be, but I'd like to see if he could straighten Pineda out just little much whenever he's healthy. He's always been tantalizingly close to being a very effective starter, and for some reason despite him being a Yankee I've always rooted for him. Hope he can bounce back down the road.
    this my sig

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    89,488
    That sucks, but man is Pineda such an enigma. Great stuff, never been able to consistently put it together.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    11,863
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I'd love for the Pirates to do something with Pineda this winter similar to what the Rays did with Eovaldi. I don't quite think Searage is the magician he's made out to be, but I'd like to see if he could straighten Pineda out just little much whenever he's healthy. He's always been tantalizingly close to being a very effective starter, and for some reason despite him being a Yankee I've always rooted for him. Hope he can bounce back down the road.
    You would be looking at a two year contract, since most of next year would be dedicated to continuing recovery and then rehab. Wouldn't be a bad deal if the money is right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •